US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise Hillary (not surprisingly) but I'm constantly amused at how often conservatives bring up Benghazi.

Gotta love grasping at straws.

Anyone who likes Ben Carson is mad. Rand Paul is certainly interesting, if only because he's something that peaks interest in the youthful spectrum. About as elects abl as his father...

I really think Rand Paul is among my least favorite potential candidates to run for office in a while. He's antivax, homophobic and the result of political nepotism, which is the worst. He's a dipshit.

I liked his father. He was batshit crazy and I would never vote for him, but it was tough to question his sincerity. Rand is already selling out and alienating the crazies:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ron-paul-leave-rand-paul-camp-116439.html

I really think Rand Paul is among my least favorite potential candidates to run for office in a while. He's antivax, homophobic and the result of political nepotism, which is the worst. He's a dipshit.

I liked his father. He was batshit crazy and I would never vote for him, but it was tough to question his sincerity. Rand is already selling out and alienating the crazies:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ron-paul-leave-rand-paul-camp-116439.html

As someone with strongish libertarian leanings, I quite like Ron Paul (though I probably still wouldn't vote for him in a general election), but I really don't like Rand Paul. He took right-libertarianism and gave it way too much of a dose of Christian Right Tea Partyism.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is hilarious, thought it was be even more hilarious (and awesome) if it had been true

Bloomberg falls for fake Nancy Reagan report - POLITICO.com

Bloomberg Politics published a report about Nancy Reagan based off of fake news site NationalReport.net

The piece, headlined "Nancy Reagan gives her endorsement to... Hillary Clinton," quoted a supposed "Drudge Report" saying that the former first lady told the History Channel series "First Ladies In Their Own Words" that it's time for a female president.

"For the GOP, this is slightly awkward. Since Ronald Reagan's presidency, and especially since his death, the Gipper's legacy has been worshipfully celebrated, often claimed, by Republican candidates," the article stated.

The problem is: Reagan never said such a thing and the series was actually on C-SPAN, not The History Channel. The report seems to have come from NationalReport.net, a spoof news site that has tricked many a politician and news organization in the past. The piece was then posted to a website called DrudgeReport.com.co, which doesn't seem to be connected to the actual Drudge Report.

The piece, which was published just before 5 p.m. on Friday, was deleted within minutes.

We've reached out to a Bloomberg spokesperson for comment and will update here accordingly.

UPDATE (6:05p.m.):

Bloomberg has reposted the article with a note that the piece has been retracted.

"This story has been retracted. We fell for a hoax. Apologies," the note states.

Bloomberg Politics Executive Editor Mike Nizza said in a tweet "very very stupid mistake, and one we take very seriously. Simple as that."

Always going to be Jeb's to lose.

Question is how crazy does he go to appeal?

This is hilarious, thought it was be even more hilarious (and awesome) if it had been true

Bloomberg falls for fake Nancy Reagan report - POLITICO.com

yes, but this is common

sure this time the story was 100% false, but daily we have stories that have 10%. 15% , 25% bad information in them, And people watch The Daily Show spinning stories for laughs that make them many times 40% or more not factual to fit the joke. And what we end up with is a conglomeration of stories and talking points based on shotty reports that many accept as credible.

Always going to be Jeb's to lose.

Question is how crazy does he go to appeal?

the 2016 primary season has been shortened quite a bit, I think GOP will have a nom by April. He can lose some early primaries if he comes in top 3 and then win the bigger states and lock it up. The Convention is earlier too, to give the party more time to rip on the Dem ticket.

Still not a big fan of Hillary but I thought her announcement video was terrific. It came across as very positive and more importantly very apolitical (for the biggest political beast out there). If you remember some years ago when Elliot Spitzer was running for governor of NY, he hired a Madison Avenue ad agency to do his ads and they were just gorgeous and looked NOTHING like your typical election ads. This reminded me very much of that style.

Hillary's announcement video was great. Wondering if any other Democrats will step up to the plate in the coming months.

Jeb will not win the GOP primary 42% of gop voters will not vote for him. The chamber of commerce crowd is all he has right now and it's all he will get because of his immigration position

Then it's Hillary's to lose.

Who else will the GOP throw up there that won't completely embarrass themselves?

Walker is one to not misunderestimate.

Ha. But you are right. I think he is the one to be scared of. Anti-union and sure to favor traditional marriage and all of that good old conservative values stuff.

Christie still weighs as much as a baby elephant and has the bridge scandal thing fresh on people's minds, otherwise...he could be their guy. Komrade Cruz...enough said. Rubio might be on the ticket with whomever the nominee is. Paul, Carson, etc., not too worried about any of them at the moment. Although they will be fun to watch in the coming months.

Ha. But you are right. I think he is the one to be scared of. Anti-union and sure to favor traditional marriage and all of that good old conservative values stuff.

Christie still weighs as much as a baby elephant and has the bridge scandal thing fresh on people's minds, otherwise...he could be their guy. Komrade Cruz...enough said. Rubio might be on the ticket with whomever the nominee is. Paul, Carson, etc., not too worried about any of them at the moment. Although they will be fun to watch in the coming months.

Rubio, nah no way.

Keep in mind when he announced he said he would not run for Senate in 2016. So he is all in, supposedly. He does expect to be on the ticket.

He expects to be a shoo-in for Fla Governor in 2018.

Rubio, nah no way.

Keep in mind when he announced he said he would not run for Senate in 2016. So he is all in, supposedly. He does expect to be on the ticket.

He expects to be a shoo-in for Fla Governor in 2018.

You don't think Rubio could be on a ticket as a VP?

no way

he said he hates the senate, because nothing gets done
this current campaign will built his brand, he won't hit Jeb hard at all, wants endorsement

his dream job, would to be Governor, for the power

He's the GOP's most electable candidate.

Which means they won't nominate him. Cause GOP.

I disagree. Most electable is Rubio followed by Bush when it comes to the GOP. The democrats "Blue Wall" 18 states that have voted democrat every election since after 1988 puts the democratic candidate at 242 EC votes. That means "Blue Wall" plus winning Florida(29 EC votes) wins the election for the democrat. So the republicans have to win Florida to even have a chance of winning the election. The only republican candidates that can insure victory in Florida are Rubio and Bush.

no way

he said he hates the senate, because nothing gets done
this current campaign will built his brand, he won't hit Jeb hard at all, wants endorsement

his dream job, would to be Governor, for the power

Not every VP is Joe Biden ya know, just look at Cheney.

Yeah I can't believe I just read Rubio as not being a good VP candidate. From an objective perspective, he's a gold VP candidate.

That said, I find nothing charismatic about him. To me, Paul and Christie are at least interesting individuals. Rubio comes off as dead boring and weirdly sanctimonious.

Christie is one of those Republicans I could consider were I living in a socially liberal blue state. There are certainly negative things about him, he's a bully and a thug, but he isn't crazy. And anyone who is going to win the GOP nomination is going to have to pander to the crazy in the GOP.

Dick Cheney/Sarah Palin 2016! I think that will make people take the GOP seriously.

That said, I find nothing charismatic about him. To me, Paul and Christie are at least interesting individuals. Rubio comes off as dead boring and weirdly sanctimonious.

Christie is one of those Republicans I could consider were I living in a socially liberal blue state. There are certainly negative things about him, he's a bully and a thug, but he isn't crazy. And anyone who is going to win the GOP nomination is going to have to pander to the crazy in the GOP.
Christie's probably the only one I would consider trusting in a wartime scenario because, as you said, he's not crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom