US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #981
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Seems like you are reading into what I am saying and making assumptions about me that are way off the mark.
Mr. Pot have you met Mr. Kettle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
You're sarcastic and probably not too sharp.

In the last page you've insulted two of the more intelligent and informed posters in this forum. Two individuals that you could learn a lot from, in both knowledge and decorum. You may want to consider slowing down.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #982
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Donald Trump Promises To Sever Someone's Head If That's What It Takes
I promised that as well - in fact i delivered - and it didn't really get me to the promised land

What's Trump got that i don't?
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #983
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Clearly twochords is a whole hell of a lot smarter than we all are. Martha should knock off the sarcasm and pay attention to the brains of the operation here.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #984
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Don't care. She was not polite to me. And half the reason you are siding with her is that she has a history here that I don't have. Don't care about popularity contests either.

It's also a tactic to change subjects and concentrate on being butthurt when the debate is not going so well - I see it with wingnuts all the time.
twochordcool is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #985
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:04 PM
US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Don't care. She was not polite to me. And half the reason you are siding with her is that she has a history here that I don't have. Don't care about popularity contests either.

It's also a tactic to change subjects and concentrate on being butthurt when the debate is not going so well - I see it with wingnuts all the time.

No. Once again you are reading the situation incorrectly. There is no "siding", you personally insulted someone.

How many times have you changed the subject and/ or avoided direct questions?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #986
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Don't care. She was not polite to me. And half the reason you are siding with her is that she has a history here that I don't have. Don't care about popularity contests either.

It's also a tactic to change subjects and concentrate on being butthurt when the debate is not going so well - I see it with wingnuts all the time.
I have a question for you. Bernie will be 74 years of age in just over a month. The job he is running for is probably one of the most stressful jobs there is. Does his age bother you at all? Obviously we don't know his medical history, or that of his family, but he certainly looks his age. Every one of his predecessors looks quite different after having served one or two terms in office. Like them or not, you have to kind of respect the toll it takes on a human being.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #987
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
No Bernie's age doesn't bother me. Have you heard him speak recently? He has the energy of a person much younger. If he could even get elected for one term, just to get Americans to view things differently, that might be enough to get us to pivot, to change course and go in a better direction. He is not only running for president, he is clearly explaining to the American people that that won't be enough, that they need to elect a Congress that views our problems and their solutions in a similar manner and will work with him.
twochordcool is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #988
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 07:04 PM
I'm sure he is a great guy and all, but i'd rather not send him to an early grave just to satisfy a movement, who will likely be disappointed anyway. Most people say things to get elected, once in office, they see the deep secrets of how things really work, and they don't get to do all of the wonderful stuff they promised.

Obama has come the closest in my lifetime, and yet there are many here who will tell you he fell way short in several areas.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #989
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Ronald Reagan was crazy to begin with but he was definitely suffering from dementia in his second term. I don't see Bernie Sanders starting out as bad as he was or finishing the way he did. Bernie Sanders deserves to be heard, deserves to be taken seriously, and I believe a 4 year term would really help this country find it's soul again. We are rudderless, and Republicans are big gaping torpedo holes.
twochordcool is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #990
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I'm sure he is a great guy and all, but i'd rather not send him to an early grave just to satisfy a movement, who will likely be disappointed anyway. Most people say things to get elected, once in office, they see the deep secrets of how things really work, and they don't get to do all of the wonderful stuff they promised.

Obama has come the closest in my lifetime, and yet there are many here who will tell you he fell way short in several areas.
But Obama is no Sanders. I thought his rhetoric was quite liberal when he ran for office, but I know progressives who insist that if you listened closely Obama was never a progressive, never had any intentions of being very progressive.

Bernie is RUNNING to be president. He WANTS to be president. OF COURSE Bernie won't be able to do half of what he wants, but I'd rather elect someone that has grand intentions than someone that is pretending to be something she is not just to wear the crown and sit on the throne.
twochordcool is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #991
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
You're sarcastic and probably not too sharp.
You're one for two here. I am sarcastic, but I'm also fairly sharp.

Your enthusiasm is great, but your naivete is really grating. What you're saying, in a very repetitive and cliched way, is nothing new or groundbreaking, and your assumption that we're all completely brainwashed is annoying.


Try a less patronizing tone, or at least be specific when you try to state the facts as you see them.
martha is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #992
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,673
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Left leaning media doesn't use scare tactics to convince people of their cause?

Someone bad mouthed Martha?

What has this thread come to?!
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 07-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #993
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Don't care. She was not polite to me. And half the reason you are siding with her is that she has a history here that I don't have. Don't care about popularity contests either.

It's also a tactic to change subjects and concentrate on being butthurt when the debate is not going so well - I see it with wingnuts all the time.

I've seen popularity contests around here once and a while. This isn't one of them, you're kinda just being a wee bit mean.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove? In two sentences, what is your point with all of this?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #994
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Man, I missed the butthurt comment.

Gold, Jerry, gold.
martha is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #995
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Forget it, you're right. Bernie is a long shot. Let's play it ultra safe and vote for Hillary. We can have a baked earth, maybe the first trillionaire, and half of our college graduates can pay back their $50,000 of student debt on one of those $15 an hour McDonalds jobs before the shareholders decide to invest in more automation. We can get meat from Vietnam, doesn't have to be labeled. GMO everything. And plenty of other good stuff.
twochordcool is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #996
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Right, because that's exactly what all of us are arguing for.

Try being a little less dismissive, please.
Diemen is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #997
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Forget it, you're right. Bernie is a long shot. Let's play it ultra safe and vote for Hillary. We can have a baked earth, maybe the first trillionaire, and half of our college graduates can pay back their $50,000 of student debt on one of those $15 an hour McDonalds jobs before the shareholders decide to invest in more automation. We can get meat from Vietnam, doesn't have to be labeled. GMO everything. And plenty of other good stuff.


Yes, because it's one or the other.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #998
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 12:04 AM
This thread has been awesome.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #999
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,084
Local Time: 06:04 PM
I've noticed that in political conversations, being mean and disrespectful to the people you're debating tends to really keep the conversation flowing in a productive manner.
mikal is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #1000
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Local Time: 12:04 AM
do not post private messages publicly, this is against the rules.

It's all I really need to know. One track mind thinking and a playground that already has it's favorite children.

I'm out, I'll be back to rub noses in it if Bernie pulls it off!
__________________

twochordcool is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×