US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Hewlett Packard is a private company, not a government jobs program. Every business, big or small, sometimes needs to lay off people in order for the business to survive.

It was 30,000 and it was her decisions that lead to the needing to layoff in order to survive. It's significant because she's running on her "knowledge of the economy" and her "business skills".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It was 30,000 and it was her decisions that lead to the needing to layoff in order to survive. It's significant because she's running on her "knowledge of the economy" and her "business skills".

So is it her "Benghazi"?

Carly Fiorina - Horrible Bosses: The Worst Tech CEOs Of All Time | Complex

Let's not forget that those layoffs were so she could outsource this jobs. And let's also not forget that she made her soon-to-be fired employees train the people who got their jobs.

As much as I hate to say it, I have to be in the forum minority on this issue I think.

Globalization is a bitch, and that ship has sailed (no pun intended). We'd be better off accepting and adapting to the future, IMO than trying to fight it. The invention of high-speed overseas travel and instant global communications really made it inevitable. We can't have one without the other. A locally-focused economy existing in a world of global communications and logistics would be so horrendously inefficient that we would be screaming for the situation to be as it is now.

Yes, it's not ideal, but it's happening whether we like it or not, and the sooner we take measures to adapt to the new way the world works, the less painful it will be.

The second part of that post is just insane, though. There's no justification for that.

well, this is a strange presidential election cycle,

for the GOP I have always presumed Jeb Bush wold be the likely candidate, just like I saw Romney being likely for the 2012 candidate
the opposition to Jeb and his slip ups this early are much worse than anything Romney was experiencing at this stage of the game. With all that said, I'd say Scott Walker has the slight edge.

and I think Scott Walker could give Hillary a tougher race than Jeb Bush.

well, this is a strange presidential election cycle,

for the GOP I have always presumed Jeb Bush wold be the likely candidate, just like I saw Romney being likely for the 2012 candidate
the opposition to Jeb and his slip ups this early are much worse than anything Romney was experiencing at this stage of the game. With all that said, I'd say Scott Walker has the slight edge.

and I think Scott Walker could give Hillary a tougher race than Jeb Bush.

The only people in the Republican field that have any chance of defeating Hillary are Jeb and Rubio because they are the only ones that can defeat Hillary in Florida. Remember, all the Democrats need in 2016 to win in the electoral college is their Blue Wall + Florida. Just those 19 states get them to 270. If the Republicans pick anyone other than Jeb and Rubio, the race is will be over!

I'm still not convinced Hillary Clinton is a shoe in for the nomination.

-She has so much baggage and dirty laundry.

-She has a habit of avoiding serious questions.

-She is not the campaign speaker her husband was.

-I don't think she would do well in a debate with a tough opponent.

-I don't think America wants another Bush or Clinton.

Elizabeth Warren, if she entered the race, would get ahead of her fast.

The Republicans I like: Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Paul.

keep in mind, Hillary almost beat Barack Obama who went on to crush the GOP in two elections, despite having inherited the worst economy since the great recession.

i think Mrs. Clinton knows a thing or two about running a campaign, and there is no one in either field with more experience. she's also crushing everyone in the polls, so why would she do anything other than run a highly stage managed campaign for as long as she can and risk making mistakes -- look at what happened to Jeb today with the teenager who schooled him on the rise of ISIS. deadly.

taking the temperature of the right wing blogs i frequent, it seems that there's cautiously growing enthusiasm for Rubio. and i can see why. he is handsome, he is from a critical state, he does seem a quick study, he is "new" and "fresh," and he offers some level of diversity in a party that knows it's sitting on a demographic time bomb. their hope is that he becomes the right wing equivalent of Obama 2008.

i think Jeb is DOA. i don't think he really wants to do this.

Makes you pine for the days of McCain and Romney.

remember: McCain felt that this grifter was qualified to be president.

120912_sarah_palin_ap_605.jpg

remember when people in here were urging McCain to pick her to be his VP? that was hilarious! they were all, "McCain could win if he were to pick Palin!"

McCain put an actual crazy person a 72-year old cancer survivor's heartbeat away from the presidency.

never forget.

They were horrible candidates, no doubt, and yet they're still better than this dreck.

Damn...you are right. The current clown car is by far the worst. While McCain opened pandora's box with Palin, at least as a candidate he was a long running member of the senate and a member of the senate armed service committee. Romney, despite his faults, was an accomplished businessman and former governor.

Fast forward to now, Walker hates unions and his soul is owned by the Koch brothers, Rubio lacks real world experience, Cruz hates gays, Mexicans, and the US Govt., Jeb doesn't know where he stands on the Iraq war, Santorum hates gays, sinners, and did i mention gays? Christie hates skinny people, Carson doesn't like blacks (ironically), Jindal hates Louisiana, Perry is from Texas, Rand Paul doesn't know his hole from an ass in the ground, Mike Huckabee thinks Sarah Palin would have been a great President, Fiorina is a worse businessperson than GWB, Lindsey Graham is a South Carolinian with two last names, and Donald Trump is...well...Donald Trump.

They're all excessively awful. There is little point in trying to differentiate who is worse or better than who.

Damn...you are right. The current clown car is by far the worst. While McCain opened pandora's box with Palin, at least as a candidate he was a long running member of the senate and a member of the senate armed service committee. Romney, despite his faults, was an accomplished businessman and former governor.

Fast forward to now, Walker hates unions and his soul is owned by the Koch brothers, Rubio lacks real world experience, Cruz hates gays, Mexicans, and the US Govt., Jeb doesn't know where he stands on the Iraq war, Santorum hates gays, sinners, and did i mention gays? Christie hates skinny people, Carson doesn't like blacks (ironically), Jindal hates Louisiana, Perry is from Texas, Rand Paul doesn't know his hole from an ass in the ground, Mike Huckabee thinks Sarah Palin would have been a great President, Fiorina is a worse businessperson than GWB, Lindsey Graham is a South Carolinian with two last names, and Donald Trump is...well...Donald Trump.

Sadly, I don't even think you scathed the surface on what's wrong with Galileo Cruz.

Also, Anderson Cooper I figure has some relationship to the Carolinas. And also has two last names.

I don't see the point of comparing obvious losers. Such as Ted Cruz. Or Rand Paul. These guys aren't serious candidates. They're just the first candidates.

There is a difference. I know the difference is negligible elsewhere but it means something here.

There's definitely the difference when it comes to certain social issues. I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom