US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the media was more of a news source versus an entertainment for ratings.

What’s going on in this country is not normal. Yet they treat it like oooh won’t this be interesting!!!

Thank fuck the house flipped but as headache said there’s still another month before congress goes to break.

If Mueller was holding off to not influence the election, now he can release whatever he’s got cause Trump is gonna come after him

Other than in New England, of all places. Massachusetts, Connecticut and Vermont all have (or will have) Republican governors.

And potentially Utah, depending on which Mr. Mittens decides to come to Washington.

New England is a place where I’d consider voting for a Republican at times.

Everywhere else: not on your life.

Remember Kim Davis, that clerk in Kentucky who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple? She lost to a Democratic challenger.

People must have been bigoted against her, poor thing. Rigged! Anti religion bias! Maybe Trump has an opening at the WH.

All’s y’all better start talking about statehood for DC and Puerto Rico to balance out the Wyomings in the Senate.

Also, can we merge the Dakotas? I don’t see the point.

Yes.

1) there's still 2 months until the Democrats take over the house, which is plenty of time for Trump to do all sorts of crazy, unchecked things.

2) never underestimate the Democrats ability to shoot themselves in the foot between now and 2020

ahh crap ok :sad:

So she won't share a birthday with Uncle Hewson, awww.

LM is trying to make sure no one shares a birthday with her, now that we sort of have a choice when she's born, lol.

Seeing Rohrabacher lose makes me happy. The thing outside of Florida that pisses me off the most is the fact people voted for an indicted congressman because he ran a horrifyingly racist campaign against his opponent. WTF San Diego.

Rohrabacher losing made me feel at least a little bit better about the general safety of our elections. Putin's man couldn't get it done, and that's got to count for something.

also, i wonder if that baker from Colorado is going to refuse to bake a cake for the new governor's children's birthdays. because religious freedom and junk.

is this for real? :crack:

"Despite dying in October, brothel-owner and reality TV star Dennis Hof just won his election to the Nevada state assembly, writes @NickyWoolf"

https://twitter.com/NewStatesman/status/1060116095414272001

I should google what the name of the dead guy was that beat out John Ashcroft a while back. I feel like reminding everyone I see post that that story today. And maybe adding that hilarious video of him singing about an eagle with it*.

that was real, right? or was that just a daily show joke?

Pretty good. Looks like I'm going to likely be having a C-Section a little early, so baby is going to be here sooner than I expected, but not terribly so.

I had 2 of those - easy breezy, could run a 5K within a month. Don’t listen to the horror stories!

Being away from family is really really hard with young kids. With one you can manage somewhat but with two it’s bad. I refuse to move for that reason alone - can’t put a price on grandmasitting. Try to find friends with young kids around who can help out here and there once you are comfortable leaving her.

The focus needs to turn towards grabbing the trifecta in 2020 by any means possible.

This may be the last chance for the Democratic party to take the Senate and make meaningful changes to ensure that the makeup of the Senate remains fair to all going forward.

I'm talking DC and Puerto Rico statehood - and a serious look at breaking up California.

The Senate model as currently constructed is unsustainable for the future of our nation.

Talking about the reasonable R Governors for a second, I was curious about something having to do with Ohio:

I do recall when the state was bankrupt and in pretty dire straits last time they had a D Governor. Do you suppose that memory was also still fresh in the minds of those who live there, and as a result they were unwilling to change anything with this election either? I don't know much about the candidate, but for all of the things people don't like about Kasich, he did a lot of things right, as well. I'm just wondering if it's actually that big of a deal that Ohio didn't flip there.

I had 2 of those - easy breezy, could run a 5K within a month. Don’t listen to the horror stories!

Being away from family is really really hard with young kids. With one you can manage somewhat but with two it’s bad. I refuse to move for that reason alone - can’t put a price on grandmasitting. Try to find friends with young kids around who can help out here and there once you are comfortable leaving her.
Getting back into running is my #1 goal after this is all over, so thank you for that encouragement :D

I'm actually very lucky in that last regard, three of my friends who live here and are my age all are having kids at around the same time. My friend who had his kid at the beginning of the year has been giving me tons of clothes (they also had a girl) and then my other friend is having one about 4 months after me, so if she also has a girl, I have someone to share the wealth with, so that's really nice. And then another acquaintance will be having their first next summer, so it's like, hey, I definitely have people to at least talk baby with, haha.

Last edited:
One of the highlights of the press conference was when he said that his tax returns wouldn't be released due to a subpoena because he has complex companies and they are undergoing continuous audits. An audit from the beginning of time until kingdom come! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom