US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Obama and her man/ape arms are an affront to civilized society, obviously, unlike the vulgarian Trump.

We're only days away from everybody in the Democratic 2020 field being assigned a nickname. Obviously there is Pocahontas already. Kamala Harris is half Indian, so surely some sort of riff on Apu from the Simpsons is on the way. Cory Booker is a black man, but Andrew Gillum took the thief label, so Cory will have to be Tupac. Amy Klobuchar is a drunk, because Brett Kavanaugh said so. He's already labelled Biden as Crazy/Sleepy Joe and Bloomberg is "Little Michael Bloomberg" because he's only 5'8 or something, which matters a lot more than being an actual billionaire.

Democrats have already stated that one of their first acts will be to request Trump's tax returns be turned over by the IRS
:hyper:
Here’s to two years of torturing Trump.
:lol:
Mike DeWine won the governor's race here in Ohio. Damnit. This could end up hurting my health coverage.

I am feeling some ill-will towards the voters in my state. They voted for Trump two years ago. They voted for DeWine tonight. There was also a ballot measure that would've made drug possession and use misdemeanors instead of full on felonies, reduced prison time for those things, and invested money into rehabilitation programs and addiction treatment. It seems to be like a logical, compassionate, empathetic way to tackle the issue of drugs, so of course the voters of Ohio turned it down by a wide margin. Just like they voted down the measure to legalize medical weed two years ago, and just like they never voted to legalize gay marriage.

At least Sherrod Brown soundly won re-election.

We're supposed to be a swing state but it feels pretty red right now.
:(

but glad to hear to hear Sherrod was re-elected (had not heard yet)
Yes.

1) there's still 2 months until the Democrats take over the house, which is plenty of time for Trump to do all sorts of crazy, unchecked things.

2) never underestimate the Democrats ability to shoot themselves in the foot between now and 2020
Heh #1 obviously by the time I read this Sessions was bye-bye. We know this was probably going to happen - but quicker than most thought!
I wish the media was more of a news source versus an entertainment for ratings.

What’s going on in this country is not normal. Yet they treat it like oooh won’t this be interesting!!!

Thank fuck the house flipped but as headache said there’s still another month before congress goes to break.

If Mueller was holding off to not influence the election, now he can release whatever he’s got cause Trump is gonna come after him
Beal- you really need to balance out your commercial media with Public Radio! They treat the things in general that trump does as out-of-the-norm, abnormal, etc.
Fucks sake, and here I thought we could chill for a second.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the story earlier today that Don Jr. Is about to be indicted.
Wow, I missed the Donnie Jr news. :hmm:

And best of luck with your c-section! A happy, healthy baby!

That's good to know, thanks :). Just the sort of backup plan I'd expect.

And I have no doubt that New York is just itching to get at Trump. That could be fun to watch.
:corn: born & bred nyc'r. :D

Also mentioned on public radio that some of Mueller's could be asked to help w any House investigations.
He also mocked Republican incumbents by name who distanced themselves from him and lost last night. Shockingly he was nice about Nancy Pelosi. That won't last long.
As of this afternoon
41 people he campaigned for got +re)elected.
31 " " " " lost.
11 still to be determined.

But remember, calling Trump and those that support him racists and extremists is wrong and bad and us liberals totally shouldn't be doing that 'cause it hurts their feelings.

Seriously, that's disturbing :|.
Yup.
Yep. Just like Michelle Obama, Tomi Lahren tweeted that Michelle needed to sit down. Because she had the nerve to say that her husband was a great President. In what universe does any white person think it's ok to tell an African American person to "sit down"? Not in mine, guess I'm weird like that.
Heh, I'll be weird with you. Disgusting!

Last edited:
Jim Acosta is on with Anderson right now. CNN put out a statement, in it they said that Sarah Sanders lied.

I traditionally have not been a huge CNN fan, but I honestly appreciate the editorial decision that they’ve made as of late to just point out what Trump & Co. say that’s complete bullshit. I guess it makes them a “biased” source but it’s really just reporting reality most of the time.

Better that than forced centrism when one of the sides has gone off the rails to an unprecedented extent.

Sarah Sanders tweeted out a video that she claims proves that Acosta accosted (!) this intern. People are replying that this video was doctored, I guess by Info Wars.

Even if the video isn't doctored-it appears to me that he was raising his arm up pointing his finger and hand up in the direction of Trump while just trying to ask the question. She was trying to get the microphone out of his hand at the same time and this when their arms made contact . It figures that they would make an intern do that too. The next time Trump will probably become completely unhinged and do it himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

Jim Acosta is an ass. And it looks like he did physically touch the intern.

Sorry I can’t defend him on this one.

Even if the video isn't doctored-it appears to me that he was raising his arm up pointing his finger and hand up in the direction of Trump while just trying to ask the question. She was trying to get the microphone out of his hand at the same time and this when their arms made contact .

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

He definitely uses a small amount of force to push her arm down with his, so its more than their arms "making contact". (Assuming video is not doctored)

It was a case of 2 stubborn buffoons going at it. Acosta is not an innocent bystander here, but don't think that it is anywhere near as egregious as Sanders makes it out to be and not worthy of a banning, maybe a short suspension of his privileges. (Perhaps the same for Orange Donnie would do everyone a lot of good.)

Punishing journalists on the basis of trumped up charges is totally not something authoritarian governments do at all.

Jim Acosta is an ass. And it looks like he did physically touch the intern.

Sorry I can’t defend him on this one.
Lol, ok. Gianforte would like a word.

Anyways, yes, video is doctored. As I mentioned yesterday, Acosta does come into contact with the intern, but out of the sheer force of inertia, as he was already gesturing.

The white house video is doctored

Check out @rafaelshimunov’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1060450557817708544?s=09

Jim Acosta is an ass? For what? Daring to persist in trying to get a direct answer to a pretty straightforward question out of the President?

Please. The amount that the general public has allowed the narrative to be shifted is staggering, and depressing. Pressing a president to answer a direct question should be a pretty basic responsibility of the press, not a scandal that leads to a bullshit revoking of access based on a bullshit claim.

Jim Acosta is an ass? For what? Daring to persist in trying to get a direct answer to a pretty straightforward question out of the President?

Please. The amount that the general public has allowed the narrative to be shifted is staggering, and depressing. Pressing a president to answer a direct question should be a pretty basic responsibility of the press, not a scandal that leads to a bullshit revoking of access based on a bullshit claim.

There are plenty of other journalists present in the pool to challenge Trump. Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself (Not to say that Trump isn't a joke himself . . . a more dangerous one.)

Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself

It seems the only reason for this perception is because he consistently refused to back down from trying to get an answer. Personally I think we need more journalists to do the same, especially with the dangerous rhetoric and authoritarian tendencies our president is displaying towards the press.

Nice try, libtard. Blackout Brett has a calendar that proves he wasn’t there.

November 7, 2018

8:00 AM : Breakfast: 4 raw eggs. Black coffee
8:15-8:45 AM Drive to Supreme Court building in big yellow Hummer, blasting Whitesnake
9:00- 12;00 noon: Listen to some boring shit being discussed in courtroom
12:00-1:00 PM: Lunch with Squi at Wendy's (Triple with cheese and a Frosty)
1:00-4:30 PM: Listen to more boring shit in the courtroom
4:30-5:30 PM: Brews in the office, run down hall whooping it up, pushed some old broad who got in the way
5:30-7:00 PM: Applebee's for brews and apps with Mark Judge
7:05 PM: Call wife, late meeting won't be home till 10
7:30-9:30 PM: Devil's triangle at Motel 6 with MJ and KAC.
9:30 PM: Drive Hummer home shattered, park on lawn

Last edited:
AppropriateBraveIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif

It seems the only reason for this perception is because he consistently refused to back down from trying to get an answer. Personally I think we need more journalists to do the same, especially with the dangerous rhetoric and authoritarian tendencies our president is displaying towards the press.

I completely agree that a free press is important to maintain, completely Constitutional and NEEDED.

However, Jim Acosta feels the need to BE the news instead of report the news way too often. He really is a gloryhound. He does try to monopolize pressers way too often. He thinks he's edgy, and the only person in that room heroic enough to ask tough questions, which is completely untrue.

As a reporter, we see his face too often. Stick to reporting the news, not making yourself the news.

As far as laying his hands on the intern, he obviously did it, the severity is what's in question.

Let's treat it like we would anyone else "laying his hands on a woman." Patriarchy? #BelieveHer anyone?

There are plenty of other journalists present in the pool to challenge Trump. Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself (Not to say that Trump isn't a joke himself . . . a more dangerous one.)

Jim has certainly set himself apart from the rest of the WH Press Corps over the last two years. :D

CNN, just give him the political commentary show he's been shamelessly angling for already !

I completely agree that a free press is important to maintain, completely Constitutional and NEEDED.

However, Jim Acosta feels the need to BE the news instead of report the news way too often. He really is a gloryhound. He does try to monopolize pressers way too often. He thinks he's edgy, and the only person in that room heroic enough to ask tough questions, which is completely untrue.

As a reporter, we see his face too often. Stick to reporting the news, not making yourself the news.

As far as laying his hands on the intern, he obviously did it, the severity is what's in question.

Let's treat it like we would anyone else "laying his hands on a woman." Patriarchy? #BelieveHer anyone?

Having watched the undoctored video, I honestly fail to see what he should have done differently — other than be more supplicant.

It’s a little sad to spin this into criticism of #metoo, but ok. That’s what whataboutism is all about.

Having watched the undoctored video, I honestly fail to see what he should have done differently — other than be more supplicant.

It’s a little sad to spin this into criticism of #metoo, but ok. That’s what whataboutism is all about.

Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.

Maybe we need to know more of the process in the WH pressers. If a WH employee, goes to take the mic from a reporter, is the reporter obligated to give it up? Does the WH control the mic?

I would love to hear the details of how this works and the rules/policy etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom