US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the kind of desperate rambling/begging "don't evict me" speech someone gives on big brother after they get backdoored on double-eviction night by their own alliance and realizes that they're probably getting booted.

:lmao: Too true.

I really hope they don’t confirm him.

I've been avoiding the story today, and am only now seeing people's comments. I hate to get my hopes up about anything, but please please PLEASE let this be the end of him.

(andthewholeGOP, kthxbye)

i like how a judge fighting for a supreme court position is claiming that something a teenager wrote in a calendar is definitive proof of anything.

oh, he just named a half dozen women that he's been friends with since the 80s that he didn't try to rape. that means of course he would never try to rape *anyone*. case closed guys :up:

DoH6S7YU0AAfu4z.jpg

if it's so hard and painful to have to explain to your daughter that people are saying daddy tried to rape someone, maybe don't try to rape someone?

reply to that tweet:

[tweet]1045355137491906560[/tweet]

This is BEAUTIFUL. Fuck you, Trump Jr.

I'm just now turning over to the testimony, but the comments here thus far are filling me with some big hopes.

just a rumour but apparently now he is telling people he may rescind the nomination as soon as this afternoon.

This was really terrible for the GOP.

I was absolutely certain Kavanaugh would be confirmed but now I can totally see some GOP senators folding like cheap lawn chairs. Murkowski is probably already gone and they only need one more. And you can bet if they get one more there will be another 2, 3, 4 coming out just to appear like they are human after all.

*Crosses fingers so hard that this is the case*

Whatever happens, rest assured, GOP, we'll remember all of this come November.

Last edited:
I think Lindsey is auditioning for Attorney General.

All of this is being played out for one person only, Trump

Listened to about an hour and a half in the car on the ride home,
This hearing is the greatest advertisement for Senate term limits that has ever been.
Every committee member sounds like they are 164 years old, each one just asks the same question/makes the same statement as the previous senator from their respective party. Its unfathomable that these people are in charge of making laws for our country (well I guess its not so unfathomable when you consider who the Tangerine in Chief is).

They're going to confirm this sack of shit.

Congressional investigation first day of the new session of Congress in January. Make Benghazi look like a joke.

I love how, now that Ford's testified and came off really credible, suddenly the Republicans are all, "It's a shame what the Democrats have done to Ford, they've treated her as badly as they have Kavanaugh.", and talking about how they respect and admire her for coming forward and all that. They were more than willing to call her a liar before today.

And Kavanaugh talking about his daughters wanting to "pray for the women" sounded awfully precious.

I love how, now that Ford's testified and came off really credible, suddenly the Republicans are all, "It's a shame what the Democrats have done to Ford, they've treated her as badly as they have Kavanaugh.", and talking about how they respect and admire her for coming forward and all that. They were more than willing to call her a liar before today.

And Kavanaugh talking about his daughters wanting to "pray for the women" sounded awfully precious.

Well this is the Republican Party you are talking about. Hypocrisy is the name of the game.

I hope years from now the term republican and GOP find its rightful place next to nazis

Not saying they are the same, but hold the same weight of just how horrible they are.

I hope years from now the term republican and GOP find its rightful place next to nazis

Not saying they are the same, but hold the same weight of just how horrible they are.

erm...no. that's nuts. it's not even close.

the nazis would have simply shot dr ford and been done with it.

Last edited:
I believe Dr. Ford, don't believe Kavanaugh at all he's a piece of crap. It's as if Trump coached him in how to act today. I would do what Dr. Ford did today to keep a piece of crap like Kavanaugh off the Supreme Court. When she talked about the laughter being the most vivid memory, that was heartbreaking. She said she was terrified, I totally get that. But she did it anyway.

Unfortunately I know a couple of people who are like Kavanaugh. Phony front revisionist history of their lives, very polished (so they think) at lying. Then when their actions and lies catch up to them, they just lie some more. That's the sense I get about Brett. When you think you can get away with anything as a teenager, sometimes that never changes.

Yeah, that's another thing that struck me about today. When these women have fuzzy moments in their stories, when they talk about drinking at the parties, people use that to go, "See! They've got to be making this up or confused, how can they remember what happened all those years ago, or when they were that drunk?"

Well, then, shouldn't that same argument apply to Kavanaugh's memories of his college days, and the times he went out drinking? This is a perfect example of how, in any sexual assault case, the woman's history is dragged out and she's judged for what she did or didn't do or does and doesn't remember. But we can take the men being accused at their word and don't have to consider their past behavior, apparently.

I just figured out why Graham's voice sounds so familiar to me. He sounds like Beverley Leslie from "Will & Grace".

Anywho, yeah, Graham's an idiot and that little tantrum of his was something to behold.

Lol he does. What a disgrace. Can you imagine if a female Senator had behaved that way? He needs to retire, so do so many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom