What are your taxes paying for this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Every year at tax time, I decide what my taxes are paying for. I don't pay enough to worry that my taxes are paying for things I don't agree with. There are enough things the federal government does for me that I like, that I feel good about paying for, so I don't need to get all bent out of shape about paying my taxes.

One year I help fund the free breakfast program for poor children in school. Other years, I've paid for highway work, or national park services.

This year, I'm helping to pay for the federal prosecution of that bastard who killed the gynecologist through the kitchen window.

Without getting political or pissy, tell us what you're paying for with your taxes. If you disagree with someone, keep it to yourself. I will. If you don't follow these rules, you will get the usual :tsk: , and I will chastize you in public.

cancer research, AIDS treatments for Africa, government aid for post 9/11 NYC aid

I am NOT paying for the sign they made for the congressional cafeteria that reads "Freedom Fries" so don't blame me for that.

The bike trails I ride in the forest with my family. My salary!!! LOL

oh and.....i paid for roadsigns. gosh darnit i love those. especially the one for darwin, minnesota that says:

if you lived here you'd be home now.

classic.

contemporary music college - (I wish they would hurry up and build it!)
outreach medical programs

taxes..egad! only 4 months till the end of the financial year...again!!

preach it minnesotan sistah.

here in so dak, we have rubber roads. they expand and contract with the heat/cold. no potholes :drool: they're testing on hwy 90 close to the so dak border in minnesota. but it's expensive.

i'd like to point out that my taxes don't go to pay for anything. there's no income tax here, and i get all my state taxes from when i lived in mn back cos i made too little. besides, i've been unemployed for almost 8 months. ;)

i'll say cancer research. it's about the only thing i've been grateful for this year thanks to the government. the roads in our area are crappy, and radio sucks here now that my favourite station is gone.

oh, cancer research definitely, but i'll also add searches for missing people. not just children, but everyone. :)

Whatever's left after budget cuts for the arts, that's where my buck is going.

Back
Top Bottom