US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #881
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,194
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Even if the video isn't doctored-it appears to me that he was raising his arm up pointing his finger and hand up in the direction of Trump while just trying to ask the question. She was trying to get the microphone out of his hand at the same time and this when their arms made contact .

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressSec/...74680991883265
He definitely uses a small amount of force to push her arm down with his, so its more than their arms "making contact". (Assuming video is not doctored)

It was a case of 2 stubborn buffoons going at it. Acosta is not an innocent bystander here, but don't think that it is anywhere near as egregious as Sanders makes it out to be and not worthy of a banning, maybe a short suspension of his privileges. (Perhaps the same for Orange Donnie would do everyone a lot of good.)
__________________

Hewson is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #882
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,520
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Punishing journalists on the basis of trumped up charges is totally not something authoritarian governments do at all.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #883
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,390
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Acosta totally made brief contact with the arm of the person who was trying to forcibly remove the microphone from his hand at the request of the Glorious Cheeto.

He should be dimed and quartered in the square at sundown.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:13 AM   #884
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,194
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Acosta totally made brief contact with the arm of the person who was trying to forcibly remove the microphone from his hand .
Jim AccostHer!

(If Orange Donnie uses this one then we know he reads Interference)
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #885
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,390
Local Time: 03:02 AM
RBG is in the hospital. She fell and broke some ribs - but the headline gave me a minor stroke.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #886
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,194
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Brett K pushed her?
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #887
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,727
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
Jim Acosta is an ass. And it looks like he did physically touch the intern.

Sorry I can’t defend him on this one.
Lol, ok. Gianforte would like a word.

Anyways, yes, video is doctored. As I mentioned yesterday, Acosta does come into contact with the intern, but out of the sheer force of inertia, as he was already gesturing.

The white house video is doctored

Check out @rafaelshimunov’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/s...817708544?s=09
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #888
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Jim Acosta is an ass? For what? Daring to persist in trying to get a direct answer to a pretty straightforward question out of the President?

Please. The amount that the general public has allowed the narrative to be shifted is staggering, and depressing. Pressing a president to answer a direct question should be a pretty basic responsibility of the press, not a scandal that leads to a bullshit revoking of access based on a bullshit claim.
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #889
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,520
Local Time: 04:02 AM
US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Any truth to the rumor that Brett K pushed her?

Nice try, libtard. Blackout Brett has a calendar that proves he wasn’t there.




Also, apparently Donald Jr is just waiting for his indictment.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #890
The Fly
 
Zephyrpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 199
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Jim Acosta is an ass? For what? Daring to persist in trying to get a direct answer to a pretty straightforward question out of the President?

Please. The amount that the general public has allowed the narrative to be shifted is staggering, and depressing. Pressing a president to answer a direct question should be a pretty basic responsibility of the press, not a scandal that leads to a bullshit revoking of access based on a bullshit claim.
There are plenty of other journalists present in the pool to challenge Trump. Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself (Not to say that Trump isn't a joke himself . . . a more dangerous one.)
Zephyrpilot is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #891
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Sarah Sanders should resign.

The White House press secretary knowingly releasing a doctored video is completely unacceptable.

But she'll just lie about it.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #892
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself


It seems the only reason for this perception is because he consistently refused to back down from trying to get an answer. Personally I think we need more journalists to do the same, especially with the dangerous rhetoric and authoritarian tendencies our president is displaying towards the press.
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #893
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,194
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Nice try, libtard. Blackout Brett has a calendar that proves he wasn’t there.


November 7, 2018


8:00 AM : Breakfast: 4 raw eggs. Black coffee
8:15-8:45 AM Drive to Supreme Court building in big yellow Hummer, blasting Whitesnake
9:00- 12;00 noon: Listen to some boring shit being discussed in courtroom
12:00-1:00 PM: Lunch with Squi at Wendy's (Triple with cheese and a Frosty)
1:00-4:30 PM: Listen to more boring shit in the courtroom
4:30-5:30 PM: Brews in the office, run down hall whooping it up, pushed some old broad who got in the way
5:30-7:00 PM: Applebee's for brews and apps with Mark Judge
7:05 PM: Call wife, late meeting won't be home till 10
7:30-9:30 PM: Devil's triangle at Motel 6 with MJ and KAC.
9:30 PM: Drive Hummer home shattered, park on lawn
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #894
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,390
Local Time: 03:02 AM
The absolute last thing we need is for journalists to consent to the president's despicable treatment of them.

The next presser he does the entire press corp should get up at once and walk out.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #895
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,390
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #896
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It seems the only reason for this perception is because he consistently refused to back down from trying to get an answer. Personally I think we need more journalists to do the same, especially with the dangerous rhetoric and authoritarian tendencies our president is displaying towards the press.
I completely agree that a free press is important to maintain, completely Constitutional and NEEDED.

However, Jim Acosta feels the need to BE the news instead of report the news way too often. He really is a gloryhound. He does try to monopolize pressers way too often. He thinks he's edgy, and the only person in that room heroic enough to ask tough questions, which is completely untrue.

As a reporter, we see his face too often. Stick to reporting the news, not making yourself the news.

As far as laying his hands on the intern, he obviously did it, the severity is what's in question.

Let's treat it like we would anyone else "laying his hands on a woman." Patriarchy? #BelieveHer anyone?
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #897
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,211
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
There are plenty of other journalists present in the pool to challenge Trump. Acosta, even before this was at risk of becoming a borderline parody of himself (Not to say that Trump isn't a joke himself . . . a more dangerous one.)
Jim has certainly set himself apart from the rest of the WH Press Corps over the last two years.

CNN, just give him the political commentary show he's been shamelessly angling for already !
Bluer White is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #898
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,520
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
I completely agree that a free press is important to maintain, completely Constitutional and NEEDED.



However, Jim Acosta feels the need to BE the news instead of report the news way too often. He really is a gloryhound. He does try to monopolize pressers way too often. He thinks he's edgy, and the only person in that room heroic enough to ask tough questions, which is completely untrue.



As a reporter, we see his face too often. Stick to reporting the news, not making yourself the news.



As far as laying his hands on the intern, he obviously did it, the severity is what's in question.



Let's treat it like we would anyone else "laying his hands on a woman." Patriarchy? #BelieveHer anyone?




Having watched the undoctored video, I honestly fail to see what he should have done differently — other than be more supplicant.

It’s a little sad to spin this into criticism of #metoo, but ok. That’s what whataboutism is all about.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #899
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,520
Local Time: 04:02 AM
So, like, are we now recounting Florida again? Both Gov and Senate?
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #900
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Having watched the undoctored video, I honestly fail to see what he should have done differently — other than be more supplicant.

It’s a little sad to spin this into criticism of #metoo, but ok. That’s what whataboutism is all about.
Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.

Maybe we need to know more of the process in the WH pressers. If a WH employee, goes to take the mic from a reporter, is the reporter obligated to give it up? Does the WH control the mic?

I would love to hear the details of how this works and the rules/policy etc.
__________________

Gzusfrk is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×