What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
SAN FRANCISCO Officials in San Francisco are stepping into something new -- recycling doggie doo to generate power. Norcal Waste, a garbage hauling company, will collect droppings from a popular dog park. The dog doo will be used to produce methane gas, which can power electric generators. The technology is already used on chicken, hog and dairy farms. San Francisco has plenty raw material for poo power. Residents of The City own an estimated 240-thousand dogs and cats. City officials say Rover, Tabby and their pals produce about 65-hundred tons of doo a year.

Where can I donate our soiled cat litter? :wink:

It's so heavy and takes up so much space in the trash bags. It's more expensive to dispose of than buying the new litter.

I wonder if they will be able to do this on a cost effective basis. Collecting waste from a farm is one thing - where the volume is fairly concentrated. How much will they collect from one park? Certainly not the estimates of total waste generated.

nbcrusader said:
I wonder if they will be able to do this on a cost effective basis. Collecting waste from a farm is one thing - where the volume is fairly concentrated. How much will they collect from one park? Certainly not the estimates of total waste generated.

Wouldn't you hate to be a cost accountant for a dog doo entity? I guess it's better than being a collector. :|

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

That's a good question. I don't see how it can possibly be cost effective collecting in one dog park. The collecters (sounds like a great job :huh: ) are probably being paid far more then the income the shit will eventually generate. I don't know anything about it, but I'm sure there is also some processing treatment the poo would have to go through before it can be used, which would probably make it even less cost effective.

SunBloc said:

Wouldn't you hate to be a cost accountant for a dog doo entity? I guess it's better than being a collector. :|

:lol:

I certainly wouldn't want to do it. Either job, but especially the collecting. As for the accounting, or any other job associated with it, I doubt I could ever explain to anyone what I did without laughing.

nbcrusader said:
Even if it's not cost effective they feel that their making a difference and that's all that really matters, well that and a holier than though attitude.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Now Bush can say we're addicted to dog shit

He's been addicted to spewing out shit for years :D

Eeewwww! Cut the man deep! :laugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom