Wars around the world, less frequent, and less deadly, than 15 years ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think these kinds of reports are a bit silly, if only because I wonder why they decided to only go 15 years back. Wars over the last 100 years are less frequent and even less deadly than they were for all the millennia prior. We just now happen to have film/video recordings, so that we never forget.

Melon

Very interesting on a number of fronts. Facts are always helpful.

I found this comment a bit troubling:

But he cast doubt on its praise for the United Nations, saying the international body had been more successful at preventing conflicts from resuming than starting in the first place.

"Its record in preventing large-scale conflict has been rather poor," he said.

Even if the UN has a poor record in preventing conflicts, there is still great value in preventing such conflicts from resuming.

According to recently released FBI statistics,

the murder rate in the United States is down from past years.

*The United States...where citizens are still allowed the freedom to own a firearm*

We should have gunned each other down years ago :)

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

Even if the UN has a poor record in preventing conflicts, there is still great value in preventing such conflicts from resuming.

thanks for saying this

a lot of people are quick to condemn the UN

and want it to go away

i am convinced we are much, much better off for it's existance

the iron horse said:
According to recently released FBI statistics,

the murder rate in the United States is down from past years.

*The United States...where citizens are still allowed the freedom to own a firearm*

We should have gunned each other down years ago :)

Michael Moore pointed this out years ago, lest conservatives take some time out from berating him. :sexywink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom