US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2015, 01:15 AM   #581
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,669
Local Time: 07:31 AM
It's depressing that, though the majority of us identify most closely with the Green party, we would be throwing our vote in the garbage if we tried to support their candidates.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #582
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's depressing that, though the majority of us identify most closely with the Green party, we would be throwing our vote in the garbage if we tried to support their candidates.

Same problem for Libertarians.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 04:04 AM   #583
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's depressing that, though the majority of us identify most closely with the Green party, we would be throwing our vote in the garbage if we tried to support their candidates.

But I feel like if everyone of us who affiliate with the Green Party the most actually voted for Green Party, it really wouldn't be throwing our vote away. I feel like there's a lot more of us than we realize who would rather vote based on our values instead of confining ourselves to tweedledumb or tweedledumber. The Dems & Reps have done a fine job of convincing us to be too afraid to steer from them be cause we would "split the vote and the opposing party win."

Jill Stein managed to get on the ballot for...I think it was 38 states? There's still a lot of work to be done, but that's a pretty big deal.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
unico is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #584
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,351
Local Time: 09:31 AM
A lot of states have adopted a Top-Two system where there's an open primary for, say, a US House seat and only the top two vote-getters advance to the general election. Even the Republican and Democratic parties hate this system as they don't get to properly vet their own candidates and can even be shut out completely in certain races (usually on the state level).

Basically, big money was pushing it since they can just fund their one guy in both the primary and the general rather than waste money in the primary on someone that fails to win their party's nomination. The dumbest part about all of this is that people in California, for example, actually voted for this nonsense. Not sure why on earth anybody would think limiting the amount of candidates to simply two would lead to more choice as the proponents claimed.

Bill Clinton in 2008 actually said the Presidential election should be a nationwide open primary where only the top-two advance to the general. Obviously, his reasoning is that the Democrats would have all voted for Hillary out of fear and name recognition.

Anyway, so you can't even vote third party in many states at this point. Occasionally, you'll get lucky in a liberal area like where I live and you can vote for Peace & Freedom instead of a Democrat when there's no Republican that makes it to the Top Two, but most of the time I just don't even vote for actual candidates any more because of this nonsense. And yes, in many districts, you end up with a general election of a Democrat vs. another Democrat and so forth. So much for choice.
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #585
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Wow i guess im kind of all over the place...

I side with Democrats on most political issues
Parties you side with...

86%
Democrats
on domestic policy, social, economic, immigration, and environmental issues.
compare answers

75%
Constitution Party
on economic, foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues.
compare answers

74%
Green Party
on social, immigration, environmental, and education issues.
compare answers

73%
Republicans
on foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues.
compare answers

71%
Libertarians
on social, domestic policy, and healthcare issues.
compare answers

71%
Socialist
on social, immigration, environmental, and education issues.

Parties you side with by issue...
Social

I side with Libertarians on most social issues

& now for the really scary part:


I side with Marco Rubio on most 2016 Presidential Election issues
Candidates you side with...

74%
Marco Rubio Republican

on domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues.


71%
Hillary Clinton Democrat
on domestic policy and foreign policy issues.


69%
Jeb Bush Republican
on foreign policy, immigration, and healthcare issues.

65%
Bernie Sanders Democrat
on environmental and education issues.


60%
Rand Paul Republican
on healthcare issues.


56%
Scott Walker Republican
on healthcare issues.

54%
Carly Fiorina Republican
on foreign policy and healthcare issues.


53%
Ted Cruz Republican
on foreign policy issues.


43%
Ben Carson Republican
on healthcare issues.


Candidates you side with by issue...


Social
I side with Hillary Clinton on most social issues


Foreign Policy
I side with Hillary Clinton on most foreign policy issues


the Economy
I side with Rick Santorum on most economic issues


Healthcare
I side with Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush, and Rick Santorum on most healthcare issues


the Environment
I side with Bernie Sanders on most environmental issues


Immigration
I side with Jeb Bush on most immigration issues


Domestic Policy
I side with Hillary Clinton on most domestic policy issues


Education
I side with Bernie Sanders on most education issues



Foreign Policy
I side with Republicans on most foreign policy issues


the Economy
I side with Constitution Party on most economic issues


Healthcare
I side with Libertarians on most healthcare issues


the Environment
I side with Democrats and Green Party on most environmental issues


Immigration
I side with Democrats on most immigration issues


Domestic Policy
I side with Democrats on most domestic policy issues


Education
I side with Socialist and Green Party on most education issues


Your ideology...
Centrist
Your political beliefs would be considered Centrist on an ideological scale.


Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #586
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Wow, Mrs. Garrison
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #587
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,688
Local Time: 10:31 AM
And I thought mine was all over the place.
prbiker15 is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #588
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 310
Local Time: 10:31 AM
Democrats 84%
Green Party 77%
Socialist 74%
Republicans 71%
Constitution 69%
Libertarians 27%
wolf is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #589
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Wow, Mrs. Garrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
And I thought mine was all over the place.
I know

Funny that before i thought Rubio was the only one of the (R)'s that i could sort of be interested in, even though there is still no chance in hell i would vote for him or any (R) this time around.

When i saw his speech at the 2012 convention i was impressed and wondered why the heck Romney didn't choose him for VP.

That i would agree or side with Ted Cruz or Ass Juice on anything is what really frightens me.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #590
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
When i saw his speech at the 2012 convention i was impressed and wondered why the heck Romney didn't choose him for VP.
I thought the same thing.

Many pundits have said that a lot of Conservative voters stayed home in 2012 because Romney was too much in the moderate wing of the party. I always dismissed that as a myth, thinking a conservative would suck it up, to knock out Obama . . . until I actually met a guy a BBQ this weekend that did exactly that.

The whole 2012 primary season was about finding an Anti-Romney. Perry fizzled, Cain was in the lead for a while, Newt was it for a few weeks, and then Ass Juice.

Speaking of Cain. I still find this one of the most hilarious/genius/bizzare political ads of all-time. The music, the cigarette smoking Chief of Staff, and the 'wait for it' smile.

Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #591
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 07:31 AM
Democrats 97%
Green Party 94%
Socialist 89%
Libertarians 41%
Republicans 9%

Only the 9% should be a surprise to anyone in FYM.
martha is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #592
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I thought the same thing.

Many pundits have said that a lot of Conservative voters stayed home in 2012 because Romney was too much in the moderate wing of the party. I always dismissed that as a myth, thinking a conservative would suck it up, to knock out Obama . . . until I actually met a guy a BBQ this weekend that did exactly that.

The whole 2012 primary season was about finding an Anti-Romney. Perry fizzled, Cain was in the lead for a while, Newt was it for a few weeks, and then Ass Juice.

Speaking of Cain. I still find this one of the most hilarious/genius/bizzare political ads of all-time. The music, the cigarette smoking Chief of Staff, and the 'wait for it' smile.

I'm not sure what they were trying to do with that ad.

As for the anti-Romney's, you forget Bachmann, and also many conservatives desperately wanted Palin to throw her hat in the ring as well. Not sure why....but that's a different topic. But yeah, not only was Romney too moderate but also he wasn't a christian. Therefore supposedly 2 or 4 million conservatives stayed home (i cant remember the exact report). I find that odd since it was the conservatives who kept talking about how Obama was supposedly "destroying our once great republic" and all the other nonsense.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #593
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I'm not sure what they were trying to do with that ad.

As for the anti-Romney's, you forget Bachmann, and also many conservatives desperately wanted Palin to throw her hat in the ring as well. Not sure why....but that's a different topic. But yeah, not only was Romney too moderate but also he wasn't a christian. Therefore supposedly 2 or 4 million conservatives stayed home (i cant remember the exact report). I find that odd since it was the conservatives who kept talking about how Obama was supposedly "destroying our once great republic" and all the other nonsense.
Bachmann never had the pole position once things got going. Very true that many Evangelical Christians view Mormonism as a cult and stayed home. Something the Moneyed GOP Center never understood.
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #594
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 07:31 AM
The GOP has a paradox though. It can nominate moderates like Romney and lose because the conservative base isn't energized or it can nominate an extreme conservative like Ted Cruz and lose because they alienated independents and energized the Democratic base. Either way, I can tell you that due to demographics, the GOP will not win in 2016 unless it's discovered that Hillary Clinton is Kang in disguise.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
nbelcik is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #595
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Or Kanye in disguise
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #596
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 09:31 AM
US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
The GOP has a paradox though. It can nominate moderates like Romney and lose because the conservative base isn't energized or it can nominate an extreme conservative like Ted Cruz and lose because they alienated independents and energized the Democratic base. Either way, I can tell you that due to demographics, the GOP will not win in 2016 unless it's discovered that Hillary Clinton is Kang in disguise.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd exchange long protein strains with Kang anyday.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
unico is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 AM   #597
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,244
Local Time: 12:31 AM
People talk about the tyranny of a two party oligopoly (if that's the term) and, they're not wrong, but I think from the outside looking in, America has many parties. It's merely that they are corralled under the big tents of one of two, well, big parties.

If the Christianists walked out on the GOP, they'd never win an election again. Same goes for the Democrats if one of their important wings walked out (I dunno, the unions? the teachers? Matt Damon?).

Seems to me the Greens would do better taking over a critical mass of the Democratic Party.
Kieran McConville is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #598
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,872
Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
People talk about the tyranny of a two party oligopoly (if that's the term) and, they're not wrong, but I think from the outside looking in, America has many parties. It's merely that they are corralled under the big tents of one of two, well, big parties.

If the Christianists walked out on the GOP, they'd never win an election again. Same goes for the Democrats if one of their important wings walked out (I dunno, the unions? the teachers? Matt Damon?).

Seems to me the Greens would do better taking over a critical mass of the Democratic Party.


Totally agreed. And in a continent-disguised-as-a-country where 310m people all live under the president whether in Hawaii or Alaska or Kansas or Manhattan or Phoenix, 2 parties confer a stability and coherence and legitimacy that you would never get if, say, a Green Party were to take the presidency with, say, 22% of the vote.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #599
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Some of you guys use a lot of commas

 
, ,
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #600
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 07:31 AM
http://youtu.be/rAT_BuJAI70


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

nbelcik is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×