US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, what happened in Puerto Rico is indefensible, but if I were trying to deflect blame, I would keep pointing the finger at the lack if infrastructure before the hurricanes rather than claiming that no one actually died.

But I'm sure 30+% of Americans will believe this bullshit.

Seriously, are there any "I can see the future" types out there who can reassure us this hellish administration and its nutjob followers will be gone as soon as humanly possible? I truly don't know how much longer we can afford to put up with this insanity.

I have admittedly fantasized about hopping in my DeLorean and jumping 10 years in the future to see what the world is like, but I'm afraid I might die from radiation poisoning.

I have admittedly fantasized about hopping in my DeLorean and jumping 10 years in the future to see what the world is like, but I'm afraid I might die from radiation poisoning.

oh you may be able to change this - you have to go back (and slip a condom on his dad or something)!

I mean, what happened in Puerto Rico is indefensible, but if I were trying to deflect blame, I would keep pointing the finger at the lack if infrastructure before the hurricanes rather than claiming that no one actually died.

But I'm sure 30+% of Americans will believe this bullshit.

We keep shitting on the deplorable 30%, but what about the other 10-20% that show up in polls and still approve of the job he’s doing? The ones who turn a blind eye to this, instead of believing him.

I’m talking about like, all of our parents.

FA_1105_facebook-friend.jpg

We keep shitting on the deplorable 30%, but what about the other 10-20% that show up in polls and still approve of the job he’s doing? The ones who turn a blind eye to this, instead of believing him.

I’m talking about like, all of our parents.

My mother despises Trump and even has a pink hat, which I don’t think she knows the full meaning of.

At least his approval is now hitting 36% in some polls. That’s like post-Katrina Bush numbers.

I don’t think we can underestimate the fact that white people now play identity politics. Perhaps they always have, but there’s going to be a lot they’re going to put up with.

I try not to talk politics with my parents, but even my dad has made some cracks lately indicating that he thinks Trump is a buffoon.

My dad was a bank executive, and when he was working I think he would vote for anyone who supported deregulation. Now that he's retired, I think that he's more apt to use common sense.

Last edited:
Ok quickly everyone rush to defend their parents.

‘Twas but mild commentary on how many of us have mentioned our parents as closeted Trump supporters a la “the silent electoral college majority”

‘Twas but mild commentary on how many of us have mentioned our parents as closeted Trump supporters a la “the silent electoral college majority”
I love my father.

I have zero defense over his continued support of Trump, and it kinda eats me up inside whenever I think about it.

Last edited:
I'm sick about how my parents are Trump supporters. I always knew they were very conservative, but to see them support him despite everything is upsetting.

I've been curious to see how they feel now (I haven't talked to them about it in over a year), but I don't even want to bring it up.

Wasn't so much a defense as a hopeful anecdote that maybe my dad is an example of a crack in the dam.

Maybe, we'll see.

I love my father.

I have zero defense over his continued support of Trump, and it kinda eats me up inside whenever I think about it.

Me too man, I’m right there with you.

Though tbh my father is more of the blind eye “market’s doing great!” kinda person right now.

It’s my mother who is like, subtly mentioning biased media against the president or... gasp... has registered as a Republican to vote... for Ron DeSantis? I don’t understand what the fuck is going on there. I really don’t.

Though tbh my father is more of the blind eye “market’s doing great!” kinda person right now.

It’s my mother who is like, subtly mentioning biased media against the president or... gasp... has registered as a Republican to vote... for Ron DeSantis? I don’t understand what the fuck is going on there. I really don’t.

giphy.gif

My mother has gone from a Bush 1 supporter to a pink hatted protestor, so not all old white people are lost causes, was my only real gentle point. It was Iraq and W’s plain spoken, studied idiocy that really turned her. I have other relatives (via marriage) who post somewhat shocking things, but nothing that’s ever truly grotesque — until it comes to abortion, and then the gloves are off (ie, “you think children separated at the border is bad, what about all those children who were separated from their mother since Roe”).

I avoid political discussions with them, and really only once ever got into it when someone had gotten super churchy and was signal-posting and put up something anti-gay and I was like “you have gay friends, gurl, my husband and I are two of them” and then someone commented about Adam/Steve and then it blew up and I got defriended.

Worth it.

I have just as menu issues with other relatives who were so pro-Bernie that their anti-Hillary stuff was indistinguishable from right wing anti-Hillary stuff. In many ways, they’re worse.

So what’s with these gas explosions ?

They were caused by "improvements" the gas company in question was doing. So far at least 70 fires and explosions. It's heartbreaking. Nothing sinister or terror related.

Trump has been in touch with I guess Governor Baker? So I'm sure paper towels are on the way -) Governor Baker is no fan of Trump but he would do anything for MA. He's a Republican and an excellent Governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom