Web Inventor Warns of 'Dark Net'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what? the telecom companies are in death roes or something? they cant claim something that isnt theirs! internet sure as hell isnt the property of telecoms, they are all interchangeable anyway (low switching costs for consumers).

to answer nbc's question, consumers already pay for internet access. that is the fee for using the infrastructure. the telecoms cant charge based on content because it is not THEIRS. the whole point of the net is that there arent some ASSHOLES (excuse the language) calling the shots and telling people what to do. there arent now, and there shouldnt be any in the future, either.

all_i_want said:
to answer nbc's question, consumers already pay for internet access. that is the fee for using the infrastructure. the telecoms cant charge based on content because it is not THEIRS. the whole point of the net is that there arent some ASSHOLES (excuse the language) calling the shots and telling people what to do. there arent now, and there shouldnt be any in the future, either.

Can telecoms change their pricing structure for access?

I agree with all_i_want, we already pay to use the internet. No one owns the web. I don't want some company, which I already pay for web hosting service, telling me that they are going to start charging people to access my site.

Back
Top Bottom