US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for Trump to tell our friends, allies, enemies, trade partners, et al how he feels. Won't that be great for diplomatic relations?

Can't wait for heavy sanctions on the US in return. :happy: More realistically though, it wouldn't surprise me that in the event he got the presidency, his mouth would eventually get him banned from half of the countries on the planet.

I find Trump interesting because he's not playing by the 'rules'. If somebody insults him, he gives out their phone number (Ramos - Graham).

I see too much respect given to him for this. It's one thing to admire someone who doesn't play by the rules for principal, it's another thing to admire an asshole because he plays like a child. The phone thing is just a child who lacks basic decorum. The thing about Jeb's wife was just flat out racist. And the McCain comment was just him being a disrespectful asshole, and we know that every single Trump supporter would go on a full attack if Obama said anything even close to that, it makes them hypocritical assholes as well. There's nothing interesting or admirable about this man, period.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I really hope the next 18 months are not just an endless succession of Trump soundbites and consequent outrage. Is there some reason that every politician, media outlet, and blog feels it necessary to issue an official response to everything out of his mouth?

Its Official, John Kasich is running for President. He just gave a speech announcing his run. U2's Beautiful Day was played when he finished. He is the 16th Republican to officially declare. Has there ever been a Presidential Primary debate with 16 people?

Kasich is very popular in Ohio and the latest poll shows him beating Hillary by 7 points in Ohio. But would he have much pull outside of Ohio? Could he beat Hillary in Florida? He is a very good speaker and I think he could make it to the final rounds of the Republican primary contest.

He's not beating Hilary and neither is anyone else, including Bernie Sanders.

On Kasich, I actually think - IF - and its a big IF...he can get some traction enough to get into the debates, people are gonna be surprised by how well he does. He's a serious guy, articulate, and could attract a lot of the anti-Bush serious vote. Watch and see if O'Reilly helps him out a bit as he used to sub in for Bill-O years ago. If he does...I'm not suggesting he could be the nominee - I'm just saying...I think he could be surprising.

Simple answer is trump is more fun to talk about for average voter and media person. It's a long 18 months. It's boring. He's fun. Simple as that.

This is all good for democrats. Well all good for Clinton. If she can't win now...

I hope Trump gets the nomination (he won't) and continues to make a mockery of the two-party system. It's already a joke as it is, imagine how much more damage he could do to the image of the GOP if he represents it.

He'd be impeached in less than a year if he got elected, but I hope he gives the fringe what they want and leaves a path of destruction in his wake.

He's not beating Hilary and neither is anyone else, including Bernie Sanders.

On Kasich, I actually think - IF - and its a big IF...he can get some traction enough to get into the debates, people are gonna be surprised by how well he does. He's a serious guy, articulate, and could attract a lot of the anti-Bush serious vote. Watch and see if O'Reilly helps him out a bit as he used to sub in for Bill-O years ago. If he does...I'm not suggesting he could be the nominee - I'm just saying...I think he could be surprising.

Well, he was beating Hillary in a poll of voters in Ohio by a margin of 7 points.

In new polling news, for the very first time, Hillary is losing in multiple key swing states to several Republican candidates done by Quinnipiac:

Colorado: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 41, Clinton 36 Bush +5 Colorado: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 47, Clinton 38 Walker +9 Colorado: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 46, Clinton 38 Rubio +8 Virginia: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 39 Bush +3 Virginia: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 43, Clinton 40 Walker +3 Virginia: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 43, Clinton 41 Rubio +2 Iowa: Bush vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Bush 42, Clinton 36 Bush +6 Iowa: Walker vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Walker 45, Clinton 37 Walker +8 Iowa: Rubio vs. Clinton Quinnipiac Rubio 44, Clinton 36 Rubio +8

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 Presidential Polls

I was just about to post the Quinnipiac poll, but this is very damaging to the Clinton brand. Her name recognition has buoyed her through the rollout of Clinton Cash. Now she is down against GOPers who don't have national recognition yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see draft Biden and Warren swing into high gear. The Clintons and Obama camps have animosity between them. If Obama were to give Biden a backroom blessing, with all the WH perks I wouldn't be surprised.

I was just about to post the Quinnipiac poll, but this is very damaging to the Clinton brand. Her name recognition has buoyed her through the rollout of Clinton Cash. Now she is down against GOPers who don't have national recognition yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see draft Biden and Warren swing into high gear. The Clintons and Obama camps have animosity between them. If Obama were to give Biden a backroom blessing, with all the WH perks I wouldn't be surprised.

This means nothing for the Clinton brand. First of this is very early and these polls mean very little at this stage. Secondly Quinnipiac is a phone only poll which in this day and age makes this poll even more meaningless. Thirdly, at this stage you're putting 1 up against 16, Dems are not going to stay on line and do these polls, for the most part they already know their candidate.

to add to what BVS :)huh:...) said, at this point 4 years ago i believe Obama was supposedly losing to an unnamed (not-Romney) republican. And of the "named" republicans, Romney was not the conservative favorite. Not even close. By the time the GOP shit-fest was over, Romney emerged as damaged goods after a long and brutal primary process. And many conservatives didn't even bother to vote for him in the general election because he was never their guy.

I realize the GOP has streamlined the process a bit this time around, however, with 16 candidates in the mix it's going to be ugly. Especially when one of them is Donald Trump. None of these guys will emerge without major bruises or scrapes. And we haven't even gotten close to the GOP War on social issues yet - just wait for that - because with guys like Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, etc....yeah it's coming! :corn:

By January this will be a race between Rubio, Walker, Kasich, Ted Cruz and possibly Chris Christie imo.
I think for VP selections, Ben Carson would be a very solid choice. He's a bit of an outsider (non-politician), conservative and black. All 3 of which would be benefits to any republican campaign.
Morons like Huckabee, Fiorina, etc need to drop out of the race asap. They're just a waste of time, money, and space.

You call Huckabee a moron (which he is)... but you think Carson, a sex offender, is a solid VP choice?

Excuse me but... you might be the moron.

You call Huckabee a moron (which he is)... but you think Carson, a sex offender, is a solid VP choice?

Excuse me but... you might be the moron.

I believe you mean Herman Cain....please enlighten me on Ben Carson being a sex offender....

By January this will be a race between Rubio, Walker, Kasich, Ted Cruz and possibly Chris Christie imo.
I think for VP selections, Ben Carson would be a very solid choice. He's a bit of an outsider (non-politician), conservative and black. All 3 of which would be benefits to any republican campaign.
Morons like Huckabee, Fiorina, etc need to drop out of the race asap. They're just a waste of time, money, and space.

Ben Carson is another Palin. A conservative that may have the exterior you want to appeal but doesn't have the ability to hold the conversation. He's smart but not intelligent and he won't be able to handle the questions asked of him.

Ben Carson is another Palin. A conservative that may have the exterior you want to appeal but doesn't have the ability to hold the conversation. He's smart but not intelligent and he won't be able to handle the questions asked of him.

I don't think he's another Palin because he knows how to conduct himself in a professional manor and isn't as much of a buffoon, nor a clueless radical. It'd be a risk for a VP candidate, but it could pay off well. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up in the debates. He's a very smart guy and I will be very intrigued to see how we would handle the pressure.
It's really quite sad that Palin has shamed and embarassed many members of the original Tea Party. She made the Tea Party movement into a campground for her to boost her political image. It attracted all of the nuts and poorly informed conservatives to take front and center and pollute the movement. Ben Carson is simply not another Sarah Palin because Palin has no likeability and is completely unprofessional.

I don't think he's another Palin because he knows how to conduct himself in a professional manor and isn't as much of a buffoon, nor a clueless radical. It'd be a risk for a VP candidate, but it could pay off well. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up in the debates. He's a very smart guy and I will be very intrigued to see how we would handle the pressure.
It's really quite sad that Palin has shamed and embarassed many members of the original Tea Party. She made the Tea Party movement into a campground for her to boost her political image. It attracted all of the nuts and poorly informed conservatives to take front and center and pollute the movement. Ben Carson is simply not another Sarah Palin because Palin has no likeability and is completely unprofessional.

The Tea Party started out and was already a poorly informed and nut filled faction. They formed after Palin ran and they embraced Palin as their queen. Some history checking might be in your future this weekend.

The Tea Party started out and was already a poorly informed and nut filled faction. They formed after Palin ran and they embraced Palin as their queen. Some history checking might be in your future this weekend.

I'm talking about Ron Paul era Tea Party. Where they actually stood for something. Not the Tea Party that was recreated in 2008/2009 by Palin, Santelli, etc.

I'm talking about Ron Paul era Tea Party. Where they actually stood for something. Not the Tea Party that was recreated in 2008/2009 by Palin, Santelli, etc.

Well in that case you should do some further homework. That incarnation was actually started by the Koch bros(yes I know, but they actually claim this one, under their name CSE) and was started to help lobby for tobacco and help gain support to deny the link between cigarettes and cancer(ask iron horse about this). Paul was named the first chairman.

Can I just say every single person in every other Western country in the developed world is sitting here shaking their heads that this Trump shit is actually a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom