US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Murkowski was definitely a no because of pressure from Alaskan voters on Kavanaugh's stance about Native American rights or something. Did I completely make that up in my head?

For anybody still wondering, this is required reading.

Shit’s real weird now.

A thing it took, like, the New York Times and Washington Post and CNN and so forth maybe a little too long to figure out, back during the 2016 campaigns, a lapse that has launched innumerable blinkered Cletus Safaris in search of some other, less chillingly sociopathic answer in the aftermath of that hell-moment, is this: What the American right wants, what it’s after, isn’t some abstract pluralist success, like the smooth functioning of government and/or the material improvement of American life. It wants, only and entirely, to defeat its opponents. Those aren’t quite the same thing. The Republican party would not choose the former if it could be accomplished without the latter.

It’s a bit late for anyone not to have figured this out yet, but the skeleton key to understanding American conservatism is this: At bottom, it lacks absolutely any moral or ideological underpinning beyond the reactionary protection of moneyed white men—of their station, their wealth and power, and their egos. Its supposed ideas and abstractions are just a framework for spasmodic lashing-out against anything that can be interpreted as a threat to rich white dudes.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/brett-kavanaugh-is-a-man-the-right-can-get-behind-1829225731

I'm sure Kavanaugh and the GOP had Judge hiding out in Delaware because they were so eager to hear his testimony supportive of Judge Grabbyhands.

They know full well that he'd fold like a cheap lawn chair under FBI questioning, much like Cohen, Manafort and the rest of the Trump cabal. And all the other Kavanaugh broskis would follow suit. These are all privileged men, ain't they giving that up for some guy they drank with 30 years ago.

Also, Lindsey Graham is obviously compromised. We can probably all hazard a guess as to the contents of the kompromat. His behaviour only makes sense in light of that.

They know full well that he'd fold like a cheap lawn chair under FBI questioning, much like Cohen, Manafort and the rest of the Trump cabal. And all the other Kavanaugh broskis would follow suit. These are all privileged men, ain't they giving that up for some guy they drank with 30 years ago.

Also, Lindsey Graham is obviously compromised. We can probably all hazard a guess as to the contents of the kompromat. His behaviour only makes sense in light of that.

What Lady Graham needs is a mint julep and a husband.

They care so much about "life", but they don't care at all about putting a person on the Supreme Court who will be deciding cases that directly affect the lives of women (and men too obviously). A person who in all likelihood sexually assaulted at least one woman. And didn't seem to have much respect for them in general. Oh but he does now, he told us so. He hires them and promotes their careers, he's a good guy now.

They're all a bunch of amoral hypocrites.

They care so much about "life",

This has always been a giant ruse. They care about controlling women. Their virulent homophobia is largely rooted in sexism - those "effeminate" men repulse them for much the same reason.

This has always been a giant ruse. They care about controlling women. Their virulent homophobia is largely rooted in sexism - those "effeminate" men repulse them for much the same reason.

Which is why Lindsey ain’t coming out and it’s what’s being held against him by Trump and the Russians

His base would tear him apart

Jeff Flake left the committee room 30 mins ago and is awol. Democrats left and are caucusing. Most of the GOP is now gone too. The ones too old to get up without their Depends leaking (Grassley, Hatch) and livid-looking Graham are only ones left. This is a giant dumpster fire. Vote was meant to be taken over half an hour ago. Cops chasing protestors around to confiscate their whistles as it's mayhem.

Discussion is re: one week delay to allow for brief FBI investigation.

Jeff Flake is really trying to have cake and eat it too. Still, if this gets delayed, I think we have those brave women who confronted him on the way to the committee to thank.

He has to weigh his presidential aspirations (heyo suburban white women!) vs. the fact he is a Republican, ergo he has no soul.

America and the world owe those women who cornered Flake in the elevator everything.

Omg the way they just did that vote on Kavanaugh, many of them didn't even know they were voting on him. They thought it was a vote on the delay.

180306094059-01-dumpster-fire-restricted-super-tease.jpg

So he's voting yes, but on the condition the full vote isn't for at least a week? The only way they can get this honored, is if there are other Republicans on the fence.

Collins and Murkowski will not vote yes now, they have the perfect excuse. Somebody else called for the investigation, they are merely "cooperating" and Turtle doesn't have the votes.

That woman turned Jeff Flake into Mark Judge.

I’m incredibly moved by her.

If Flake comes out and says that those women had no effect on his thinking, I have even less respect for him. He will say that though.

Lindsey just said somebody has to explain this to Trump, I guess that's my job. Don't worry Lindsey, just kiss his butt and his ring and you'll be rewarded later.

i'm pretty fucking sick of hearing "this should concern all men, now anyone can be ruined with nothing more than an accusation".

no, thanks, actually i'm not concerned with being accused of rape (attempted or otherwise) because, you know, i have never tried to rape anyone. seems pretty straightforward to me :shrug:

Also the notion that it should “concern all men” is the equivalent of suggesting that affirmative action should “concern all white people.”

The very notion is sexist as fuck. Men are not an endangered or oppressed societal grouping.

Someone please tell Candace Owens that she's "doubly" oppressed. I don't think she realizes it, poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom