US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brutal and for decades to come. Unless the Dems can rally women and millenials (lol) it’s an uphill climb.

I don’t feel that worried about Manchin but Heitkamp is in real trouble.

We’ve known that the Senate map is horrible for the Dems this year. Taking back the Senate was always a long shot. The House looks good.

The bigger problem is what the Senate tells us — that we less and less live in a representational democracy. An enormous amount of political power is concentrated in the hands of a minority party. And the core of that minority is focused on cruelty towards the majority.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Fewer people decided then 2016 election than saw two Joshua Tree stadium shows.

So am i over analyzing or overreacting when i state that with Kavanaugh getting on the SC, and thus GOP controlling all 3 branches of Government, that they are not going to give up that power ???

While polls show Dems holding a lead in the House, we also saw the same thing for Clinton.

I’m sure there’ll be some October surprises and I’m almost sure Russia will fuck with the elections

It’s no guarantee that Dems take anything back.

Also in other news, Pence is blaming China for hacking and seems our rhetoric has been beefed up towards them. Pence is a Domionist nut who believes he’s been chosen by God to do battle against non Christian nations

So am i over analyzing or overreacting when i state that with Kavanaugh getting on the SC, and thus GOP controlling all 3 branches of Government, that they are not going to give up that power ???

While polls show Dems holding a lead in the House, we also saw the same thing for Clinton.

I’m sure there’ll be some October surprises and I’m almost sure Russia will fuck with the elections

It’s no guarantee that Dems take anything back.

Also in other news, Pence is blaming China for hacking and seems our rhetoric has been beefed up towards them. Pence is a Domionist nut who believes he’s been chosen by God to do battle against non Christian nations

Your concerns are absolutely on point and the GOP will do everything they can to suppress the vote where they can.

We can’t let them.

And Russian influence on everything — even Last Jedi reviews (!!!) — is not to be underestimated.

Last edited:
We’ve known that the Senate map is horrible for the Dems this year. Taking back the Senate was always a long shot. The House looks good.

The bigger problem is what the Senate tells us — that we less and less live in a representational democracy. An enormous amount of political power is concentrated in the hands of a minority party. And the core of that minority is focused on cruelty towards the majority.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Fewer people decided then 2016 election than saw two Joshua Tree stadium shows.
It's official.

It's all Amp's fault.

Her polls had been better than the most recent.

I mean, good on her, I support that.

Bill Nelson called the investigation “bullshit.” So there’s that too.

As much as I will without a doubt be voting for Bill Nelson and do love how much he sponsors space etc., it’s only because he’s running against Rick Scott/a trumpster dumpster fire.

Bill Nelson is the epitome of a fake smiling old white man congressman/senator that has plagued politics for decades. I’m just glad he doesn’t pussyfoot around and gladly steps up to the needs of people at the times, but I don’t think he’s all that genuine.

I could be wrong. I mean... Charlie Crist by all means seems to fit this bill, but I genuinely feel his turning-into-a-Democrat was not a political move but rather him having an internal conflict and getting out while he still could. And he did. So, hey, cheers to seemingly like a phony but maybe not always being one.

I’m sure Hillary would have been worse.

Remember her emails ?
The talks to Wall Street ?
Her lack of smiling would start WWIII

I’m sure Hillary would have been worse.

Remember her emails ?
The talks to Wall Street ?
Her lack of smiling would start WWIII

It’s not that she’s worse, it’s that she’s exactly the same as Trump. The Dems are just the GOP lite. They’re totally the same and I want free college but I can’t be bothered to vote now bye.

It’s not that she’s worse, it’s that she’s exactly the same as Trump. The Dems are just the GOP lite. They’re totally the same and I want free college but I can’t be bothered to vote now bye.

I think you’re mixing up two different stereotypes here.

I don’t think the crowd who called Clinton the same as Trump really has any liberal ideology whatsoever. Those folks were the ones disillusioned by politicians re: nothing will change so I’m not going to vote OR they’re all the same and I’m actually a closeted fan of Donald Trump’s message and this is a subconscious attempt to justify not only my vote but psychologically encourage others to do so as well.

And I would say more often than not it was the latter, and in most cases the individuals you’re referring to did vote for Clinton or maybe didn’t vote but wouldn’t have voted regardless, inclusive of Bernie Sanders.

I disagree. I know people so left that any sort of compromise renders a politician (say, Obama) complicit in something that offends their precious sense of purity.

This is where the Stein idiots come in.

Well her husband was (is?) a womanizer and probably an abuser (if not worse).

Which easily could have been a huge story in a normal administration. It's Tuesday in this one.

Yes I know he was/is and I agree. I was talking about how his behavior was made an issue when she was running for President. By opportunists (including Orange Clown) who acted as if she was responsible for that behavior. Still waiting for Melania to be held responsible for Clown's behavior.

Justice Stevens (who is 98, sounds sharp as a tack) said publicly today that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed. He said he changed his mind about that because of Kavanaugh's performance during the hearings. Justice Stevens is a lifelong Republican.

Well, the WSJ just published an opinion piece by none other than Brett Kavanaugh.

Not helping, Brett.

Dos9QQgXsAAYdzF.jpg:large

His main audience was his 10/12 yr old daughters? :lol:

Sure, Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom