*Waits For Lawsuit*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds tasty but deadly. Seriously though, how can people sue about this? How could anyone not realize how bad it is? People have to take responsibility for themselves.

:drool: Bacon :drool:

Ahh c'mon everyone. What's wrong with a big, juicy burger on occasion? As long as people don't eat it every day.. Party poopers.

If you think that's bad, there is this little hole in the wall bar in town called "The Anchor" that specializes in this sort of thing. They have this burger called of course the "Anchor Burger" which is about the same as this one they're describing.
The really big one is called the "Gallybuster," which is three 1/3 pound patties with cheese, bacon and fried onions, they're greasy buggers. On top of that, they give you homemade french fries! All for like $4.50. Yum Yum yum....My friends and I have had it a couple times, but I've found all that food in the belly completely ruins the buzz from the beer...so we usually stick to the 2/3 pound or 1/3 pound. Good thing I only go there once a month or so...The sad thing is some people eat junk like that every night.

The fuss is all about a super-supersized burger — two 1/3-pound slabs of all-Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun. The sandwich alone sells for $5.49, or $7.09 with fries and a soda. The combo packs more calories and fat than most people should get in a day.

:drool:

bsp77 said:
Seriously though, how can people sue about this? How could anyone not realize how bad it is? People have to take responsibility for themselves.

:lmao:

take responsibility for themselves, good one

:lmao:

[/sarcasm]

ImOuttaControl said:
Ahh c'mon everyone. What's wrong with a big, juicy burger on occasion? As long as people don't eat it every day.. Party poopers.

No kidding. Nothing wrong with being concerned about your health, but some people in this country have taken it to this crazy extreme. Someday soon I'm gonna be seeing people sitting around eating nothing but raisins or something.

Seriously, I swear, if somebody does file a lawsuit against Hardee's in regards to this burger, I'm first going to cry, and then I may have to hunt them down and knock them upside the head a few dozen times. "It's fast food, it's greasy...is it healthy?" Hmm, what do you think?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

No kidding. Nothing wrong with being concerned about your health, but some people in this country have taken it to this crazy extreme. Someday soon I'm gonna be seeing people sitting around eating nothing but raisins or something.

Seriously, I swear, if somebody does file a lawsuit against Hardee's in regards to this burger, I'm first going to cry, and then I may have to hunt them down and knock them upside the head a few dozen times. "It's fast food, it's greasy...is it healthy?" Hmm, what do you think?

Angela

Good point. It's sort of like me eating ice cream every so often. That's pure cream, pure fat, tons of sugar, and, eaten in moderation, a heck of alot of fun. Just as long as you don't do it every night.

I just calculated the time to get to the hardees nearest me.....

see you in three hours....

I have lost 17 lbs since september...I can handle the burger.

Sick! I LOVE meat (especially venison...and we've already got three deerthis season!) but I despise any meat that's been "stamped" into an unnatural shape (hotdogs, sausage, anything with ground beef).

:drool:

does it make it any healthier if you have a diet cola?

yeah that always cracks me up; people who order food that's really bad for you and then want a diet pop.

although maybe they really like diet pop over regular so I shouldn't say that I guess.

lauren430 said:
yeah that always cracks me up; people who order food that's really bad for you and then want a diet pop.

although maybe they really like diet pop over regular so I shouldn't say that I guess.

diet pop? is that U2's album from 97 without the dance loops ;)

haha...well "pop" is the Midwest equvalent of soda. When I lived on the west coast, it was soda, but then I spent many years in Ohio and it was pop. Down here in the South it's coke no matter what it is, which I find bizarre. It'll always be pop to me, even though I usually get weird looks when I say it. :)

I hadn't thought of it relating to U2 in that way!!

lauren430 said:
haha...well "pop" is the Midwest equvalent of soda. When I lived on the west coast, it was soda, but then I spent many years in Ohio and it was pop. Down here in the South it's coke no matter what it is, which I find bizarre. It'll always be pop to me, even though I usually get weird looks when I say it. :)

I hadn't thought of it relating to U2 in that way!!

I knew what you meant, just couldn't resist the U2 link. they call it "pop" in certain areas down in the north of England too.

In Glasgow (another major city here in Scotland for those who don't know) they call it "Ginger".....now that's bizarre and if a fellow Scot can enlighten me on this, it would be most appreciated, because nobody has managed to explain that one to me....I'm just an ignorant Highlander despite living in Edinburgh.

lauren430 said:
maybe like ginger ale?

yeah, i think it is...but they'll call Coke that too....in fact anything fizzy bar Alka Seltzer!

Back
Top Bottom