US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's holding a rally up in Rochester, Minnesota tonight. Our local Iowa and Minnesota affiliates were planning on covering it. I can't bear to watch.

Also, good for Justice Stevens for his comments regarding Kavanaugh.

Haha oh look a publican playing the “I’m family oriented” card. Haven’t seen that since pre-Trump.

I said this in discussions elsewhere, but when I was watching his testimony last week, and he was doing the faux teary, emotional stuff, it reminded me of those husbands you see on the "Dateline"/"48 Hours" types of shows who've murdered or been accused of murdering their wives. They're always described as being seen as "good, Christian family men", until, of course, you find out about some scandal in their past (which is usually an affair, some financial woes, etc.), something that winds up being a motivator for the murder.

And if they're being interviewed, when talking about their wives, they often try to eek out some tears as they go on and on about how much they "loved" them and all that sort of stuff, but it always winds up coming off as them trying too hard and looking really phony.

Well, the WSJ just published an opinion piece by none other than Brett Kavanaugh.

Not helping, Brett.

Dos9QQgXsAAYdzF.jpg:large

I fully expect to be disappointed and depressed come Saturday, and start to legitmately worry if I’m going to be forcibly divorced in a few years, but would Blackout Brent have been asked to write this stupid horseshit if they had the votes?

I think he wrote it because they basically had a power play going. FBI had not much to say so get the going while the going is good. It’s a classical “family man” image plug.

Except, well, you know, no Supreme Court Justice in recent times has ever looked so political and not-impartial.

Bear in mind, Donald Trump brought Gorsuch onto the Supreme Court not too long ago. People were mad over that selection but only because of Merrick Garland. Gorsuch, by all accounts, is a normal human being with proper qualification and accolade. He’s just got views I don’t like and I wish he wasn’t on the Supreme Court.

He’s essentially saying he’s sorry for hitting us, it’s just that we made him really mad and he got emotional because he loves us so much.

These Republicans like Grassley lecturing Democrats about civility is hypocritical beyond any words. They support their President who doesn't know how to be civil. Who publicly mocked a woman who says she was sexually assaulted. So gross. But let's just talk about Democrats treating Kavanaugh in such an uncivil manner.

This is the set up for mid terms are RIGGED!!!!!
The biggest problem for the midterms is the economy.

Anyone with a brain can figure out that the economy was improving under Obama and that t this is just a continuation, that wage growth remains stagnant and that the only people who the tax cuts helped are people who didn't need it.

But unemployment is down. That helps the Republicans.

That the Republicans are in any kind of jeopardy here is a testament to just how awful the current administration is.

In any normal world, with the economy humming along the way it is?

People don't look at the background. They don't dig deep on the why or the how. They don't even look to future potential pratfalls. For better or worse they see the current.

It's not something that's independent to republican or democrats, either.

As far as the tariffs I was talking about Trump being reelected. I've given up any hope for midterms. I'm sure voting though.

Trump's policies might send us into recession. But his supporters wouldn't care, they'd blame Democrats or Jina (China).

Protesters in front of Turtle McConnell's DC home are currently throwing a kegger. :lol:

Cornyn says all are paid protesters who get bonuses if they get arrested. Orange concludes the same based on the fact their signs look professional and not like they were made in their basements. Because he hasn't heard of colour printers I guess?

Obviously you didn't get arrested and therefore your performance fell short of the payment threshold. Try harder.

Can the good people of Maine please put her out to pasture in 2 years?

This is a good start:

https://www.crowdpac.com/campaigns/...o-on-kavanaugh-or-we-fund-her-future-opponent

The only and I mean only and very small silver lining is that the Republican outrage over the rights of the endangered white rapist can now be put aside. Whichever side "lost" this Kavanaugh business was going to have more reason to vote. That's really the only hope at this point. Vote and then investigation after investigation that makes Benghazi look like a half day field trip.

Dunno. I think it’s pretty neutral in terms of who is invigorated to vote. That’s sort of a rallying cry for pubes.

I think what's certain is that young people never vote, and especially not in the midterms.

The real question is how many educated white women and Republican-leaning country club types will be willing to vote for the Democrats now that they have their tax cuts in hand. They don't need the orange shit stain for anything else.

I think what's certain is that young people never vote, and especially not in the midterms.

The real question is how many educated white women and Republican-leaning country club types will be willing to vote for the Democrats now that they have their tax cuts in hand. They don't need the orange shit stain for anything else.

Lol @orange shit stain. There's actually a sweatshirt for that

a1f50ed2a30cd071e0a3b890369453af.jpg

Why doesn't Collins call out Trump on the Senate floor? She just said that sexual assault survivors deserve respect.

Someone sexually assaulted Dr. Ford. But because a half hearted rushed investigation couldn't corroborate her account , Kavanaugh didn't do it-Susan Collins

Somebody shared this link on another board I go to-it's a long read, but a worthwhile one, and one I desperately wish the Senate could read before tomorrow:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/how-we-know-kavanaugh-is-lying

Also, since there are no statue of limitations in Maryland, I wonder what would happen if any of Kavanaugh's accusers were to file criminal charges against him? Would that be an automatic removal/holdup? Could there be anything that could change anyone's minds before tomorrow?

Agh. Tomorrow's my birthday. I may just stay away from the news altogether. No need to ruin the day.

Collins now gets to enjoy all the benefits of cousin love without the post-coital guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom