US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictions?

Senate:
D pick ups: Arizona, Nevada
D holds: WV, Florida, Indiana, Montana, Missouri
R pick ups: North Dakota
R holds: Texas

Senate 50-50, tiebreak to Pence. I feel fairly sure about the above with the notable exception of McCaskill in Missouri. I really think that one could go either way.

Back to do House when my daughter (finally) goes to nap.

man, the difference in the mood here between the afternoon of election day 2016 and now is like night and day [emoji38]

Eek don’t get so positive about the senate, I don’t think it’ll happen.

I didn't predict them winning the Senate and I don't think I'm overly positive. Going along with polls and gut feeling. I think it's highly likely that we have 50-50 or 51-49. At most 52-48 GOP. I don't see it swinging differently really...

Predictions?

Senate:
D pick ups: Arizona, Nevada
D holds: WV, Florida, Indiana, Montana, Missouri
R pick ups: North Dakota
R holds: Texas

Senate 50-50, tiebreak to Pence. I feel fairly sure about the above with the notable exception of McCaskill in Missouri. I really think that one could go either way.

Back to do House when my daughter (finally) goes to nap.

Generally agree. My wild card: Tennessee.

I didn't predict them winning the Senate and I don't think I'm overly positive. Going along with polls and gut feeling. I think it's highly likely that we have 50-50 or 51-49. At most 52-48 GOP. I don't see it swinging differently really...

I mean, 50 looks like the likely republican with some 7 tossups. Those tossups appear to favor the Dems, but I’ll hold my breath until then.

The Senate map this year is just about as bad as it could possibly get for Democrats.

As much as I think the Democrats will make huge gains in the House, I do think the Republicans are going to gain a seat or two in the Senate. I sure as shit hope that I'm wrong.

Texas would be the dream flip - but I just can't see it happening.

I honestly think that they're going to gain a couple seats BUT that Texas is going to flip. There's my hot-take.

Just got back from voting here in OH. Wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but then again I went at 2PM, so it was more like lunch hour, the after-work crowd was only starting to show when I left. No doubt it's going to get much more crowded.

I know we're all talking about the House and the Senate, but I feel like we should also be paying attention to all the Governor's races. I'm very confident that we'll take back the House, and I'm equally confident that the Senate is a lost cause this year(I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong). But to me, the Governor's races are some of the tightest and most uncertain, and given the states they're happening, they really matter.

In my state of Ohio, it's Rich Cordray(D) vs Mike DeWine(R). Razor-thin margin here, but it seems like we have a good chance to flip our Governor's Mansion after eight years of Kasich.

The highly-publicized Georgia race between Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp may go to a runoff if neither candidate can get 50% of the vote. Either way, I feel like Kemp is going to pull it off by the slimmest of margins, which would be a bummer. Given the tactics, he's used, he doesn't deserve to be Governor of anything.

It looks like Gillum is going to win against the blatantly racist DeSantis in Florida. He would be Florida's first Democratic Governor in 20 years(Charlie Crist was still an Republican when he was Governor).

Scott Walker's time may finally be up in Wisconsin, as he is in a tight race with Tony Evers. I assume nobody here would be sad to see Walker finally bite the dust.

In Kansas, Laura Kelly is up against Kris Kobach, who is only Governor because Sam Brownback was made an ambassador. Unfortunately, Kobach seems to have a very narrow edge in most polls.

In Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer has had double digit leads over her opponent, Bill Schuette, the current AG of Michigan. This would be a big flip, taking the state back from Rick Snyder, himself disgraced after the Flint water crisis.

Nevada is razor-thin between Steve Sisolak and Adam Lexalt. As with Florida, Sisolak would be Nevada's first Democratic Governor in 20 years.

In Iowa, it's Fred Hubbell vs Kim Reynolds, and it could go either way.

That's eight Governor's Mansions that could be flipped. We probably won't get all of them, but we can get at least half and maybe even five or six of them if things go well. That matters. Especially in states like Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc, having Democratic Governors could end up being important in terms of how the 2020 elections are run in those states.

Also, just to mention two other Governor's races that aren't close at all -

Barring a huge shock, Andrew Cuomo will win re-election as Governor of New York. I guess his that thing he said about America never being that great doesn't hurt him in New York, even if does nationally.

In California, also barring a huge shock, Gavin Newsom will be the next Governor. Newsom has been a rising star, ever since he was the Mayor of San Francisco(one of the first big-name Democrats to strongly support same-sex marriage and the legalization of marijuana), and for the last eight years he's been the Lieutenant Governor under Jerry Brown. I'm a fan, and I've said for years that he's going to run for President some day(not 2020), he's got the looks and the charisma and policies and the ability to excite people.

So yeah, tomorrow the biggest stories will likely be that we took back the House and not the Senate, but these Governor's races matter a lot too, and could end up being a big part of a Blue Wave, if that's what happens.

Excellent point about the governor races as well. I'd be all for discussing those a little more, too.

In Iowa, it's Fred Hubbell vs Kim Reynolds, and it could go either way.

Yeah, this one could get really interesting. Like your mention of Kobach in Kansas, Reynolds is governor now because our former governor, Terry Branstad, became an ambassador as well.

Branstad is kinda like King in that I honestly have yet to meet anyone who actually likes the guy, and yet somehow, he's served multiple years as governor of our state (and not consecutively). A couple years ago he privatized our state's healthcare system. Shocker of shockers, that move has proven to be a complete and total failure, and people here have been very unhappy both with how this healthcare mess has all played out, and how Reynolds, upon becoming governor, has responded to the situation.

So between that and the fact that she hasn't fought back more against Trump, which has also frustrated many here, and the fact that Hubbell's been running a pretty strong campaign, I'm really curious about how this one will play out tonight.

I've probably let myself get a little too optimistic about Governor's races because of a few articles I've read this week, but it does seem like a lot of best outcomes are within reach there.

Well I see 30+% reporting in Florida whereas I see 2% reporting on Washington Post, so that might be your answer.

Right, that's my question, where is CNN getting that much more of a # from over the other two? I don't really know how that part works.

Keeping an eye on KY-6. Amy McGrath is a fantastic candidate with the best ad of the election season IMO. If she takes this district in KY that's huuuuuge.

Barbara Comstock will need to be surgically removed from Trump's ass now that she's been booted from Congress.

Right, that's my question, where is CNN getting that much more of a # from over the other two? I don't really know how that part works.

Well I’m fairly certain the way they get the numbers is by having troops on the ground who report the results. So chances are CNN and Fox News have the most affiliates out there, and since this is only the midterms, WaPo etc. probably aren’t paying to get the results live ??*♂️ just a guess.

Well I’m fairly certain the way they get the numbers is by having troops on the ground who report the results. So chances are CNN and Fox News have the most affiliates out there, and since this is only the midterms, WaPo etc. probably aren’t paying to get the results live ??*♂️ just a guess.

I like and appreciate your guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom