US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS.

:| :scream: :crack:

I just could not get to free WiFi after I was here for the earlier stages Soros, and the next 2 (cold out here heading home).

Oh wait yeah, CNN.
That was really crazy for me it brought back memories of a bomb scare I was part of (target).
Around 1978ish I was working for a small magazine publishing house. It was the years of :| Anita Bryant (big homophobe!). One of magazines they published (gone, I believe) was After Dark- a sort of multi-featured, and gay party magazine.
One day someone called in a bomb threat, and the whole building was evacuated.
The kicker???
It was 10 Columbus Circle - the previous building that the Time Warner (where CNN is - used to have a big sign up) building replaced.

I got more and more angry over these few days and while I'd be angry anyway but I think. I was extra angry because no one should or have to go through this shite! (And that was my 2nd experience)

Man, I missed being w you folks While all this was happening! :sigh: I'll have 7+ pages to catch up on!
Be well, be safe!

Last edited:
So sorry, Trump supporters, you don't get to shy away from this one. Trump's nasty rhetoric inspired this guy. And he and his supporters have to acknowledge and answer for that fact.

True
They are cultish. Remember Trump could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and nobody would care? Self reinforcing delusions are dangerous

2 African Americans were gunned down in a grocery store in a hate crime

13 pipe bombs we're sent to political opponents of the President

11 people were killed in an anti-Semitic attack on a bris

A congressman took a meeting with a far right European group that has its roots in Nazi Germany

The white nationalist Proud Boys were invited to speak at the New York conservative society. And then beat up protestors in the streets after

A host on a major tv network defended wearing blackface for Halloween

The President declared himself a nationalist

This is all just October.

A congressman took a meeting with a far right European group that has its roots in Nazi Germany

The white nationalist Proud Boys were invited to speak at the New York conservative society. And then beat up protestors in the streets after

I had not heard about these two stories. Wow. Lovely. Which congressman had that meeting?

Seriously, is there an end to this nightmare coming at some point soon here, or...?

Oh, god, I was afraid it'd be Steve King. That's the dumbass who represents my district here in Iowa. If nothing else, I at least want him out of here come November 6th. He's scary as hell.

As for that Proud Boys group, gee. What a charming bunch.

“We want to foster civil discussion, but never endorse violence,” club officials said. “Gavin’s talk on Friday night, while at times was politically incorrect and a bit edgy, was certainly not inciting violence.”

Yeah, screw that noise. They clearly knew exactly what they were getting by inviting those guys there. Stop with the playing dumb act, guys, you aren't fooling anyone here.

Also, regarding King's mention of Soros, so throughout this week I've been seeing this ad for a race up in Minnesota in which the GOP candidate makes a big thing out of how Soros is supposedly funding the Democratic candidate and pushing those "extreme liberal ideas" of his. I'd been seeing that ad before this week, but the fact that they didn't pull it after everything that happened with Soros and this bomber just further speaks to how morally bankrupt the GOP clearly is.

Last edited:
Like I said, he needs to go sometime before 2020. Preferably by the end of this year if at all possible.

Also from that article...

Seeking to “renew the bonds of love and loyalty that sustain us as Americans,” the president offered to “tone it down just a little bit.” That elicited cries of “Noooo” from some in the crowd, who later started the oft-repeated rally chant of “lock her up” after a mention of Hillary Clinton.

Remind me again why we're supposed to give a shit about Trump supporters and their feelings?

(Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing this much hatred for somebody who lost an election before. These people desperately need to get over themselves.)

Wow. If something isn't about him it's time to move on. Even a mass murder in a synagogue. Trademark of a pathological narcissist. Yesterday right after it happened he kept repeating to the reporters how he was going to meet with farmers, wtf. Me me it's all about me! He's so lacking in human empathy. I think the only person he feels empathy for is himself.

Last night he was tweeting about Dave Roberts taking Rich Hill out of the game. No sense of what's appropriate Presidential behavior and decorum.

I was out very late last night in a very gay/queer space. It was also in the safest neighborhood imaginable for gay/queer films.

For the first time, I felt genuinely unsafe. Nothing happened, a good time was had by all. But there’s the growing sense of something coming undone, despite Pulse and Parkland and everything else. It’s this past week or two that I’ve become genuinely mildly unnerved and despondent at what the future could hold.

I'm sorry you felt that way, Irvine. I wish you didn't have to. I fully share your fear. I just wish we could have some kind of guarantee there'll be an end to this insanity coming soon.

I am glad that you and the others who were there did manage to have some fun regardless, though. I think that's the perfect kind of "fuck you" message to send to these assholes.

In terms of what to do going forward, should the Democrats win control of Congress, since the impeachment process can be tough (not saying they shouldn't push for it, mind, just saying it isn't an easy one), at the very least, it'd be great if they could find a way to muzzle Trump as much as possible while he remains in office. Take away access to his phones and Twitter account, 'cause he clearly can't be trusted to handle them properly, and let somebody who can be trusted with them, if such a person exists, take control going forward.

(I'd love it if Twitter just cancelled Trump's account altogether, but unfortunately, I doubt they'll be able to do that, given he's the president. Perhaps they could cancel his family's Twitter accounts, at least? Especially Don Jr.'s?)

And if possible, prevent him from doing any more rallies, be they for himself or any Republican politicians. If anyone in the GOP needs to run for any sort of office that opens up going forward, let them try and do it without Trump's help for a change. I would suggest holding back on letting him do interviews and press conferences, too, but he's not very big on those to begin with, 'cause "fake news" and all, so...

I don't know how likely it would be for them to do any of this, mind, but if any of it can be done on some level, they should definitely try and make it happen. Anything to keep him from further helping to fan the flames of nasty rhetoric.

You know how in high school you’d learn about history and wonder how people could allow fascism to take hold and what you would do in a similar situation? Well, fascism is back (if it ever really left), and now is our chance to do something about it.

(I actually think, like in many previous examples, things will get a lot worse before people actually react, but eventually the pendulum will swing the other way. Unfortunately millions of people will have to suffer first.)

Yeah, I've been keeping tabs on that, too. Horrifying. God forbid there be any sort of good political news right now, apparently.

Bluer White, I assume your blank post is some sort of commentary on something-care to elaborate?

Sure, Moonlit. I liked your thoughts on how political speech should work in our country, and wanted to highlight it.

I mean, I'll concede that my post and my suggestions are awfully dramatic and largely borne out of my frustration that Trump can continue to spout his horrible views and never seems to suffer any sort of consequence for it whatsoever.

But I think this past week just further proved that somebody should do something of some sort to at least try and rein him in. It's clear that his rhetoric is emboldening a lot of dangerous people-and they're not even hiding that fact. The pipe bomb guy had his support for Trump splashed all over his van. The synagogue shooter may have been dismayed with Trump, but he still mentioned MAGA in one of his rants. The neo-Nazis and white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville made clear they were proud Trump supporters.

And Trump himself is openly advocating and endorsing violence against those he doesn't agree with as well. He supported a politician who beat up a reporter, he shares tweets that show wrestling memes involving him beating up CNN, and his response to the murder of that journalist in Saudi Arabia has been troubling, to say the very least. People feel unsafe now because of his inflammatory rhetoric.

And forget about the use of his Twitter in terms of free speech-his internet/phone access is proving dangerous in terms of spies apparently listening in (remember when the GOP supposedly gave a shit about security concerns when it came to Hillary and her e-mails? Funny how I'm not hearing a peep from them when it comes to the security risks involving Trump).

Like I said, ultimately I would prefer he just be kicked out of office altogether, and I hope that happens (and I will note that if he does get kicked out, his rhetoric would be the least of the reasons as to why). But if it doesn't, then I think we do need to find some other way to address this issue. Maybe not on the level mentioned in my earlier post, but still. Our leaders cannot, should not, be out there encouraging that kind of violence.

I mean, I'll concede that my post and my suggestions are awfully dramatic and largely borne out of my frustration that Trump can continue to spout his horrible views and never seems to suffer any sort of consequence for it whatsoever.

But I think this past week just further proved that somebody should do something of some sort to at least try and rein him in. It's clear that his rhetoric is emboldening a lot of dangerous people-and they're not even hiding that fact. The pipe bomb guy had his support for Trump splashed all over his van. The synagogue shooter may have been dismayed with Trump, but he still mentioned MAGA in one of his rants. The neo-Nazis and white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville made clear they were proud Trump supporters.

And Trump himself is openly advocating and endorsing violence against those he doesn't agree with as well. He supported a politician who beat up a reporter, he shares tweets that show wrestling memes involving him beating up CNN, and his response to the murder of that journalist in Saudi Arabia has been troubling, to say the very least. People feel unsafe now because of his inflammatory rhetoric.

And forget about the use of his Twitter in terms of free speech-his internet/phone access is proving dangerous in terms of spies apparently listening in (remember when the GOP supposedly gave a shit about security concerns when it came to Hillary and her e-mails? Funny how I'm not hearing a peep from them when it comes to the security risks involving Trump).

Like I said, ultimately I would prefer he just be kicked out of office altogether, and I hope that happens (and I will note that if he does get kicked out, his rhetoric would be the least of the reasons as to why). But if it doesn't, then I think we do need to find some other way to address this issue. Maybe not on the level mentioned in my earlier post, but still. Our leaders cannot, should not, be out there encouraging that kind of violence.

If you had a leftist military you could have Coup take him out of power.

But you have “oath-takers” even with retired military that would die for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom