US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire birther movement qualifies as racist. Hmm, I wonder why they don't believe Obama is a "real American." There's something different about Obama that sets him apart from the other 43 presidents we've had. I just can't put my finger on it.

Their were birthers before the election and before the TEA party formation. Once Alex Jones gets a hold of it 10% of the population will start questioning it.

There were many conservatives who were unhappy with the Government spending under Bush. They became aware and furious with TARP. The true seedlings of the Tea Party began with Rick Santelli's rant on the floor of the Chicago Merc Exchange about mortgage bailouts. The emergency stimulus and Auto bailouts added to the frustration of the newly formed Tea party.

Yet the first rallies were a few months into Obama's administration before any new taxes or any real Obama action yet the rallies were attacks on Obama filled with ignorant bigoted picket signs and race baiting from the politicians involved. There's at least one thread in here documenting it very well, if you'd like to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The entire birther movement qualifies as racist. Hmm, I wonder why they don't believe Obama is a "real American." There's something different about Obama that sets him apart from the other 43 presidents we've had. I just can't put my finger on it.

Yes. Of course those same birthers are now full of excuses as to why Comrade Cruz is not only qualified to be POTUS, but he loves His 'MERICA, unlike the black guy who is currently POTUS.

There were many conservatives who were unhappy with the Government spending under Bush. They became aware and furious with TARP. The true seedlings of the Tea Party began with Rick Santelli's rant on the floor of the Chicago Merc Exchange about mortgage bailouts. The emergency stimulus and Auto bailouts added to the frustration of the newly formed Tea party.

Yes of course, they just kept quiet about their unhappiness until Obama got elected.

There was no need for these people to form a new party. None.

What about Rick Santorum? No comment on his slip? :silent:

Guess what, he doesn't like Gays either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrZtlnsBq_Y

I remember the media scouring the rallies for off-color signs and finding a few. Every group has a few bad apples. I think Establishment GOP has had their problems in the past as well as Blue Dogs. West Virginia kept sending Robert Byrd back to the Senate even though he was a KKK leader. Of course he dis-avowed the Klan. But would the media have been fair to GOP leader of the same past?

She's generally about as far left on economic issues as a mainstream US politician could ever be, at least one with a national platform. Generally, her and Bernie Sanders (an Independent from Vermont who votes with Democrats) are the two best voices the left has. They are both well respected within the party, and speak to the base. They advocate traditional American liberal policies that were modified/abandoned by Clinton "triangulation" and his move to the right after the 1994 midterms.

They'd be mainstream, centrist candidates in most Western European democracies.

They are also not nearly as far to the left as their counterparts on the right.

What's interesting, to me, is that it's economic populism that's the red meat for the Democratic base, whereas red meat for the GOP base is now social issues.

Thanks, I knew that Sanders described himself as a social democrat of sorts and I'm not surprised that Warren is thereabouts herself.

I'm waiting also.

Instead of discussing the dangers of big government or other real issues, we get cries of racism to destroy the voices of the opposition.

For YEARS you have been shown examples, each one you avoided. You have a history of quickly leaving the room when racism is brought when it's white on black, but you are quick to label black on white racism.

If you watch the video that Martha posted and you get to the actual footage from cpac, you'll see the guy in question is somewhat in agreeance with you. You once posted an article that spoke of how slavery wasn't that bad and how slaveowners treated their slaves "like family". He agrees and feels slaves should have been grateful for shelter and food.

But none of this is racism. The tea party just wants less government. :lmao:

The entire birther movement qualifies as racist.

Yes.

Also, HRC is attempting to be both a blue dog and a liberal, in the way that W Bush United the GOP because he had the blue blood country club name and Ivy League pedigree while also being able to speak Jesus.

HRC is repeating Warren talking points in income inequality while offering unqualified support for nationwide SSM -- this is her reassuring the base that she is on their side on the most important economic issue and social issue to them. Once she has a GOP opponent, her more hawkish side will come out, and so will other more conservative positions in an attempt to appeal to the independents who ultimately swing the election.

As it stands, I think she will win as big as Obama did in 2008, because as a white lady, she won't have to deal with racism. I honestly think her gender is less of an issue than Obama's race/foreignness was.

Though I thought Obama would get is beyond 1960s cultural grudges, and I was sure wrong there.

White men will still vote GOP.

Right now somebody who is extremely liberal and Anti-Zionist is sending checks to Obama's Organizing for America, because he likes the way Obama is cow-towing to 'Death to America' Iran

Right now somebody who is extremely liberal and Anti-Zionist is sending checks to Obama's Organizing for America, because he likes the way Obama is cow-towing to 'Death to America' Iran

And? Right now someone who votes Republican is also a member of the KKK.

If Terry was a distinguished panelist you'd have a point.

Terry is not an anomaly, in fact his views are very common on tea party websites, and even in here with our few tea party members. I see this shit almost weekly from tea party feeds and the Blaze. Although I have to give credit where credit is due. Beck once backed away slightly from the race innuendo. In fact he even said once that he thought racism was a factor if the tp ended up backing Romney because basically they would be hypocrites. But most of that credit is almost dead as of late, his site has become a huge racebaiting headline click site.

I'm waiting also.

Instead of discussing the dangers of big government or other real issues, we get cries of racism to destroy the voices of the opposition.

You are many things, but "waiting for a response" is not one of them and never has been.

Their were birthers before the election and before the TEA party formation. Once Alex Jones gets a hold of it 10% of the population will start questioning it.

They're still racists who happened to be conservatives. The Tea Party is not some new phenomena, it has its roots in the Christian Right movement which stretches back to before the Reagan administration. Most Tea Partiers were Christian conservatives who were silent until a black, liberal was elected president.

Terry is not an anomaly, in fact his views are very common on tea party websites, and even in here with our few tea party members. I see this shit almost weekly from tea party feeds and the Blaze.

Go to the comment section on WorldNetDaily if you want to see the beliefs of the people who support the Tea Party...and if you want to marvel at the stupidity of some people.

Yes Mrs. Clinton is doing well in current polling. But this article from The New York Times shows many of ethical landmines she'll have to navigate soon.

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation as Russians Pressed for Control of Uranium Company

And there will be 20 more 'scandals' like this and it literally will not matter.

1. A Democrat will win the White House. Period. One sober look at demographics, the electoral college and the GOP platform will tell you this. Besides all of that (it's enough)...the GOP's best candidate has the surname of Bush. Surely a real attraction to middle voters who decide swing states.

2. HRC will be the Democratic nominee. Period. She's polling so high, all the smart money is already with her. Any opposition is permanently on the outside looking in. Said another way...Obama announced his candidacy for President 21 months before the 2008 election. We are already almost 18 months away.

3. She will be the next President no matter how hard the media tries A) to get someone else to run on the Democratic side (if not because of ideology, conflict is the narrative that always sells) and B) to convince everyone of something they already believe w/r/t HRC.

4. Most of the 300 million people in America did not sleep through the supposed-Clinton-scandal-a-week 1990's. Everybody knows her. They believe what they believe about her. And she's still the strong favorite. And those that don't know her as well, younger people, are going to vote Democrat no matter what.

5. Obama rode a wave of excitement the likes of our generations have never seen and he coasted by a media too afraid to dig into him too much. And he still barely got past her.

The 2016 election, most likely, is already over with. It would be a HUGE upset if she doesn't win. In a word, it would be shocking. In most election cycles, it would be far too early to be so declarative. But this is entirely unique in our modern era. It would normally take a scandal or a viable challenger to doom her. And no challenger exists...and the more the GOP nitpicks a bunch of supposed scandalous crap nobody but FOX News viewers (never voting for HRC to begin with) cares about...the more numb everyone else grows to it.

Oh, and I almost forgot...she's going to get quite a bit of female votes, maybe even some moderate conservatives. So, yeah.

Your analysis was a good read.

3. She will be the next President no matter how hard the media tries A) to get someone else to run on the Democratic side (if not because of ideology, conflict is the narrative that always sells) and B) to convince everyone of something they already believe w/r/t HRC.

The Left wants her out. It's not Fox News, its the New York Times attacking her. Not to mention the Daily Beast. They want Warren bad. I want Warren to run, because I don't think she plays well to the audience outside the Liberal Cities and Academic Enclaves (Which that is not lost on Dem voters. may save Clinton for the nomination) The country is hungry for a non Clinton/Bush.

Read the articles that come out about the Uranium deal over the next few days and you'll see who has their knives out on the Left.

(It's fun to watch, I'm a political junkie)

And there will be 20 more 'scandals' like this and it literally will not matter.

1. A Democrat will win the White House. Period. One sober look at demographics, the electoral college and the GOP platform will tell you this. Besides all of that (it's enough)...the GOP's best candidate has the surname of Bush. Surely a real attraction to middle voters who decide swing states.

2. HRC will be the Democratic nominee. Period. She's polling so high, all the smart money is already with her. Any opposition is permanently on the outside looking in. Said another way...Obama announced his candidacy for President 21 months before the 2008 election. We are already almost 18 months away.

4. Most of the 300 million people in America did not sleep through the supposed-Clinton-scandal-a-week 1990's. Everybody knows her. They believe what they believe about her. And she's still the strong favorite. And those that don't know her as well, younger people, are going to vote Democrat no matter what.

5. Obama rode a wave of excitement the likes of our generations have never seen and he coasted by a media too afraid to dig into him too much. And he still barely got past her.

The 2016 election, most likely, is already over with. It would be a HUGE upset if she doesn't win. In a word, it would be shocking. In most election cycles, it would be far too early to be so declarative. But this is entirely unique in our modern era. It would normally take a scandal or a viable challenger to doom her. And no challenger exists...and the more the GOP nitpicks a bunch of supposed scandalous crap nobody but FOX News viewers (never voting for HRC to begin with) cares about...the more numb everyone else grows to it.

Oh, and I almost forgot...she's going to get quite a bit of female votes, maybe even some moderate conservatives. So, yeah.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom