US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody shared this link on another board I go to-it's a long read, but a worthwhile one, and one I desperately wish the Senate could read before tomorrow:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/how-we-know-kavanaugh-is-lying

Also, since there are no statue of limitations in Maryland, I wonder what would happen if any of Kavanaugh's accusers were to file criminal charges against him? Would that be an automatic removal/holdup? Could there be anything that could change anyone's minds before tomorrow?

Agh. Tomorrow's my birthday. I may just stay away from the news altogether. No need to ruin the day.
What would reading it do?

They don't care.

There is no convincing anyone who STILL supports Trump, at this point, that they should vote against the Republican party.

By now, you're either with or against. The middle ground is gone.

At this point the focus needs to be 100% focused on driving people who normally don't vote to get the fuck to the polls in November.

This means you, millennials. You want your avocado toast and free college? Vote or shut the fuck up.

What would reading it do?

They don't care.

True. But maybe it could've at least spared Manchin going with the GOP, or something.

As for your other post, well said. I'm on the older end of the millennial spectrum, so I don't know if there's some sort of difference between how people around my age will vote versus how people younger than me will, but whatever the numbers, your message needs to go out to everyone in that age bracket in general. I know there's been a few efforts to try and get younger people signed up, so hopefully they're working.

Normally my family tends to vote in the afternoon/evening, but maybe this year can work it where we can be among the very first ones at the polls on Election Day. Hm.

Happy Birthday Moonlit Angel

Last edited:
Susan Collins is known as a senator who lays her thoughts out plainly and logically. She did it again this afternoon.

How predictable you crawl out of the woodwork with this. Totally mum on anything requires a moral stance.

Must be some requirement of Republicanism these days.

The Republican woman. There needs to be some kind of large-scale sociological study on this phenomenon because it is completely and totally inexplicable.

Based off what my mom's told me about the women she works with who are Republican, they pretty much vote and think in line with what their husbands think. One even said as much, claiming that her husband and son told her to watch Fox News, because they're the only real news network out there. So she does. And I've got a conservative aunt who's like that as well. If her husband likes something, she likes it. If he doesn't, she doesn't.

Same thing when we lived in Wyoming (also a very Republican state). It's the whole "stand by your man, listen to him, as he's the head of the household and always right" type of mentality.

Obviously that doesn't explain all the women who vote Republican, of course, but it's one theory to put out there.

The Republican woman. There needs to be some kind of large-scale sociological study on this phenomenon because it is completely and totally inexplicable.

May they go the way of the gay republican. Haven’t met any of those since the early ‘00’s.

Although I guess there are some racist white gays. They probably like Trump. Because if you like Trump you are by definition a racist at this point.

...Also in other news, Pence is blaming China for hacking and seems our rhetoric has been beefed up towards them. Pence is a Domionist nut who believes he’s been chosen by God to do battle against non Christian nations
oh, man, I've been wanting about Dominists for years now.:|
It's official.

It's all Amp's fault.
:uhoh:
I’m sure Hillary would have been worse.

Remember her emails ?
The talks to Wall Street ?
Her lack of smiling would start WWIII
:panic:
I disagree. I know people so left that any sort of compromise renders a politician (say, Obama) complicit in something that offends their precious sense of purity.

This is where the Stein idiots come in.
Yup. :|
Based off what my mom's told me about the women she works with who are Republican, they pretty much vote and think in line with what their husbands think. One even said as much, claiming that her husband and son told her to watch Fox News, because they're the only real news network out there. So she does. And I've got a conservative aunt who's like that as well. If her husband likes something, she likes it. If he doesn't, she doesn't.

Same thing when we lived in Wyoming (also a very Republican state). It's the whole "stand by your man, listen to him, as he's the head of the household and always right" type of mentality.

Obviously that doesn't explain all the women who vote Republican, of course, but it's one theory to put out there.
So ...... :(
So glad I was born and raised (by liberal parents), live in a more liberal city!
May they go the way of the gay republican. Haven’t met any of those since the early ‘00’s.
hmm.... We're those the Log Cabin Republicans?

I'm so furious. Luckily I have lots of things to divert my attention, ruminations.
And then GOTV in Nov.

The more people that vote just might get past all the voter supression, hacking that might/will happen! Don't give up now!
-----------------------
Otoh...

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~
Moonlit!

Turn off the news and Turn Up the U2!!! :hug:

Remember when Susan Collins stood up for Al Franken because there was no investigation into the claims against him

Oh that’s right, she didn’t. She called for him to resign immediately

SCOTUS has no legitimacy anymore. Kavanaugh cannot be taken seriously, especially on any issue related to sex or gender.

Everything Trump touches turns to trash.

If you still support Trump after what he just did notnjust to SCOTUS but to sex assault victims (of whom he’s created many) you are a garbage person.

And that’s the end of it. You are garbage if you support Trump and vote for an R in November.

Remember when Susan Collins stood up for Al Franken because there was no investigation into the claims against him

Oh that’s right, she didn’t. She called for him to resign immediately

So she didn't lay out her thoughts plainly and logically about Al Franken? Ok then. Well we didn't have any pictures of Kavanaugh doing what he allegedly did, maybe that's it.

How come she didn't mention any of Kavanaugh's political rantings yesterday? The rantings during the hearing, such as "revenge about the Clintons". When he said that it was as if Trump wrote it for him. All it needed was a dose of emails.

Honestly when she brought up Merrick Garland to justify Kavanaugh I turned off the tv. There is literally no shame in her or any of them.

I wonder how Collins does it. Does she tell all of her fellow republican colleagues that worry that she might vote the other way “sorry guys I have to make a stink but don’t worry!”???

Murkowski and Manchin probably agreed to trade votes.

Nah.

Murkowski always had the cover she needed at home due to Kavanaugh being openly hostile in his decisions regarding native land rights. The sexual assault was icing on the cake.

Manchin is just a piece of crap.

Nah.

Murkowski always had the cover she needed at home due to Kavanaugh being openly hostile in his decisions regarding native land rights. The sexual assault was icing on the cake.

Manchin is just a piece of crap.

Murkowski said absolutely nothing until Flake took the heat and Collins sealed the deal. Same goes for Manchin.

Guarantee Murkowski and Manchin would’ve had different votes had their votes mattered. This is all a game, and Murkowski/Manchin just capitalized on two very unpopular pariahs.

Murkowski said absolutely nothing until Flake took the heat and Collins sealed the deal. Same goes for Manchin.

She said nothing while Collins assured all of us that Kavanaugh promised RvWade is settled law and blathered on about him positively for weeks.

Murkowski was quietly meeting with Alaskan native groups, many comprised primarily of women. The Alaska Gov and Lt Gov also came out against Kavanaugh 2-3 weeks ago and gave her political cover. She was a no a long time ago in my opinion.

I don't want to give her too much credit as she tends to be as you've alluded to, the vote that never matters. But I don't think she and Manchin traded votes. She was always a no, and he was waiting to see if he could vote Yes with impunity.

As for Flake, he's totally deluded that he can be President someday. This vote means he will never accomplish that. But it would be SO much fun to watch him take on Trump in the 2020 primary and get shredded to bits. He'll literally be eaten alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom