US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the more I hear about Stein, the less I like her - and I vote Green in both Australia and New Zealand. But she just does not appear to be competent or capable.

Stein's proposed ban on GMOs until they're "proven safe", whatever the hell that means, is... telling.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, the more I hear about Stein, the less I like her - and I vote Green in both Australia and New Zealand. But she just does not appear to be competent or capable.

I feel much the same way, but ultimately still infinitely more preferable to Hillary - without a second thought.

Giuliani: 'We Didn't Have Any Successful Radical Islamic Terrorist Attacks' Before Obama | NBC New York

what a fucking idiot this clown is. this is the very definition of selling out.
zhz1gpxqd630xjrsxtqn.gif

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

It took a while, but Giuliani is finally getting the backlash he's always deserved. His being praised for post-9/11 response is like Christie being praised for post-Sandy response. Any mildly competent politician would have done that.

A lot of the problems this country experiences with law enforcement these days can be traced back to Broken Windows, which had Giuliani as a lead sponsor.

New Hampshire senator Kelly Ayotte has come front and center to announce she won't be endorsing Trump but she will vote for him.

CONSCIENCE CLEARED EVERYONE.

"I will take on my own party," Ayotte told CNN in Nashua Monday. "I really believe that this is a big issue in this race -- that I am the one candidate that will stand up to whomever is in the White House to do good things when we can work together -- also when it's wrong to stand up to them."

:rolleyes:

Tomorrow The Donald gets his first classified briefing.

Sure he won't share anything over Twitter, or any other time he opens his mouth....

no, haven't you been paying attention, the former secretary of state is the one who can't be trusted with national secrets.

In her defense, from what I've read, this was taken mostly out of context. I don't know if she's very whack, or anti-vax, at that.

Either way, not my cup of tea.

It's just some minor smear from Democrats like when the best they could come up with in 2004 for Nader was that some people that sent him money happened to send money to Republicans (a lot of them to John Kerry as well). Stein has gone on the record recently when asked saying that she's never said vaccines cause autism.

Last edited:
The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the five polls they will be using to determine who gets into them. Gary Johnson happened to be polling better in those than in his overall polling average. He was sitting at 10 percent from the five polling firms as of yesterday and today he earned 11 percent in the latest NBC News poll. The Commission has also recently mentioned the possibility of letting someone in if they're close enough to 15 percent.

They also plan on re-assessing things after each debate by incorporating recent polls. In my opinion, if Gary gets into the first debate, there's no way he won't be able to get a boost and appear in all of the following ones.

This would be undeniably huge for the Libertarian Party given that at least 20% of the American public tends to fall along that spectrum and it seems like where the Republican Party would ultimately be headed on the issues once they realize the Christian Right/xenophobe vote is more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
It's just some minor smear from Democrats like when the best they could come up with in 2004 for Nader was that some people that sent him money happened to send money to Republicans (a lot of them to John Kerry as well). Stein has gone on the record recently when asked saying that she's never said vaccines cause autism.
Stein has gone off the fucking rails as far as campaigning is concerned. Even giving you that she had the vaccine thing taken out of context, it was an extremely un-savvy political thing to even get into. Then add in that she's made her main issues in this election cycle nuclear power and GMOs for some reason? What a wasted opportunity by her.

I'm at most center-left, so I'd be unlikely to ever vote for even a sane candidate closely aligned with Stein. However, I generally think that each element of the political spectrum should put their best foot forward, and it's unfortunate that Stein is most decidedly not that. Bernie is a much better torch-bearer for the American "far left" (excuse me, Vlad); Elizabeth Warren is a much better one than Bernie.

Isn't is great that all of our candidates are:

1) A Republican who is possibly the most dangerous major party nominee in the history of this country (other than perhaps his idol, Andrew Jackson)
2) A Democrat who is at least substantially disliked (though I think this is overplayed somewhat)
3) A Libertarian who is actually just appealing to the stoner wing of the GOP
4) BAN THE GMOs IM A DOCTOR

One could say that climate change, and the drought in the Middle East, is a major cause of the Syrian civil war.

And certainly of conflicts to come in that region, I have little doubt.

I'm at most center-left, so I'd be unlikely to ever vote for even a sane candidate closely aligned with Stein. However, I generally think that each element of the political spectrum should put their best foot forward, and it's unfortunate that Stein is most decidedly not that. Bernie is a much better torch-bearer for the American "far left" (excuse me, Vlad); Elizabeth Warren is a much better one than Bernie.

I'm ready to fight for whatever reason.

Isn't is great that all of our candidates are:

1) A Republican who is possibly the most dangerous major party nominee in the history of this country (other than perhaps his idol, Andrew Jackson)
2) A Democrat who is at least substantially disliked (though I think this is overplayed somewhat)
3) A Libertarian who is actually just appealing to the stoner wing of the GOP
4) BAN THE GMOs IM A DOCTOR

I was going to make a point somewhat like this. I may identify as a green social democrat, but if I were an American voter, I would find myself voting for Clinton on the simple basis that of the four candidates, she is the only one who is actually competent and capable to do the job. In the absence of any other person on the ballot who possesses the appropriate qualifications to fill the office, she would earn my vote by default. Stein may be closer to where I sit on the political continuum but she has proven herself on multiple occasions to not be up to the task; indeed, the US Greens in general don't seem to be up to the task of electioneering or developing a supporter base.

indeed, the US Greens in general don't seem to be up to the task of electioneering or developing a supporter base.

Yeah, but that's got everything to do with the system and the huge importance of money in American campaigns. Everybody is afraid of the greatest evil, so it's all about defensive voting and there's no proportional representation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom