US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I'm really tired of making the distinction between private email and private server. They aren't equivalent. Some Secretaries of State have used the former. Hillary Clinton has used the latter. As far as I know, she is the only SoS to do so. I could be wrong, but I do not believe I am. Also, you all realize that these new emails were discovered amongst emails that had been deleted from her server, if I understand this correctly, right? We still gonna argue over whether she had a private server for less-than-legitimate reasons?
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just wanted to point out that according to this page the whole email thing has happened before with Colin Powell and Jeb Bush: https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/28/whats-this-whole-email-thing-about-anyway/

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, under the Bush administration, ran his own email server and later wiped it, saying of the files stored therein: “I don’t have any to turn over. I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files.”

Jeb Bush, while Governor of Florida, did the same thing:

The former governor conducted all his communication on his private Jeb@jeb.org account and turned over the hand-selected batch to the state archives when he left office. Absent from the stash are emails the governor deemed not relevant to the public record: those relating to politics, fundraising and personal matters while he was governor.

I am confused what he exactly said otherwise...?

I know, and that's part of the problem.

His real economic plan IS a trickle down plan. Economists will define it as such, and most republicans will defend it as such.

I'm not sure why you are believing otherwise?

One of the most iconic US Skyscrapers built in the last 30 years bears his name

Trump-International-Hotel-and-Tower-Chicago-Illinois-May-2009-003a.jpg

Actually, it's a joke in the architectural community. It's nothing but a phallic symbol. It's only goal was height for heights sake.

It was also built by illegal means that Trump is railing against. There's a reason that picture isn't showing up in his political ads. Ask yourself why?

Not to defend Trump, but I'm not sure if it matters what the architecture community says, if the public isn't really aware. I'd say it's 'iconic' in some petty light. So is that big ugly sliver building in midtown Manhattan. People know it, but it doesn't have a reputation like say... Empire, 1WTC, Sears/Willis, Chrysler, Transamerica, etc. it's just a big building. Nobody "identifies" it nationally or globally like other buildings.

Not to defend Trump, but I'm not sure if it matters what the architecture community says, if the public isn't really aware. I'd say it's 'iconic' in some petty light. So is that big ugly sliver building in midtown Manhattan. People know it, but it doesn't have a reputation like say... Empire, 1WTC, Sears/Willis, Chrysler, Transamerica, etc. it's just a big building. Nobody "identifies" it nationally or globally like other buildings.

My point is history will forget it. After the new and shiny wears off it has nothing to remember. There's nothing innovative, green, or progressive in anyway about this building. It was about ego.

He flat out said Obama is the founder, and Clinton Cofounder.

You could make the argument that our policies helped form ISIS (going as far back as Colin Powell mentioning Baghdadi and giving him cred)......but that's not what Trump replied. He said FOUNDER.

It's insane. Even when presented with a topic he could clearly make a great point, he goes full retard

An expert pundit on Fox News said that Trump is exactly right. :lol:

My point is history will forget it. After the new and shiny wears off it has nothing to remember. There's nothing innovative, green, or progressive in anyway about this building. It was about ego.

I suppose I'm partially agreeing with you here. My main point is just that "iconic" transcends the professional opinion, but it's not really all that iconic. It's what you're saying... just a tall building.

Fox is the only one reporting on Trump with a Republican bias, of course it does try to shed a good light on him, but I've watched CNN which is supposed to be objective, and they are in attack mode against Trump.

I would be against Trump if I watched the mainstream media solely. They are out to discredit him....I don't blame him for fighting against them.

Gotta also watch interviews that get into a better depth of what Trump stands for. Better to judge then. He speaks rationally on many topics.

A tall building that he didn't build. Because he hasn't built anything for real in over twenty years, right? He just licenses his name out to be put on buildings that other people build, in exchange for a fee.

Fox is the only one reporting on Trump with a Republican bias, of course it does try to shed a good light on him, but I've watched CNN which is supposed to be objective, and they are in attack mode against Trump.

I would be against Trump if I watched the mainstream media solely. They are out to discredit him....I don't blame him for fighting against them.

Gotta also watch interviews that get into a better depth of what Trump stands for. Better to judge then. He speaks rationally on many topics.

Fox News, like CNN and MSNBC, is part of pretty much every basic cable package in the country. Let's not pretend it's not part of the mainstream just because it's conservative.

Please show me an example because I've yet to see one and I have watched debates and interviews.

A tall building that he didn't build. Because he hasn't built anything for real in over twenty years, right? He just licenses his name out to be put on buildings that other people build, in exchange for a fee.

This one is actually one of the buildings developed by The Trump Organization.

I wish we had a candidate running against Clinton that would allow us actual, real discussions about the Clinton Foundation, her foreign policy, and her connections to Wall Street. I really do.

Instead, we got a Republican.

Now I've read it all. The Kool Aid is strong with this one.

I think if Trump were to hold less press conferences, do less interviews, the polls would be much closer than they are.

Hillary is playing it smart. She only talks policy, doesn't really bite on the Trump comments, and for the most part just stays out of the public eye. She's largely ignoring the bad press that comes out weekly against her (right or wrong).

But Trump just can't help himself.

Hillary is playing it smart. She only talks policy, doesn't really bite on the Trump comments, and for the most part just stays out of the public eye. She's largely ignoring the bad press that comes out weekly against her (right or wrong).

no she's having daily strokes and the LAMESTREAM LIEBTARD MEDIA $$$HILL$$$ are covering it up and she doesnt want the REAL PATRIOTS to find out so she isnt making public appearances cuz then if she doesnt win satan cannot conquer AMERICA!!1!1! dae benghazi guyz?/???

It's an unwritten rule in politics. When your opponent is shooting himself in the foot, you stay out of the way. As you observe, Hillary knows that. Trump doesn't. She can ignore the bad press against her as it's being overshadowed by Trump's outrageous remarks. No need to draw attention to the bad press, even by refuting it.

Calling out a candidate when they lie is not the same as discrediting them. It's solely Trump's fault that he lies and I hope the media calls him out for it. The notion that we should treat both sides equally when one side lies constantly is not true objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom