US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get too cocky now . . . :hmm:

Hehe I am not! It’s more like wishful thinking. In fact I think it’s going to be a very tight race in many places sadly! But if I see a race that the democrats win big, it will make me very happy! Sadly I don’t think we will see a “blue wave”. Only Tuesday will tell.

Last edited:
Which race is everybody most interested in tomorrow?

Beto has great drama, and seeing someone as loathsome as Cruz being put in their place would be deeply gratifying.

I’d like to see Dana Roerbacher — “Putin’s favorite congressman” — go down for national security reasons.

My heart hopes for Stacy Abrams.

But I’ll be watching the east coast returns to see if Democrats start making pickups in NY, PA, and VA. If those go, the rest of the night should be good.

If not, well, we’ll see.

Trump spent all of last week making excuses and blaming everyone but himself (Paul Ryan, the MAGA Bomber & anti caravan shooter, the 1990 Detroit Pistons)... so he knows that the house is all but lost.

There was never a realistic shot at the Senate for Democrats - not enough seats in swing States up this go around.

Of course the presidency was all but lost in 2016 for the Republicans as well, and... ya know...

Likely scenario - Democrats take back the house by decent margin, Republicans keep the Senate (and possibly add a seat or two). Democrats add a decent amount of governorships. Trump fires sessions on Wednesday and burns down whatever he can between now and January.

The Democrats taking both houses would probably be more shocking than Trump's win in 2016.

There doesn’t appear to be any realistic chance of democrats taking the senate. But then again, it wasn’t ever really supposed to be close. They were always likely to lose seats, given the races they had coming up.

Beto has great drama, and seeing someone as loathsome as Cruz being put in their place would be deeply gratifying.

I’d like to see Dana Roerbacher — “Putin’s favorite congressman” — go down for national security reasons.

But I’ll be watching the east coast returns to see if Democrats start making pickups in NY, PA, and VA. If those go, the rest of the night should be good.

If not, well, we’ll see.

Agreed on all of this, and I'll add Nunes. I know that's an even longer shot than Beto, but damn, I'd love to see him go down. I've been doing my own personal GOTV with my family who live in Nunes' district.

Agreed on all of this, and I'll add Nunes. I know that's an even longer shot than Beto, but damn, I'd love to see him go down. I've been doing my own personal GOTV with my family who live in Nunes' district.

I don't think anything would please me more than Nunes losing.

I would say Nunes losing is more satisfying than Ted Cruz losing.

Ted Cruz is a mega scumbag with abhorrent views, but Nunes legitimately appears to circumvent truths and serve his leader with no regard for the consequences. He’s a bitch boy.

I keep trying to remind myself that even if Nunes loses, if the Dems get the house, he loses his chair position, and then can hopefully be investigated, so it's not all bad.

But Nunes is not losing. Don't worry, I'm not naive.

I'm anxious to see what happens with Steve King here in Iowa tomorrow. Please, please, please, dear God, let him lose, and lose big. If nothing else of note happens tomorrow, I at least want to see him go.

I'm with the rest of you that it'd take a miracle at this point for the Democrats to take the Senate. But I would certainly be very pleasantly surprised if it were to happen.

If not, well, we’ll see.
I agree w this (saves me typing :D )

I think I heard (re public radio) NJ and one other SE State as a bellweather race over last few days.

I'm anxious to see what happens with Steve King here in Iowa tomorrow. Please, please, please, dear God, let him lose, and lose big. If nothing else of note happens tomorrow, I at least want to see him go.

I'm with the rest of you that it'd take a miracle at this point for the Democrats to take the Senate. But I would certainly be very pleasantly surprised if it were to happen.

:giggle: you beat me to point out Steve King who was exactly who I thought of right after the people Irving mentioned.

Nunes I haven't followed much as a bunch of other of the Republicans.

I would amazingly thrilled if the Dems take the Senate as well- but not counting on it. As for The House I'm hoping for 30-33 seats that the Dems get, a nice cushion.
What am I saying - I'll be thrilled if/when The Dems take back The House!!!I

I hope Sherrod Brown gets re-elected, but he's in a tough race.

I saw U2 back in the end of June but I swear it feels like over a year+ re trumptime. :sad:

Last edited:
I would say Nunes losing is more satisfying than Ted Cruz losing.

Ted Cruz is a mega scumbag with abhorrent views, but Nunes legitimately appears to circumvent truths and serve his leader with no regard for the consequences. He’s a bitch boy.

Say what you will... but as someone who voted in Texas, I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I’ll be if Cruz loses tomorrow.

I could’ve voted in Texas given my lack of permanence in any location in the last three years with Texas being the last place I had my own address, but I chose to cast my vote in Florida.

From here on out it’s Virginia though.

If anyone starts you (us here) giving you guff about Dems being verbally violent - just remind then that Newt Gingrich started the uber nasty verbage slinging back during the "contract with America" era when he drew up a list of invectives for all Republicans to use against Dems
I was very pleased when Terry Gross either rebroadcasted, or made a new show about this very thing which aired a few days ago (radio).

Last edited:
I could’ve voted in Texas given my lack of permanence in any location in the last three years with Texas being the last place I had my own address, but I chose to cast my vote in Florida.

From here on out it’s Virginia though.

Sounds like you’re enjoying that mid-20s wildly-transient permanently-existentially-uncertain life too? ;)

Sounds like you’re enjoying that mid-20s wildly-transient permanently-existentially-uncertain life too? ;)

Or maybe routinely in crisis.

But both, really. This is the end of all the wild for a little bit. People don’t go wild in northern Virginia.

Hannity actually went on stage with Trump in Missouri after saying he wouldn't be campaigning for Trump there. Then he said all the other media there was fake news.

He should just quit Fox and go to work in the WH. Tough contest to say who is a bigger suck up to Trump-Hannity or Donnie Jr.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-sean-hannity-rally-missouri_us_5be109dce4b01ffb1d057c43
I see they don't even care about the paper thin 4th wall between tv network and state propaganda anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom