What caused this new no venting policy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've seen plenty of people do it and I've never seen it cause any major problems. I thought one of the things that was being complemented so much throughout the course of the election campaign was how civilized everyone was behaving while sharing their views and getting things off their chests.

I think once the Bush bomb dropped, we all became that much more passionate and pissed off in some cases. I was passionate and pissed, I admit, but I think I have started to calm down. Well, until Bush is inaugurated. don't get me started.

A thread went very off course when someone took great offense to some venting.

The last one (not the only case of venting -- there was a lot post election) is in the most recent closed thread here. At the bottom of this page, I think.

One more question. I am not a premium member. Is there any way I can contact one of the mods privately, since I don't have access to private messaging or their e-mail addresses?

I think the policy is for the better. A lot of times when I "vent" (not here) if I wait 12 hrs I feel completely different, even if the circumstances haven't changed. And if I vented even half of how I feel regarding some of the recent posts here, I don't think I'd survive the night... :reject:

It's not really no venting...it's no venting in FYM, which is just fine with me. And I start typing away sooo many times in response to something here, only to decide it's just not a great idea to post when pissed (in either sense of the word -- angry or drunk).

:up:

Any questions about forum policy can be directed to any mod, and we all have our Interference e-mail addresses in our signatures.

Thanks for taking an active interest in FYM! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom