What are your thoughts on school vouchers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
speedracer said:

Increasing teacher salaries still involves taking money away from rich(er) people. If crunching the numbers shows that this is a more efficient solution, then great.

To clarify, I mean that increasing teacher salaries will almost certainly involve increasing taxes (property, income, whatever) on wealthier people, not cutting salaries for teachers in wealthier public school districts.

speedracer said:

To clarify, I mean that increasing teacher salaries will almost certainly involve increasing taxes (property, income, whatever) on wealthier people, not cutting salaries for teachers in wealthier public school districts.

On this you are correct sir...lol...

speedracer said:
Increasing teacher salaries still involves taking money away from rich(er) people. If crunching the numbers shows that this is a more efficient solution, then great.

How the hell do you propose to "take money away from rich people" to fund schools?

How do you define rich?

Like it or not, until you wave your magic funding wand, public schools get stiffed by voucher programs.

speedracer said:

Ok, you answered my question. Now you have to guarantee that these newly raised funds go towards schools.

Good luck. :rolleyes: If you get that to work, hold a governor's conference and let them know how it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom