US Presidential Election XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
56ac3200c5cbb.image.jpg

Funny, I have always said the Hilary supporters have drunk the Koolaid (a reference to the Jonestown mass suicide, right?). I voted Sanders, if you must know. :)

So you voted for Sanders, but now supporting Trump?

What do you see policy wise as their common ground?

None whatsoever. Sanders was not Hillary and Trump promises success, Hilary promises higher taxes.

He was a little more calm and lacked his normal blusterous tone, but rational he was not.

Talking about how he's going to be awesome at wars and he should have gone on strike at the debates??? WTF

Well, he makes sense to me.:wink:

None whatsoever. Sanders was not Hillary and Trump promises success, Hilary promises higher taxes.

Um, you don't think Sanders was promising higher taxes?

They all promise success. Don't ever vote based on promises.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sanders and Trump both talk about corruption in political funding. Set aside whether you believe Trump means it.

They're both anti-free trade.

It's reasonable to think electing either of them would throw a wrench in the system.

Both pay lip service to isolationist ideas.

In the ways that matter to me, I think Sanders is obviously closer to Clinton than Trump. But I suppose I could see how someone could try to make the case.

Sanders and Trump both talk about corruption in political funding. Set aside whether you believe Trump means it.

They're both anti-free trade.

It's reasonable to think electing either of them would throw a wrench in the system.

Both pay lip service to isolationist ideas.

In the ways that matter to me, I think Sanders is obviously closer to Clinton than Trump. But I suppose I could see how someone could try to make the case.

I don't believe for one second Trump's talk on corruption, it's how he got where he is, or his isolationism because he talks about all these wars he's going to kick ass in.

Trump promises success

:lol:

:|

Well, hell, now I'll vote for him if he's promising success. I can overlook all the idiocy, the death threats, the lies, making fun of disabled people, wanting to put Americans on registries, not allowing the French into the country, calling women fat pigs, saying he needs to do more "research" into the KKK before returning their contributions, telling his followers to beat up those they disagree with, saying (Many times) the president literally founded ISIS, telling Californians there is no drought.

What the hell. That all sounds like success to me!

(Off topic)

Martha - I swear for the longest time I thought your were on a jet-ski in your avatar. The surface behind you looks like a wake on water. I finally just looked at it closely and realized I was way off. Looks like you are having fun

Here's a stat:

Since the end of the primaries, this is what each candidate has spent on TV adverts

Clinton: 42 million
Trump: 0

Zero

Is he saving it up to buy an entire weeks worth of ads on a network?

It really seems like this is a joke

Throwing a wrench into a system isn't as good an idea as you might think. Try it sometime. Start up your car, and then take a wrench and insert it into, oh, say, the transmission.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

For clarity's sake, I feel the need to point out that I'm neither a Sanders nor Trump supporter. I don't really think a wrench is a great idea either.

Here's a stat:

Since the end of the primaries, this is what each candidate has spent on TV adverts

Zero

He hasn't needed them. The one thing he can do well is manipulate the media and get free press.

He's buying a shit ton of Internet ads though, shows up on my Pandora daily.

He hasn't needed them. The one thing he can do well is manipulate the media and get free press.

He's buying a shit ton of Internet ads though, shows up on my Pandora daily.

Watching TV in in Northeast PA the Pro-Trump SuperPAC ads outnumber hers by a 3 to 1 margin

In many ways it's really unfortunate that Hillary is the Democratic candidate this year because my assumption is that Trump will massively flame out and bring everyone down with him (Senate control up for grabs, GOP in Congress will also lose seats though their control there is pretty ironclad at this point). A better Dem candidate + Senate control + weakly controlled GOP Conress + GOP in total disarray could have resulted in some really positive policies being put into action. Hillary will likely be steady and play it safe even if/when she does not need to.

Watching TV in in Northeast PA the Pro-Trump SuperPAC ads outnumber hers by a 3 to 1 margin

I'm in Mexico right now but we're getting a television feed from Jacksonville, Florida. I see a Hillary ad at least once every break, I've seen zero Trump ads.

Here's a stat:

Zero

He gets all of his press by calling for the assassination of his opponent.

if only the democrats had nominated bernie, after all he was the only one who polls showed beating trump. alas, bmp, we should have listened.

I don't think Bernie handles the amount of shit that would be thrown his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom