Virtuously Anti-War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Agent behind fake uranium documents worked for France
The Italian businessman at the centre of a furious row between France and Italy over whose intelligence service was to blame for bogus documents suggesting Saddam Hussein was seeking to buy material for nuclear bombs has admitted that he was in the pay of France.

The man, identified by an Italian news agency as Rocco Martino, was the subject of a Telegraph article earlier this month in which he was referred to by his intelligence codename, "Giacomo".

His admission to investigating magistrates in Rome on Friday apparently confirms suggestions that - by commissioning "Giacomo" to procure and circulate documents - France was responsible for some of the information later used by Britain and the United States to promote the case for war with Iraq.

Italian diplomats have claimed that, by disseminating bogus documents stating that Iraq was trying to buy low-grade "yellowcake" uranium from Niger, France was trying to "set up" Britain and America in the hope that when the mistake was revealed it would undermine the case for war, which it wanted to prevent.
link

With the revelations about Saddam Hussein's abuse of oil for food personally benefitting (e.g. Charles Pasqua) I think that all this makes perfect sense.

Possibly he was tortured to say this.

The Bush/Blair/Howard/Berlusconi conspiracy approves of torture, and indeed delights in it. It delights in inflicting pain on others - Iraqis, Iranians, whatever. It is a fanatical far right mind view, that approves of the wealthy getting wealthier, and keeping the poor in servitude.

If you're not White or Christian, better line up and get ready for the cattle-trucks, guys...unless you're a fanatical Zionist, you might get off the hook then.

As a matter of interest A_Wanderer, why do you approve of:

(1) Torture

(2) Killing Iraqi children

(3) Murdering Palestinian children

(4) Inflicting napalm upon the people of Iraq.

(5) Evicting American liberals from your country

Just curious.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
With the revelations about Saddam Hussein's abuse of oil for food personally benefitting (e.g. Charles Pasqua) I think that all this makes perfect sense.

What about the revelations about corruption of the US government in Iraq, looks like you haven't anything to say about them?

How strange.

(1) Torture ~ yes in very specific circumstances, not in any of the cases presented at either Gitmo or Abu Ghraib.

(2) Killing Iraqi children ~ no I do not approve of killing Iraqi children, by US bombs, terrorist bombs or the bigger killer of all Saddam Hussein.

(3) Murdering Palestinian children ~ No, and I think that there is an onus on the people who put children in the firing line and hide behind civilians.

(4) Inflicting napalm upon the people of Iraq. ~ its more or less useless in that type of warfare.

(5) Evicting American liberals from your country ~ if you break requirements of your stay I think it is within the bounds of government to expel people regardless of race.

Possibly he was tortured to say this.

The Bush/Blair/Howard/Berlusconi conspiracy approves of torture, and indeed delights in it. It delights in inflicting pain on others - Iraqis, Iranians, whatever. It is a fanatical far right mind view, that approves of the wealthy getting wealthier, and keeping the poor in servitude.

If you're not White or Christian, better line up and get ready for the cattle-trucks, guys...unless you're a fanatical Zionist, you might get off the hook then.
I think your entirely wrongheaded on this issue
> In an EU country being tortured to testify? how many human rights lawyers would be crawling over this case, how many are itching to bring down Berlesconi?
> Delight in inflicting pain? an interesting supposition, if they really cared about inflicting pain why send troops into places like Falluja? why not level the town? if civilian lives do not matter why bother wasting troops to support a flegling democracy when you could just stick in a complient dictator to rule with a slightly less bloody approach than Saddam?
> Gear up for the cattle trucks eh? and you even got the inherent racism, religious bigotry and sinister zionists in there ~ triple points!

Last edited:

Don't be such a lackey for the Bush Administration

This is so not creditable

if this was a trap

it would have been outted immediately
to undermine the arguments

Think of the fake document planted for
Dan Rather

that WAS a trap set for him
and outted immediately to undermine the TRUE arguments that W got help from his family to avoid Viet Nam service and then went AWOL
That was a successful trap set and sprung that worked.

When a trap is set, it is sprung when the victim takes the bait.

secret services.. yeah, behind the curtains.

Info provided by SISMI or the French Secret service surely wouldn´t have been enough evidence. Like the article states, MI6 says there was another source too.

Also, when talking about the WMD case, I have other fake documents in mind: the ones that were presented to the public by Powell.

Back
Top Bottom