US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #601
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 05:15 PM
I think that Kavanaugh is a foregone conclusion. And I'm even more convinced of it given the latest polls. The House is lost and the Senate is looking dangerously in play. My guess is that the GOP has given up on the midterms, at least privately, and they know full well that confirming Kavanaugh will be the last nail in the coffin. The left and any reasonable woman will be outraged, the right will have their justice and no real reason to get off their asses and vote. So they get SCOTUS and lose their ability to govern in one fell swoop. Given that they have aptly demonstrated that they are a party that is unable to govern anyway, it's not the worst result. Plus, the cynic in me also thinks that the establishment GOP, or what's left of it, doesn't mind a useless lame duck Trump for the next 2 years as they'll all be running against him. He wasn't, a "real" conservative, he was actually a Democrat all along, it's not Conservatism that's failed you voters, blah blah blah.

As soon as Dems are in control, expand the size of the court by 2 more justices and stick it to them. The Republicans play to win, about time the Dems did the same.
__________________

anitram is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #602
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 05:15 PM
US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

Oh yeah but look at it the positive way - this *will* be the midterm nail in the coffin.

And if we ever wanted to talk about an impeachment, which is still unlikely, midterms are mandatory.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 09-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #603
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,724
Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
As soon as Dems are in control, expand the size of the court by 2 more justices and stick it to them. The Republicans play to win, about time the Dems did the same.
Is there any way the Democrats could just remove Kavanaugh instead if he does get through (especially if more accusations/proof comes out over time)? Or if that's too hard, could they perhaps focus on putting term limits on SC judges, so that even if he's there, he'll only be there for a set number of years and can therefore only inflict minimal damage at most? Term limits in general seem to be a popular position among many in this country already, so maybe that could be a route worth looking at.

I wonder what would happen if, by some off chance, something happens and Kavnaugh doesn't get the nomination. How would the GOP handle that going forward?
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #604
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Idk how the republican politicians would handle it if their nominee doesn’t get the votes but I can totally see all the trump supporters (and trump too) going crazy and blaming it all on the democrats and being a witch hunt yadi yada. Wouldn’t surprise me if they go out and riot. And there will be one massive trump twitter storm/meltdown. That’s almost a given.
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #605
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,724
Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
but I can totally see all the trump supporters (and trump too) going crazy and blaming it all on the democrats and being a witch hunt yadi yada. Wouldn’t surprise me if they go out and riot. And there will be one massive trump twitter storm/meltdown. That’s almost a given.
Oh, definitely.

Have to say, by the way, that it's amazing how many people don't understand what a witch hunt actually is. It's one of those terms that's become so meaningless with how often it's tossed around nowadays.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #606
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Is there any way the Democrats could just remove Kavanaugh instead if he does get through (especially if more accusations/proof comes out over time)? Or if that's too hard, could they perhaps focus on putting term limits on SC judges, so that even if he's there, he'll only be there for a set number of years and can therefore only inflict minimal damage at most? Term limits in general seem to be a popular position among many in this country already, so maybe that could be a route worth looking at.

I wonder what would happen if, by some off chance, something happens and Kavnaugh doesn't get the nomination. How would the GOP handle that going forward?
You can impeach a SCOTUS justice but how you get to 2/3 of the votes in the Senate is anyone's guess.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #607
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,215
Local Time: 04:15 PM
The most frightening thing about what's going on right now isn't that facts don't matter to a large portion of the population, it's that a large portion of the population believes that the facts are really the lies, and the lies are actually the facts.

It's not that they don't care. They truly believe in, for lack of a better phrase, alternative facts.

I don't know how you combat this.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #608
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Yeah that’s definitely the scary part. It’s true. It’s a gross feeling where the facts are pretty clear but you’re made to feel like it’s a debate, if only because so many fucking people insist otherwise. Like we are conspirators.

I mean, I can fully acknowledge what’s a ploy. Plenty of dem ploys out there to make the president look like an idiot. But with that being said, most of it is on him. It doesn’t need setups or ploys. Either you’re drinking the juice or you’re not.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #609
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,473
Local Time: 05:15 PM
well. Avenatti.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #610
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Michael Avenatti has just named his client and posted her picture. She signed a sworn declaration and is willing to testify in front of the Senate. About what she knows about Kavanaugh being involved in these parties in high school. With drugging and assaulting or attempting to assault women.

I haven't read the declaration or what he has posted.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #611
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 09:15 PM
https://twitter.com/amy_siskind/stat...451334145?s=21
BEAL is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #612
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,473
Local Time: 05:15 PM
It honestly and truly makes me physically ill.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #613
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,215
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Right, but he didn't put it in his calendar so it's obviously not true.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #614
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,215
Local Time: 04:15 PM
GOP really fucked the pooch on this one...

Could have just yanked him weeks ago and already had another candidate up.

Now they're either going to have to vote in a judge who may end up in prison, or have him withdraw knowing that it's unlikely that they'll be able to get another one up before the midterms.

And if they lose the Senate, 2019 will be all about impeachment, and 2020 the dems can be all Mcconnell-like and say that we need to wait till the election and a new president.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #615
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 05:15 PM
I see no way he ends up in prison.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,473
Local Time: 05:15 PM
I’m waiting for the “don’t talk to me about a few drunk girls getting gang raped when millions of babies have been murdered in the womb since Roe” comments.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #617
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,215
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I see no way he ends up in prison.
No statute of limitations in Maryland.

Obviously it's a long shot as there would be almost zero evidence, unless this Judge character were to flip on his broheim - resigning in disgrace is more likely.

But I don't see Avenatti letting this go, and his client has security clearances that she's risking by going public like this, if she were to be making it up.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #618
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,215
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I’m waiting for the “don’t talk to me about a few drunk girls getting gang raped when millions of babies have been murdered in the womb since Roe” comments.
I'm sure if you dig hard enough on the Twitters it's already there.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #619
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
GOP really fucked the pooch on this one...

Could have just yanked him weeks ago and already had another candidate up.

Now they're either going to have to vote in a judge who may end up in prison, or have him withdraw knowing that it's unlikely that they'll be able to get another one up before the midterms.

And if they lose the Senate, 2019 will be all about impeachment, and 2020 the dems can be all Mcconnell-like and say that we need to wait till the election and a new president.
It's not the GOP, it's Trumpski.

The GOP would have preferred Amy Coney Barrett, and the evangelicals actually did put up a minor whinefest when she wasn't nominated. Mother of 7, super pro-life, woman, confirmed by the same Congress, basically a slam dunk for them. But, Trump wanted a guy who would keep him out of jail, so they got stuck with Kavanaugh who was generally "good enough" on other issues.

They have for sure screwed the pooch on this in the last couple of weeks though. They should have booted his ass and put her up, then confirmed her in the lame duck session. Now they are doubling down literally to stick it to the Libs. There is no morality left.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #620
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
No statute of limitations in Maryland.

Obviously it's a long shot as there would be almost zero evidence, unless this Judge character were to flip on his broheim - resigning in disgrace is more likely.

But I don't see Avenatti letting this go, and his client has security clearances that she's risking by going public like this, if she were to be making it up.


Even in the slimmest of chances that he gets investigated, think about how hard it is for a prosecutor to prove “without a doubt” that this happened, given the political implications of the case.

Sad but true, his position makes him, by default, have all shadows of doubt cast from political motivations.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×