US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit's bananas

Michael Moore says Gwen Stefani might have actually been the impetus for Donald Trump’s 2016 White House bid.

"You hadn't heard that before, have you?" Moore tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with the “Fahrenheit 11/9” director published Wednesday.

The liberal filmmaker — who last year performed an anti-President Trump show on Broadway — claims that after Trump, then a host of NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice,” found out that Stefani’s paychecks as a coach on the network’s show “The Voice” were bigger than his, he was determined to prove his popularity to NBC with a political run.

Yeeeeeeah, I don't think a lot of people are gonna buy that "See? We really were the good guys all along!" attempt at a defense. If this further hurts the GOP's chances in the midterms, tough shit. They should've thought about that before they decided to hitch their wagons to Trump and let him put our country through this insane headache for the last couple years.

I'd love it if this whole mess screwed up Kavanaugh's chances to be on the Supreme Court, too. As it is, this latest potential appointment should be rendered null and void due to all the craziness going on, and Trump being tied to an ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
80% of me is really enjoying watching what appears to be the republican party spiraling around the drain two months before the midterms. 20% of me is remembering the facebook post i made on the morning of 08 nov 2016 that included the words "LANDSLIDE ALERT".

i don't think i'll ever again feel confident about the results of any election until the votes are officially counted. but this feels hopeful.

I do feel worried that this is some plant to prove their is a Deep State! Or some weird shit like that. But the whole thing, even if it's 100% sincere, is just so funny. I hope no one's getting taken for a ride thinking, ah there they are, the party of responsibility still exists after all!

I mean all along I’ve been under the assumption that Trump is manipulative and not just a dumb orange rock like he seems.

His whole schtick has been misinformation. Not only does he lie, he actively
suggests things that he knows are lies and he knows most know are lies. Ted Cruz’s father might’ve killed JFK!!!
Come on. He’s more calculated than people give
him credit for. This is smokescreen over the fact that another book just came out where half of the people around him call him a moron.

I definitely buy the “ feed the deep state conspiracy” thing here.

Given the latest polling, the GOP is headed for disaster. This may have been an attempt to curry favor with those up for election. It presents the GOP in a positive light while shitting all over Trump

Thankfully, most reactions seem to look through that and show what the GOP actually is. A spineless, undemocratic (unconstitutional) and irresponsible institution.
It also shows that if there's any 'Deep State' it's not Democrats undermining Trump, but Republicans. Republicans who are still proud of the tax cut for the riches, polluting the environment and robbing ciitizens of their healthcare insurance.

Though I imagine being a conservative (fiscal or otherwise) in this day and age and seeing what the gop has twisted itself into might make you a little crazy.

Though I imagine being a conservative (fiscal or otherwise) in this day and age and seeing what the gop has twisted itself into might make you a little crazy.
Honestly it makes you question every last aspect of your political beliefs and makes you significantly more open to ideas that a decade ago I might not have even considered

So in that way it's a positive.

I mean all along I’ve been under the assumption that Trump is manipulative and not just a dumb orange rock like he seems.

His whole schtick has been misinformation. Not only does he lie, he actively
suggests things that he knows are lies and he knows most know are lies. Ted Cruz’s father might’ve killed JFK!!!
Come on. He’s more calculated than people give
him credit for. This is smokescreen over the fact that another book just came out where half of the people around him call him a moron.

I definitely buy the “ feed the deep state conspiracy” thing here.

I'm more inclined to go with the 'dumb orange rock' theory. I think he really doesn't know much about the world, has no moral or ideological compass, and that he has both a narcissistic personality disorder and a pathological lying disorder. He is not of sound mind. He gets exactly the credit he deserves.

He's absolutely an idiot who was born into great advantage. He's mobbed up because he had access to $ and has no moral compass. Without his access to people and cash and without the explosion of reality TV in the last couple of decades he wouldn't be where he is. It's not performance art, he's not cunning or manipulative, not anymore so than any other idiot can be. I do believe that he can turn on the charm and can probably be very complimentary to people in his good books, as you need a good deal of that sort of thing to get where he is, but that's about where his social graces end.

He was propped up by people his entire life, so it's hard to tell what he's capable of on his own. But he is intellectually incurious, worse even than George W. Bush. Bush I think was legitimately dimwitted and extremely trusting of those around him so he was a very useful idiot. I don't think that he held facts in contempt like Trump does and I don't think that he was a narcissist. In fact, I bet he knows he's dim but that's fine with him, he ended up as President as a bit of an unexpected stroke of luck in any event.

At least Bush was surrounded by competent (though evil) people. Trump doesn't even have that. Maybe one or two have the potential to be competent but even then, you have a guy like Kelly who is good at what he has done his whole life, except you know, he's also a racist. Dick Cheney didn't carry that kind of baggage. He just shot friends in the face and went about his day.

I'm more inclined to go with the 'dumb orange rock' theory. I think he really doesn't know much about the world, has no moral or ideological compass, and that he has both a narcissistic personality disorder and a pathological lying disorder. He is not of sound mind. He gets exactly the credit he deserves.

I didn’t suggest any of your criticisms weren’t true.

To think that he’s entirely unaware and hasn’t thought about anything is silly. He has, his thoughts are just wrong.

Why do you think he called his Charlottesville thing a big mistake? He actively has thought about how he will never apologize. Many times he doesn’t apologize not because he wholeheartedly agrees with what he has said (we already know he has no moral compass, and we know that he doesn’t believe half the shit that he says which is why he changes what he says so often).

We know 1000% the only thing he refuses to do in his mind is look weak. That’s active thought on his part. He is manipulative and he plots.

He’s a moron because he legitimately knows very little about what he’s doing, but he’s not dumb in the sense of not having a damn clue about the consequences of what he says.

I just ordered myself a couple of new t-shirts. I have seen a couple of old farts wearing MAGA hats into my gym, so I will be working out in these as soon as they arrive. Will be interesting to see if I get any comments.

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

^^ Those T-shirts are fantastic.

So...the Press Secretary urging the "sheeple" to bombard the New York Times with calls asking them to identify the op-ed author is ridiculous, in my opinion. Though you can't expect anything else with this trainwreck of an administration.

Last edited:
Well, in my eyes this maybe fictitious mole is a friend to nobody. Would not mind if Trump found out and dragged them out publicly.

They’re likely cowards, whoever they are.

You have a point in that it could be fictitious, just to drive those working within the White House crazy. But it wouldn’t have been the best thing to do, in terms of the NYT’s credibility. I don’t think we’ll ever get an answer.

I was suggesting the fictitious nature wasn’t the NYT, but the “resistance” the author claimed.

ie I would not be surprised if Trump has intended to, for a while, polarize media such that the right media insists upon witch hunt and kisses his ass all day while the left media sounds conspiratorial and outlandish (when, honestly, sometimes it does but other times that’s just because we have a moron for a president and you can’t make this shit up).

Given that all media says he’s apoplectic and is vowing only to trust family member — which is totally not something dictators do — it seems impossible to me that it was planted by Trump.

He’s shrewd about his brand, and marketing. He’s not an idiot about that stuff — stories about his reaction to the sexual assault tapes was that he was all “is this a Trump thing to do? Is it brand-consistent?” — and something seditious like the letter makes him look like a fool and an idiot and incompetent.

Sure, I’ll agree that Trump himself wouldn’t plant this after considering that tidbit: it definitely makes him look like an idiot.

I highly doubt any republican would actively use the term “resistance” like that though. It seems intentionally done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom