US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what are the chances Blackout Brett makes it to next Friday?

I think he’s still in

The FBI has to be called upon by the White House

All Flake did was what he always does, talk a different game than how he acts.

He and the others who were on the fence now have an excuse, it’s out of their hands. They tried but Trump wouldn’t budge.

Yeah, when Graham was going on his little rant yesterday I was like, "Gee, this whole 'watch out for your nominees' thing sounded an awful lot like a threat."

So they think this whole thing is a sham and they're so "outraged" that the Democrats would pull such a stunt...but they'll have no problem doing the exact same thing if the Democrats get back into power. The GOP hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

When they broke in with a special news report earlier, my heart was pounding so hard. I wish the delay were more than a week, but I'm glad that it's there regardless. Let's hope this next week gives us a good outcome.

I think he’s still in

The FBI has to be called upon by the White House

All Flake did was what he always does, talk a different game than how he acts.

He and the others who were on the fence now have an excuse, it’s out of their hands. They tried but Trump wouldn’t budge.
White house called it.

Trump was uncharacteristically gracious (!) and polite and restrained. Gave in very quickly. Lindsay Graham looked like somebody had slipped him a Valium at some point. You really have to wonder what they know that we don't and what is going to emerge this week. Not only do you have the FBI investigating but literally every single journalist and major paper and online source will be digging for old classmates, for the house where the assault happened, for old roommates, girlfriends and on and on. They are already crawling out of the woodwork. We have one tonight basically saying Kavanaugh perjured himself as she drank with him heavily on the regular. In the end, this gives the GOP an out if they need it.

So what happens if the FBI can’t complete their work within the time allotted ?

Assume GOP says this can’t wait any further or is this going to be a kick the can down the road till he’s cleared or found to have broken the law ?

Set aside the sexual assault claims, the dude had fucking lied over and over

Comey called him out on it yesterday

I’m sure the FBI will just produce what they have by their deadline. That’s all they’d be doing with more time. If their report leaves you wondering, it’ll just make Jeff Flake’s yes a sad sight.

We don’t really even know what happened. So who knows if it’s just job disqualifying accusations or criminal accusations ??*♂️

I don't remember asking you a goddamned thing!
Oh, nooooo! :lmao: :lmao:
Thank you! :bow:

been thinking of u all past 2 days, but no chance to get to Wi-Fi till now. Will have to read all the pages tomorrow.

When I heard this morning of that person who said BK was really drunk a fair amount in college - made me even more furious.

My fingers tips getting numb. going home :wave: c u tomorrow.

We don’t really even know what happened. So who knows if it’s just job disqualifying accusations or criminal accusations ??*♂️

My understanding is that this is just to figure out if he's qualified for the job, so they'll be investigating these claims and perhaps others, but I don't believe anything about it is a criminal investigation. I don't know if the state of Maryland can open a case against him without Ford pressing charges.

I know this SCOTUS vote has been dominating headlines, and rightly so. But I think this particular story deserves equal if not more attention.

Basically, the Trump administration is admitting that climate change is real, it’s going to get worse, we’re all screwed anyway, so why bother trying to fix it?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1045659786757500928?s=21

I know this SCOTUS vote has been dominating headlines, and rightly so. But I think this particular story deserves equal if not more attention.

Basically, the Trump administration is admitting that climate change is real, it’s going to get worse, we’re all screwed anyway, so why bother trying to fix it?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1045659786757500928?s=21

It’s times like these I’m kina happy I don’t have children! I feel really bad for the mess we are leaving our future generations. They will be paying the price for our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom