US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #461
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Oh my god this Wohl story is the greatest thing ever

Old 10-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:50 AM
US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

I just want to know how he got Academy Award winner Christophe Waltz to be his financial investigator.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:14 PM   #463
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I just want to know how he got Academy Award winner Christophe Waltz to be his financial investigator.
Fucking priceless
Old 10-30-2018, 05:18 PM   #464
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
well no, you started by talking about people never getting diagnosed and then just assuming they have it because someone told them, then in the very next sentence you accused him straight up of being "just so fucking lazy" and asserted that "people have told them their whole life that it's OK because they just can't concentrate." you know absolutely nothing about this person that would let you make such a definitive assertion like that.

maybe he is exaggerating, maybe he's telling the truth. but none of us have any way of knowing that. people have all sorts of phobias, illnesses, and traumas that get triggered by things that the rest of society would find utterly ridiculous, but that doesn't invalidate the experience that person has gone through.

he's certainly not off the mark when he says that unless something has an immediate or short-term payoff that it's hard to get motivated for, that's not "so fucking lazy", that's like literally one of the main symptoms of ADHD. my brother joe has dealt with this exact thing too, and it's cost him jobs, relationships, money, you name it. everything that person said makes sense and pretty evidently comes from someone who genuinely has to deal with ADHD.

yes i wish he could find a way to deal with it and go vote, i wish everyone could. but nothing he said deserved the response he got here, that's for sure.

anyways, i'm sorry for getting worked up but the replies to that hit a little close to home for me.

Went through and read the entire conversation and you are not wrong that my intent and my words didn't meet. Part of this was out of a personal frustration with what is happening in the US with the over-diagnosis of this disorder. I have some very heavy baggage with this, some personal and it's why I tried in my original response to make it clear that I wasn't trying to say something that you took me to be saying in the end anyways. I failed in my initial post. I hope some of the ensuing interaction made it clearer what my intent was, but I do feel like it got off on the wrong foot and went from there.

I very truly sincerely understand what you are going through with your brother. I go through it all of the time with my step-brother. His life is a shambles. He lets his family down constantly, he's always in trouble, he wants to change and he can't. He's broken my little brother's heart more times than I can count and I hate him for it. I try not to because I know there are struggles causing it, but I'm an imperfect person.

When I see people, like one of my good friends post these types of "lalala, my ADHD caused me to do this today..." things on Facebook, I get (probably irrationally) angry about it. The post Irvine shared felt a lot like that to me. It didn't to you. That's where I was trying to get to with the argument that you and I were arguing anecdotally about our own life experiences. I was definitely turning that person into a representation of a whole, hence why I was trying to express to you that I was not referring specifically to him, despite using him as an example. Again, I probably failed. I spoke rashly out of emotion, instead of forming a cohesive thought. Very likely, even if I had written out how I felt about the comments in that manner, however, we still would have disagreed, and that's OK. But it probably would've been a better conversation.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

thanks for that, i appreciate it. i'm sorry as well for what your family and step-brother have dealt with - i know from experience that how much of a strain on a family that can be. joe seems to be doing well these days but there was a period in his teens and 20s where we were fairly certain he was going to eventually end up either dead from an overdose or suicide, or in jail. he literally couldn't focus on anything, commit to anything, or even finish barely any task he started, and when he wasn't able to complete things he lashed out at the people around him and at himself. at one point it seemed like he had truly given up on the idea that his life would turn out okay and we thought he would try to kill himself. but meeting his wife really helped him turn a corner and now he still has trouble holding down a really solid job but he does seem to understand and is trying really hard to do his best.

i also acknowledge i got heated a bit and if anything i said came off in a personal way please know i didn't mean it like that and i apologize if that's how i came across. no hard feelings here. let's get back on topic.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #466
Blue Crack Distributor

Can we make Canadian jokes again?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Trump calls Andrew Gillum a thief

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/29/polit...lum/index.html
Old 10-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Protesters greet Trump in Pittsburgh. Anyone know of a single other instance of a US President being protested when acting as the consoler in chief? (in the case of Trump that's a major misnomer).
Old 10-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #469
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Protesters greet Trump in Pittsburgh. Anyone know of a single other instance of a US President being protested when acting as the consoler in chief? (in the case of Trump that's a major misnomer).
What's he even going to do there? The synagogue asked him not to come.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:03 PM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor

I am enjoying the shit out of Twitter as #morongate unfolds.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I really, really needed the laugh as apparently did all of twitter, so thank you morons!
Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #472
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
What's he even going to do there? The synagogue asked him not to come.
Since when does he cares what the Jews ask? OK, maybe if it was his daughter and he could focus long enough on what she had to say instead of thinking about doing her.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:24 PM   #473
Blue Crack Supplier

just...
Sure hope no one here has Pittsburg connections.

missing y'all. 20 pgs to catch up.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #474
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Old 10-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier

#morongate?

Ah, yes, Prez Drumph as consoler-in-chief is an oxymoron. Ha, an now I get some of semi-pun there, too. Was like... oh, wait, as began to spell it.

Well, some folks are happy he's there as far as I heard earlier, but I haven't heard yet what the visit was like.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 PM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
This whole generation being told they can't do things because they have "ADHD" (with basically no diagnosis, ever, just adults telling them they do) and living with the expectation that they will be hand-held through life is just infuriating. And it's my generation and I see it in my friends all the time and it drives me nuts. At least my friends vote, though.

That person is just so fucking lazy and people have told them their whole life that it's OK because they just can't concentrate.

(Please note I'm not saying there's no such thing as ADD or ADHD, because it's not what I'm saying at all.)
Lol thanks for the last sentence. As I genuinely have learning disabilities (diagnosed) I struggled through school and struggle through work although most of my coworkers would never think I have learning disabilities. I work my butt off to overcome whatever difficulties I encounter and it pays off.

With that said I agree that this generation (some but not all) uses the ADD excuse to be lazy!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #477
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Lol thanks for the last sentence. As I genuinely have learning disabilities (diagnosed) I struggled through school and struggle through work although most of my coworkers would never think I have learning disabilities. I work my butt off to overcome whatever difficulties I encounter and it pays off.

With that said I agree that this generation uses the ADD excuse to be lazy!

I definitely hope you saw some of the other things I had to say, because in retrospect I very much agree my initial post being the way it was. I apologize if I upset you at all.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
I definitely hope you saw some of the other things I had to say, because in retrospect I very much agree my initial post being the way it was. I apologize if I upset you at all.
No absolutely not, not offended it’s all good, I am happy you clarified. So all good!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #479
Blue Crack Distributor

I hope they turn #morongate into a Cohen brothers movie
Old 10-30-2018, 08:40 PM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I hope they turn #morongate into a Cohen brothers movie
Can somebody provide a Cliffs notes version? Like this is the definition of tl;dr, I tried following it and it's so weird and convoluted I can't make sense of where to even start.