US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Trump's giving a press conference right now (it was about trade in general, I believe, I came in towards the end of his speech), and the press is now questioning him about the Kavanaugh hearings.

He claimed the Democrats are con artists and this whole Kavanaugh thing's a con job, and that the Democrats are laughing about this behind closed doors.

Credit to the press, though, they're not letting up on asking some valid, pointed questions.

His press conference just interrupted the local news. He's talking about North Korea now and it's a rambling disjointed ness. As usual.

Now here he goes about con jobs. Russia and Kavanaugh. He's the biggest con job ever, so he knows one when he sees it. I guess.

When we wonder why we are in this mess, I see shit like this and know why. This woman in front of her enthusiastically nodding teenage daughters brushes off unwanted groping. It's internalized misogyny.

[TWEET]1045029337316159489[/TWEET]

Unfortunately she's just one of so many who also overlooked Trump's pussy grabbing and his alleged rape of his first wife and all his other conduct towards women. It is horrifying that she is teaching this to her teenage daughters.

Trump said in his press conference that so many women feel the way that woman does, that's why they're smarter than men. And he also mentioned how many voted for him.

I was sorely tempted to change the channel, if only because his voice was driving me up the wall, but I liked the questions the reporters were asking. Seriously, if for no other reason, Trump should be kicked out of office just for having one of the most obnoxious-sounding voices I've ever heard in my life.

At about 5 pm, though, our local station cut away from the press conference to air the local evening news. The way they cut back into local programming, I kinda got the feeling the station was thinking something along the lines of, "...yeah, so he's not shutting up anytime soon, and we've got other shit to do and talk about, so let's move on."

And there’s another accuser for kavanaugh

1998, DC. Might be easier to count the women he didn’t try to rape

Reddit users are cautioning against giving to much credit to the three additional allegations, as it may be legit fake news attempting to muddy the water.

It was all fun and games until now. Parties, sporting events, ejaculating into a bowl of ice cream and then forcing freshman to eat it. But with everything that’s going on surrounding the Brett Kavanaugh hearing, I’m beginning to wonder if my fraternity membership might ruin my chances of one day being handed a powerful position.

Once you pledge a fraternity, it means you have lifelong friends. It means you never have to sit alone at lunch. It means you force young men to drink vast amounts of alcohol until they die of alcohol poisoning. But does that mean you should be penalized decades later by not getting to be a Supreme Court Justice?

Like most guys living the Greek life, I’ve had the occasional drink, played the odd game of beer pong and forced a guy to drink vodka off my testicles. Those things don’t just erase my aspirations and my sense of entitlement, though. I still have big dreams.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles...ernity-will-hamper-my-future-scotus-prospects

Ha. Good article, that McSweeney's one.

Here's an article from NPR regarding the breakdown of support for either Kavanaugh or Ford by numbers:

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/6516...26&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_term=nprnews

The results aren't really all that surprising in regards to gender and political divides, but this is something worth noting as well:

Kavanaugh's nomination is becoming a voting issue in November's midterm elections. More people say they are likely to vote for someone who opposes Kavanaugh's nomination than supports it by a 37 percent to 32 percent margin. A little more than a quarter (27 percent) say his nomination does not make any difference to their vote.

Not really sure that will mean what you think it could.

Sounds more like the same depressing nonsense. It is a bit paradoxical, but I think those actually represent (non intuitively) the status quo.

32 percent of Trump supporters, 37 percent of never Trump, and 27 percent who don’t have opinions and are shortsighted and gobble up garbage as it is fed to them.

Not really sure that will mean what you think it could.

Sounds more like the same depressing nonsense. It is a bit paradoxical, but I think those actually represent (non intuitively) the status quo.

32 percent of Trump supporters, 37 percent of never Trump, and 27 percent who don’t have opinions and are shortsighted and gobble up garbage as it is fed to them.

I agree that those numbers have confirmed a lot of what we already know. But I do like that the anti-Kavanaugh side is a little higher at this point in and of itself, and depending on how this mess shakes out, it has me wondering if that number could rise at all between now and November. If he does get confirmed, that could further embolden a lot of people to get out to the polls and vote out the people who supported his confirmation.

I dunno. I'm trying to find any slivers of hope where possible, basically :p.

Agreed on your comments about Clarence Thomas, too. I was just a little kid when all that was going on back in the early '90s, but yeah, having seen clips from that hearing and having learned about it since then...eesh. John Oliver had a fantastic interview with Anita Hill on his show a few weeks back that I desperately wish all these Kavanaugh supporters could be required to watch over and over again.

I constantly forget about him and then I'll hear his name and think, 'didn't he die years ago?'

So rumor is that the GOP is throwing out these new accusations to muddy the waters and discredit the real victims.

Reddit users are cautioning against giving to much credit to the three additional allegations, as it may be legit fake news attempting to muddy the water.

So rumor is that the GOP is throwing out these new accusations to muddy the waters and discredit the real victims.

:huh:

we must be living in a simulation that's gone off the rails. the player stopped logging into their game of SimEarth sometime in 2015. that's the only explanation for all of this.

Or maybe the GOP (or the comments section) is actively supporting spreading a rumor that there’s a rumor that the GOO is throwing out these new accusations to muddy the waters and discredit the real victims.

They sure love a conspiracy.

Chuck Grassley sounds like he's (geriatrically) impaired. Thanking her for what she said like 20 mins ago that's unrelated to what she's talking about now, etc.

This woman is totally believable. I believe her 100%. GTFO Kavanaugh. I fully expect he'll be on SCOTUS...may the blue wave result in 100 different investigations of him. Over and over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom