US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What 50+ year old man still has a social calendar from high school?

That has to be the distraction, no? Get everyone talking more about 1) what adult kept a calendar from high school 2) what 17 year old boy kept a detailed calendar in high school 3) who’d write down “friday: get rapey at a party” on their calendar.

All I’m getting out of this is that I’ve been spelling calendar as “calander” and relying on autocorrect to fix it since basically forever (except for that time it let me down and tried to change it to colander).

That has to be the distraction, no? Get everyone talking more about 1) what adult kept a calendar from high school 2) what 17 year old boy kept a detailed calendar in high school 3) who’d write down “friday: get rapey at a party” on their calendar.

All I’m getting out of this is that I’ve been spelling calendar as “calander” and relying on autocorrect to fix it since basically forever (except for that time it let me down and tried to change it to colander).

Yeah, distraction makes the most sense, because NOT writing down a crime in your calendar certainly doesn't prove anything.

Theories
- Rosenstein is the leaker and NYT dudeo
- Rosenstein wants to be fired because it has specific implications now that the cat is out of the bag

Extra popcorn theory:
- Mueller is done, has communicated his final steps with Rosenstein. Thus, Rosenstein knows he can resign now, no need to protect Mueller any further.
:corn:

I doubt there’s anything conspiratorial like that from Rosenstein to Mueller. Mueller, by all measures and understandings, has been a staunch professional about all this.

Yeah, this is straight up misdirection from the Trump admin trying to get Rosenstein to resign, because he's easier to replace that way, than if he's fired, apparently.

I doubt there’s anything conspiratorial like that from Rosenstein to Mueller. Mueller, by all measures and understandings, has been a staunch professional about all this.

Oh, I'm not suggesting any non-professional behaviour at all. Just that in Mueller giving a status update to Rosenstein (who is his superior in this investigation) indicating his work is done. So then Rosenstein knows he doesn't have to protect him anymore. And thus Rosenstein can resign from this clown show.

Sounding like he's still at the White House, even though his meeting with Kelly is over. Hopefully this was just an attempt to get him to resign and they couldn't do it. IDK, I'm sure we'll know better in a few hours what's happening.

Yeah, this is straight up misdirection from the Trump admin trying to get Rosenstein to resign, because he's easier to replace that way, than if he's fired, apparently.

This is what I was originally getting to.

I can’t speak for that specific circumstance, but in general there’s a very big distinction between a resignation and a firing. And the implications for firing Rosenstein are much different than Rosenstein resigning.

So he's going back to the WH on Thursday, during the SCOTUS hearings, ostensibly to get fired? The US really is turning into a Banana Republic. No, not the bland clothing store.

The problem is this is all likely attempted distraction and it's pathetic. No one's distracted, Kavanaugh is right back in the front of the news. You can't distract from something like this, now that the snowball is rolling down the hill.

Kavanaugh is a disaster. I still think the Republicans will go ahead and confirm him. Then you'll get very solemn, maybe even teary-eyed, Susan Collins bemoaning why we can't all get along. This woman needs to be sent packing in 2020.

Like I have said before, the best chance at SCOTUS is to win the 2020 presidency, take back the Senate and ram through a SCOTUS expansion to 11 justices, then nominate and confirm 2 extremely young justices, from as many minority groups as is feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom