Vile Animal Rights Campaigners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Grave robbers force farm to stop breeding guinea pigs

Farmers breeding guinea pigs have said they will abandon the work in the hope that the remains of their grandmother dug up from a grave in Staffordshire will be returned.

The Hall family, who run Darley Oaks Farm in Newchurch, have been targeted by animal rights activists during a six year campaign of intimidation.

They have been breeding guinea pigs for biomedical research.

In October 2004 grave robbers removed the remains of their 82-year-old grandmother, Gladys Hammond, from a churchyard in nearby Yoxall.

Now the farm is to stop its work at the end of the year, a spokesman for the David Hall and Partners family-run business said today.

"The business, which has operated for over three decades, will undergo a phased closure until then to ensure the welfare of animals involved, the spokesman said.

"We now hope that, as a result of this announcement, those responsible for removing Gladys' body will return her so she can lie once again in her rightful resting place.

"David Hall and Partners are planning a return to traditional farming. They have no plans to be involved in any way in the breeding of animals for medical or scientific research."

Campaigners said they will continue their protest until the guinea pig breeding operation officially closed at the end of the year.

A spokesman for Stop the Newchurch Guinea Pigs, who gave his name as Johnny and would not reveal his surname, said:

"This is the most fantastic day of my life.

"It's a victory for the animals and it's a fundamental victory for the animal rights movement. I feel so unbelievably proud to be part of the movement."

Local Tory MP Michael Fabricant, referring to the disinterring of Mrs Hammond's remains, told the BBC's Today programme: "Isn't it a tragedy that behaviour of that type apparently has succeeded in this country?"
link

What contemptable thugs, animal rights terrorists really.

People like this make me sick. It becomes far removed from their intentions. Intent, as everyone should be aware, does not give righteousness to action.
:grumpy:

The end justifies the means to these people.

My ideal end for these people would be a mouth of missing teeth. The means would be an aluminum baseball bat.

this story has been sickening me for a long time. the 'activists' campaign of intimidation was sick and twisted. friends and family of the farmers had stones thrown at their houses, were harrassed in the street.....and to steal a grandmother's body is sick beyond belief. The activists are saying they won't stop yet either, as farming won't cease until the end of the year. The hardcore are going to continue their 'protest'.

And I would be interested to know if any of these 'activists' have serious medical conditions that require the use of drugs?

Why don't these people donate half their salary to their local SPCA and get over themselves already?

There are animals in much greater danger than guinea pigs bred for research. I'm guessing a sick, ill-treated, inbred guinea pig isn't much use for experiments so I'm guessing these guinea pigs are treated FAR better than people who run puppy mills or dog fighting rings.

These type of acts casue a negative view of all animal right organizations which are working in a productive way to promote animal welfare. This type of behavior from people who claim to be protecting animals, are only hurting the cause and in the long run more animals may suffer.

:censored: :censored: :censored:
There are no words I can say in polite company about this story. Suffice it to say I do not support these actions.
:silent: :silent: :silent:

as a long time vegetarian and animal rights supporter I have to say that these people are extremists. They give people like myself a bad name. Folks like myself believe that ALL life is precious. We not only respect animals, we respect people too. We would NEVER hurt a human being just to get our point across about animals.

Back
Top Bottom