US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #441
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Well, I guess, there'll be another Addams Family portrait on concession night, right? They must be getting up in years now.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #442
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Well, I guess, there'll be another Addams Family portrait on concession night, right? They must be getting up in years now.
then

I actually feel kind of sorry for his children, they probably shouldn't be dragged into all of this political BS but then these politicians love to parade their children around like they are a circus act anyways.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:18 PM
can we talk about the Duggars? you know, the family of 70 who has the son who works for a famous anti-gay hate group (the Family Research Council) -- as well as a mother who thinks transgendered people are child molestors (irony!) -- who admitted to molesting several of his sisters?

Ex-trooper: Duggars hid full extent of abuse

and these people are not all that fringe. they have/had a reality show on a major cable network (TLC). this is not the Westboro Baptist Church.

of course, because of man's inherent sinful nature, molestation is not a crime, it's just sin, and without the everlasting redemptive love of Jesus Christ in this fallen world, we're all just one unsupervised night away from molesting children.

Quote:
There are many who seem shocked that a child from a Christian family would do such things. While it is always alarming when we find out about our children’s sins, we should not be surprised. Christians (and many other reasonable people) believe that we are all born with a sinful nature. David, king of Israel spoke of his inborn sin like this when he was repenting of his adultery and murder by proxy: “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” Psalm 51:5. The prophet Isaiah concurs. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:6. While not all of our sins find a way to manifest themselves externally we all know the corruption that is present in each of our hearts. It is a mercy of God that he restrains the evil of mankind otherwise we would have destroyed ourselves long ago. Many times it is simply lack of opportunity or fear of consequences that keep us from falling into grievous sin even though our fallen hearts would love to indulge the flesh. We should not be shocked that this occurred in the Duggar’s home, we should rather be thankful to God if we have been spared such, and pray that he would keep us and our children from falling.

Grace Greater Than Our Sin | The Seewald Family
because that's exactly the type of spokesperson the FRC deserves.

what disgusting horseshit.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

That quote is from the family of one of his brothers-in-law.

It's revolting to suggest that the reason the rest of us are not child molesters is because of lack of opportunity.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #445
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:18 PM
I can't think of a coherent thought about the whole situation beyond "Fuck those fucking fuckersons."
Old 05-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #446
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

George Pataki is in. I think some people just want to bump up their speaking fees.

Huckabee is an enigma to me to be polling so well amongst the field. He must have some cult of viewers who are fanboys.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
can we talk about the Duggars?

I'd rather we didn't.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
George Pataki is in. I think some people just want to bump up their speaking fees.

Huckabee is an enigma to me to be polling so well amongst the field. He must have some cult of viewers who are fanboys.
Ya think?

Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I can't think of a coherent thought about the whole situation beyond "Fuck those fucking fuckersons."
What reasonable person has 19 children anyway? I have never watched the show, but are any of them adopted or are they all just fresh from the Duggar oven?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #450
Blue Crack Distributor

As someone who is vocal about supporting reproductive choices (both for the children you have and those that you don't have), I admit I have a damned hard time not judging them about having 19 kids. (Although my judgment lies more with the Quiverfull crap.)
Old 05-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #451
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
What reasonable person has 19 children anyway? I have never watched the show, but are any of them adopted or are they all just fresh from the Duggar oven?
I guess(and would hope) it would be someone with a lot of money.

Several of my Great Great, Grandparents had a similar number of children. It was the late 1800s and times were different. Most people lived and worked on farms, got married very young and continued to have children until a women was in her mid-40s and pregnancy no longer likely.

Quote:
As someone who is vocal about supporting reproductive choices (both for the children you have and those that you don't have), I admit I have a damned hard time not judging them about having 19 kids. (Although my judgment lies more with the Quiverfull crap.)
Don't worry, I believe the US birth rate just slipped below the replacement level which is not good for a country with a growing economy and aging population. Someone has got to make up for the shortfall. In a couple of decades all the Duggur children will be working and supporting the U.S. economy and the massive throng of retired Baby Boomers.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

The last thing we need are more of those Duggar shits.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

They used to be quite poor, living in a tiny house with like "only" 13 children when TLC discovered them and made them D-list celebrities. They have made a pretty penny from their TV show, specials, magazine covers, selling photos of kids and so on.

Their views are really vile. The daughters have "jurisdictions", meaning they are in charge of laundry, cooking, cleaning, even educating the younger ones. The parents treat them as servants and the boys run around wild. Super sexist attitudes all around.

They also have no reproductive responsibility that I can see. Their 19th child was born a micro preemie at something around 23 weeks and barely survived. They continued to try to get pregnant and lost the next one at some 20 weeks or so. Just no common sense at all.

I am embarrassed to know all this, we used to watch them as a guilty pleasure in law school for mocking purposes and it kind of stuck many, many years later.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well then it seems rather irresponsible. Not that i am one to judge them, but it seems to me they don't really have any business reproducing at all. Thanks to TLC those kids are were their welfare babies, with TLC being the source of welfare. Hope they didn't blow all of their TLC-bucks.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #455
Acrobat

So, anyone know when Jeb Bush will officially announce that he is running for President? Any chance that he won't run?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #456
Babyface

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate so far that doesn't fit the mold of corporate sell-out. I am plenty familiar with rest of this cast of characters, so I will not vote for a single one of them, including Hillary. It's going to be Bernie or nothing for me.

Obama was the lesser of 2 evils in the last 2 elections. He's gotten a couple things right, otherwise he's been a huge disappointment. The moment he picked Geithner and Sanders for his economic team and Vilsack for agriculture I knew I should have just stayed home from the polls. Hope and change. Yeah, ok. And now he's pushing the TPP which will gut what's left of our middle class and our democracy. He says he will "debate anyone on the facts", yet he won't let anyone read or talk about it. Welcome to pure fascism.

Give 'em hell, Bernie.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #457
Blue Crack Supplier

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
So, anyone know when Jeb Bush will officially announce that he is running for President? Any chance that he won't run?

I don't think he wants it. He's likely the only Republican who could compete with Hillary, which is why he's been talked into it so far.

But I don't think he wants it.

Don't blame him. How do you defend such a political party, especially after the disaster of W?
Old 05-29-2015, 03:24 AM   #458
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Ass Juice has now joined the GOP race:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/us...race.html?_r=0

This race might get a little frothy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 05-29-2015, 03:28 AM   #459
Refugee

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

Quote:

The whole reason they had that many kids was to create an army for Christ that will take control of the nation. I'm not making this up. This is actually what they want.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

Are they the family that declared themselves a religion to get tax breaks?