US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am (and I read this article, too). BMP's comment isn't a serious response to it. And given his relationship with many of the posters in here, it seems designed to get a rise out of people.

I was just posting an opinion after reading the article and that's how I actually feel about her hawkishness. If you're going to write it off as trolling, then that's because she's a sacred cow to some people in this thread. Most here would call Bush's foreign policy doctrine under his Presidency to be absolutely insane, so I'm not sure what's different here given her rush to send in troops at any opportunity.

Nobody has any problem with blunt opinions about Trump in this thread, so it's strange that Clinton is off limits.

Last edited:
It pretty much sounds like you're saying that, if enough people don't like your opinion, you are aware of this, and you share your opinion anyway, you are now trolling.

That's pretty pathetic, quite frankly. It would be trivially easy to find examples of both Trump and Sanders being called much worse than bonkers.

That said, Diemen does a good job of staying mostly objective 90/100 times.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
i honestly don't think anybody really gives a flying fuck about bernie or his supporters anymore. they're all irrelevant now. he just happens to the village idiot's favorite topic.

Calling a poster the village idiot is not trolling.

I think BMP has some of the worst political opinions in this thread (I don't not enjoy your posts, though, BMP - no ill will). That said, the vitriol the board has decided he warrants is pretty indefensible.

Things like this are why the board has about three conservatives and maybe two Sanders supporters.

Last edited:
Nobody has any problem with blunt opinions about Trump in this thread, so it's strange that Clinton is off limits.

No, Clinton is not off limits. Pfan posted that article and, last I checked, no one has called for its deletion. However, that article was full of substantive points to be made, and I'm pretty sure that's what Peef was hoping to initiate. And instead we get "boy is she crazy, amirite?" from the resident Hillary basher.

I'm just saying, if you want to have a discussion about Hillary's issues, then by all means, go ahead. There are several posters here who would welcome it. But "she's even more bonkers than I ever could have imagined" is not a good jumping off point.

if being called "the village idiot" is too much "vitriol" for someone to take, the internet is probably the last place they should be.

Last edited:
if being called "the village idiot" is too much "vitriol" for someone to take, the internet is probably the last place they should be.

Yeah, but we'd like it if this place was better than the rest of the internet, which is why it's not cool to call another poster the village idiot here.

sorry but when we have someone come in here and start literally and repeatedly calling other posters "pro-rape" as a debating tactic, my concern for hurting their feelings with mean words like "idiot" kinda goes out the window.

sorry but when we have someone come in here and start literally and repeatedly calling other posters "pro-rape" as a debating tactic, my concern for hurting their feelings with mean words like "idiot" kinda goes out the window.

So next time you lose your concern, don't post the result.

Haha. Shepard Smith just tagged Bono in the Clinton foundation emails requesting a favor of talking to an Astronaut during the 360 tour.

cool then. bmp, feel free to carry on constantly slandering the rest of us, you won't be called the mildest name in the book for it so not to worry :up:

I am saddened that the Clinton Foundation had the balls to bribe contractors for the rights to contracts.

Wait, what's that? That's the other candidate? They focused on making the world a better place? Oh.

But still... Rarrrr pay to play.

This is so fucking stupid. I have to do things for donors all the time. They're not bribing my organization to get special as treatment. They're supporting the philanthropic activities we partake in. And it's just common fucking sense that if the Tisch family wants to get their kid into a sold out program, you get the fucking kid into a sold out program. Because duh.

And if someone important to my wife's work needed something, I'd do my damnedest to make it happen.

There is nothing in any of these emails that shows that any of these meetings or requests was for anything nefarious. It's all rather mundane crap. Stuff that anyone in any job would do for somebody who's been a friend or a donor or ally in any other position they may have had at some point.

Shit, there's nothing even remotely close to Cheney/Haliburton level corruption. But that's conveniently ignored by Republicans. Because Hillary is evil.

My reaction is: is *this* what the Clinton Foundation scandal is about? Maybe I'm just old and jaded about politicians, but I thought that was kind of a given as to how shit worked in high-level politics.

Greasing the wheels, money changing hands, lobbyists, slapping babies and kissing backs, and secret cabals or whatever.

I suspect that most of the people complaining about this either a). have no idea how business and politics work; or b). do but are playing it up for partisan hack reasons; and in both cases c). would demand such perks if they were in that position.

I am saddened that the Clinton Foundation had the balls to bribe contractors for the rights to contracts.

Wait, what's that? That's the other candidate? They focused on making the world a better place? Oh.

But still... Rarrrr pay to play.

This is so fucking stupid. I have to do things for donors all the time. They're not bribing my organization to get special as treatment. They're supporting the philanthropic activities we partake in. And it's just common fucking sense that if the Tisch family wants to get their kid into a sold out program, you get the fucking kid into a sold out program. Because duh.

And if someone important to my wife's work needed something, I'd do my damnedest to make it happen.

There is nothing in any of these emails that shows that any of these meetings or requests was for anything nefarious. It's all rather mundane crap. Stuff that anyone in any job would do for somebody who's been a friend or a donor or ally in any other position they may have had at some point.

Shit, there's nothing even remotely close to Cheney/Haliburton level corruption. But that's conveniently ignored by Republicans. Because Hillary is evil.

Stop killing my sanctimony buzz.

Wait, what's that? That's the other candidate?

Thank you. Especially in regards to the Haliburton thing. Excellent point.

And seriously, do Trump supporters honestly believe Trump is, has been, or will be totally pure and innocent regarding doing things like this?

'Cause if so...wow.

And seriously, do Trump supporters honestly believe Trump is, has been, or will be totally pure and innocent regarding doing things like this?

'Cause if so...wow.

If there is any comparable dirt on Trump we would be hearing it on blast 24/7.

The Clinton Foundation Pay to Play monstrosity is like an Iceberg. Right now only 10% of it is visible above the waterline. It gets uglier everyday with more information coming out through Judicial Watch and Wikileaks.

The Clinton Foundation Pay to Play monstrosity is like an Iceberg. Right now only 10% of it is visible above the waterline. It gets uglier everyday with more information coming out through Judicial Watch and Wikileaks.

Comparable dirt? What comparable dirt is left?!

If you're saying that Trump has an advantage because we already know of the thousands of despicable things he's said and done that, hey, everything from here on out should look pretty good in comparison? Then hey, you might have a point.

Except Trump.

His genuine curiousity about why the US doesn't/hasn't used its nuclear weapons isn't enough?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

WASHINGTON ― After bragging for a year about how cheaply he was running his campaign, Donald Trump is spending more freely now that other people are contributing ― particularly when the beneficiary is himself.

Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign, according to a Huffington Post review of Federal Election Commission filings. The rent jumped even though he was paying fewer staff in July than he did in March.

The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer ― and had 197 paid employees and consultants. In July, it paid 172 employees and consultants.

Trump is stealing campaign funds in order to raise his own personal net worth... but it's a non story, cause it's just sorta expected at this point.

Tip of the turd, if you will

'Cause if so...wow.

This is the thing. If you want to critique the entire system, go for it. But this is the wrong election to use that to smear your rival, because both candidates are immersed in the corporate world. And anybody who thinks that Trump hasn't gone far beyond anything Clinton has done clearly hasn't paid a second of attention to how the man conducts himself or his business.

I also wonder why those who claim no allegiance to either main candidate use this as a stick to beat Clinton rather than Trump. I get why Trump fans do it, even if it's disingenuous. But if you're non-aligned it's a stick to beat both. Focusing on Clinton opens up the implication of sexism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom