US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The entire GOP deserves to go down in flames not just this November, but beyond, and their only choices going forward should be to either do some heavy duty soul-searching and rebrand or something else to that effect, or quietly go the way of the Whigs. Who would replace them if the latter option were to happen, I don't know, but if the GOP wants to keep on this path, they'll become more and more irrelevant.

And as we continue to learn more about just how deep this whole mess with the GOP and Trump went (which we will-I think we're just at the tip of the iceberg with this craziness), then the Democrats, should they win in the midterms and in 2020, need to do everything possible to hold all who were involved accountable, and make sure they're punished for their lack of action and complicity and corruption. And they need to put new rules and laws in place to ensure we never have to go through this kind of crap ever again.

Just...this whole ridiculous nightmare has to end as soon as humanly possible. The GOP has truly lost its mind if it honestly thinks Americans are going to continue to put up with this nonsense for much longer.

re. the law enforcement officers applauding and cheering in Trump's video

are they recognisable figures? i mean, could they be actors/extras, paid to clap and cheer? like at his rallies?

#clutching at straws#

otherwise, that's incredibly disturbing

are they recognisable figures? i mean, could they be actors/extras, paid to clap and cheer? like at his rallies?

#clutching at straws#

Crisis Actors.

And during all of this it was reported that the administration will no side step a 20 year old law and keep these immigrant children locked up indefinitely

So way to go gop resistance fighters!! Way to step in

Even if these people have averted some crisis, they still were ok with locking kids up, tax cuts, trade wars, destroying healthcare, and whatever else i can’t think of

They want to look like they have clean hands when we all know they’re wallowing in shit. Sorry GOP, you all own him, enjoy running on that platform.

Obama is giving a speech, carried live on CNN. It seems like a lifetime ago that he was president. Like truly a million years ago, an entirely different time. It’s just devastating. Apparently he will be campaigning hard on behalf of downticket candidates.

Obama is giving a speech, carried live on CNN. It seems like a lifetime ago that he was president. Like truly a million years ago, an entirely different time. It’s just devastating. Apparently he will be campaigning hard on behalf of downticket candidates.

Agreed. Time has become all warped thanks to this administration.

Glad to hear Obama's going to get out there and help rally the Democrats. Hope it works.

Trump is requesting that Sessions investigate who the op-ed author is in the name of national security. :lol:

Yep. The entire GOP deserves to go down in flames not just this November, but beyond, and their only choices going forward should be to either do some heavy duty soul-searching and rebrand or something else to that effect, or quietly go the way of the Whigs. Who would replace them if the latter option were to happen, I don't know, but if the GOP wants to keep on this path, they'll become more and more irrelevant.

And as we continue to learn more about just how deep this whole mess with the GOP and Trump went (which we will-I think we're just at the tip of the iceberg with this craziness), then the Democrats, should they win in the midterms and in 2020, need to do everything possible to hold all who were involved accountable, and make sure they're punished for their lack of action and complicity and corruption. And they need to put new rules and laws in place to ensure we never have to go through this kind of crap ever again.

Just...this whole ridiculous nightmare has to end as soon as humanly possible. The GOP has truly lost its mind if it honestly thinks Americans are going to continue to put up with this nonsense for much longer.
Let's hope so.

#clutching at straws#

Oh, dear, but not unexpected.
And during all of this it was reported that the administration will no side step a 20 year old law and keep these immigrant children locked up indefinitely

So way to go gop resistance fighters!! Way to step in

Even if these people have averted some crisis, they still were ok with locking kids up, tax cuts, trade wars, destroying healthcare, and whatever else i can’t think of
but if course, remember they are Republicans
They want to look like they have clean hands when we all know they’re wallowing in shit. Sorry GOP, you all own him, enjoy running on that platform.
Absolutely.

Yay, Obama finally spoke up.
It is a general tradition that the previous President doesn't comment on the current President 's actions, unless maybe he agrees
Finally, but a good time to get the ball rolling for 2018 voting.

Omg, yes. Time is stretched out in this painful surreal way! :sad:

My top candidates for Deep State Throat

1. Baron Trump
2. Marlon Bundo
3. Tiffany
4. Mother
5. Some undersecretary in national security that nobody's ever heard of

:lol:

#5 or some other unheard of person!

I call him a half-wit because he does have certain smarts as a poster pointed out , BUT he is SO self-absorbed, selfish, incurious etc that he is half stupid because he doesn"t learn more about people and the world in general unless it fits narrowly into what he's interested in .

Oh, yeah, "The West Wing" meets "Bizzaro World".

Trump is at it again today on Twitter, about the NFL and ratings and kneeling.

The US Army veteran who wrote a letter to Colin Kaepernick, met with him, and suggested to CK that he take a knee during the anthem. The video shows a photo of him with CK, I have no reason to doubt his integrity either after listening to that interview. His name is Nate Boyer. I have zero idea what's happening at the games today, I'm interested in just the game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Whippenz/status/1038850410591571968/video/1

The more he tweets nonsense between now and the midterms the better. He just can't help himself despite Republican strategists and candidates for Congress begging him to shut up.

Remember this ad, which got quite a lot of (positive) coverage when it came out?

She is tied in Kentucky. Amazing. The Republican there is running only negative campaign ads to the effect of "she is a feminist".

Today trump proved he can count to 17 and complimented Rudy G! But no words of remembrance and condolences of the fallen heroes of this tragic day. Thankfully most people will never forget this day of mourning!

He's a damn bag of sewage! :angry:

Anyway-
to all our Ilanders in the hurricanes path be as safe as you can be !! :(
Same for any one's family, friends, colleagues in the area
They're saying maybe it'll turn into a Cat#3 but that 'a still damn scary!

Last edited:
And his first tweets were about attacking the fbi, doj etc. Never mind 911 and the fact that a major hurricane is about to hit! Priorities!

I was watching the Weather Channel earlier this afternoon and they showed a clip of Trump addressing the situation with Hurricane Florence. He made reference to the other hurricanes that hit the U.S. last year and claimed that they got "A+" ratings for how they handled everything with Texas, and talked about how the reason handling Puerto Rico was tough was because of the fact it was an island and things of that sort. But, he claimed, they still did a great job in helping those people.

Yeah. I can't wait to see what kind of "help" he'll offer the people of the Carolinas!

Also, he really does like the word "tremendous".

As for that ad regarding McGrath, it's a good one. I especially liked her comments related to the healthcare issue. Looking up her history, she's got quite an impressive resume. I wish her luck this November.

I can't wait to see what kind of "help" he'll offer the people of the Carolinas!

giphy.gif

Anyway-
to all our Ilanders in the hurricanes path be as safe as you can be !! :(
Same for any one's family, friends, colleagues in the area
They're saying maybe it'll turn into a Cat#3 but that 'a still damn scary!

Co-signed. I have relatives who live in North Carolina, in the Raleigh area. So they could be in real danger with whatever inland flooding may happen.

As for 9-11... :sad:

I unexpectedly had one the worst related to 9-11 experiences 15 yes after the fact.
#Warning#-
while not detailed language, certain general descriptions might bring up bad memories or upset a vivid imagination!

So in 2016 my aunt, an Artist; invited me on her dime to visit and stay (they are transplanted Americans from his work) at her & my uncle's house in a little village in western Switzerland (French speaking area) to make art in her (incredible) studio. It was a glorious experience!

It was also the first time I ever was away from NYC on that day (let alone out of the USA in decades). I wasn't sure how I'd feel, though it was a fairly long time ago by now. Luckily that set of family are generally quite progressive, so no anti-Muslim disparaging, thank goodness!

It's evening their time so it was easy to tune in on my tablet back to NYC to view some of the memorailizing for that day. I also each year look at images from that day either in books, or on-line depending if I have Wi-Fi (I have a few books). From 9/80 thru 8/81 I worked on the 73rd of the NE corner (amazing views) of the South Tower (Tower 2) of which luckily that unit of NYS gov left the towers way before 2001.

I look because it'll always be in some way surreal to me!
It took, hmm, about a decade for me not to ?feel, sense, imagine that The Towers were actually "hiding" behind a patch of blue sky and puffy white clouds waiting to reappear! So I was looking scrolling down pages of small images (many familiar) my search engine was presenting when something catches my eye... wait... what...is... #that#...
is that... what I think... that is?!

I very cautiously zoom in. And, omg...

There was a photo of a smashed person on the ground who must have jumped to avoid the fire! Then a couple of photos looking down some of that area's streets with big splats of dried blood up and down the sidewalks; too far away- luckily- to really see if any else was there.

I was in their living room, my uncle had tv or music on, my aunt may have be working at the far end of dining table on small artworks. It's amazing I didn't gasp out loud in shock! :crack:
Why, how was I seeing this!?? Then it dawned on me; and I don't think everyone knows this. I remembered hearing maybe a few days later that the American Press- print and TV were with-holding the most graphic images and videos from the American public.
While seemingly in Europe (?) a lot of you saw this stuff if you were caught unawares!?

I'd seen hundreds, thousands of it 9-11 photos and not untill that day had I ever seen the graphic ones.
I couldn't tell my relatives - my aunt was not well, and a sensitive soul to cruelty, and violence, my uncle hated the sight of blood. I had keep it in and feel so icky for a bunch of hours.
It was so horrifying. I've seen other terrible photos of war, the Oklahoma bombing ( like the fireman carrying that little baby out of the rubble) etc, that reached to about that level of psychological horror. I guess being on in your own turf ups the ante some .

So I had totally forgotten - since I think I only heard it once about the differences in what Americans and Europeans were seeing that day- and I had been given a German website displaying the photos. Because all of the previous years I'd been looking at American websites or the 9-11 photos. :yikes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom