US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it’s wrong, but polls have Johnson ahead. And Wisconsin under polled GOP votes (famously) in 2016 and 2020.

Sure but just like the underpolling in 2016 and 2020, there were polls that said otherwise. This isn’t Texas where every poll says one thing. In Wisconsin, we will know the results on Election Day.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1581328061857165312?s=46&t=c5kxoIS4pL1v4nnGO_3SNg

Society is so broken when this is how you define hope

I really don’t get how Democrats can compete when you have a moronic country that’s influenced by a moronic press that now serves as entertainment or sport.

In no functional world could a human being with such mental issues, lies, and skeletons in closet even sniff holding a position in government. Let alone vote on policy to affect millions of people who didn’t even want him there.

How do you fix this ?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1581328061857165312?s=46&t=c5kxoIS4pL1v4nnGO_3SNg

Society is so broken when this is how you define hope

I really don’t get how Democrats can compete when you have a moronic country that’s influenced by a moronic press that now serves as entertainment or sport.

In no functional world could a human being with such mental issues, lies, and skeletons in closet even sniff holding a position in government. Let alone vote on policy to affect millions of people who didn’t even want him there.

How do you fix this ?

bUt At lEAsT hES nOt a DEmoCrAt

Who said he’s going to win?

He may he may not, but the polls have shifted significantly. Because Johnson came out with the old tried and true black man loves crime argument.

Being a Wisconsin native I can attest to one thing. You have the rural repub vote and the well to do, very white suburbs are filled with polite racism.

So Johnson is now a couple points ahead on the average which is bad news for Barnes in a place like WI

He may he may not, but the polls have shifted significantly. Because Johnson came out with the old tried and true black man loves crime argument.

Being a Wisconsin native I can attest to one thing. You have the rural repub vote and the well to do, very white suburbs are filled with polite racism.

So Johnson is now a couple points ahead on the average which is bad news for Barnes in a place like WI

Agreed. I don’t see Barnes winning. Northern Wisconsin is racist as all hell. I think Evers will hang on but it’ll be close.

Sure it’s not a nice turn in recent polls. My point (that is probably a lost cause since I can’t control the way people act) is that the more you talk about the future like it’s a done deal when it’s not, the more likely it will come true.

Take my home state of Florida for example. Democrats abandoned Florida after 2016. Even with said abandonment, Rick Scott won with only 0.12% to spare. Ron DeSantis won with 0.4% to spare. That’s 8x and 2x the closeness required to trigger an automatic recount. Yet Florida is now a “red state” because of the ensuing further retreat of democrats. Biden pretty much wrote off the state for 2020. Trump won. It’s still a very evenly divided state, but the continued retreat will concede the state permanently if everyone keeps insisting it’s a red state and the future is a forgone conclusion.

So glad that the media has learned its lesson from 2016/2020.

Listening to MSNBC keep talking about how well Deputy Hershel Walker did at the debate because he didn't poop himself and people could sorta understand some of the words coming out of his mouth.

I’m afraid that’s coming to a majority of states within the next 2-3 years.

You feel so bad for those people. Just getting on with their morning and to have the cops show up….and even be sympathetic to them

Former President Donald J. Trump signed a document swearing under oath that information in a Georgia lawsuit he filed challenging the results of the 2020 election was true even though his own lawyers had told him it was false, a federal judge wrote on Wednesday.

The accusation came in a ruling by the judge, David O. Carter, ordering John Eastman, the conservative lawyer who strategized with the former president about overturning the election, to hand over 33 more emails to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Judge Carter, who serves with the Federal District Court for the Central District of California, determined that the emails contained possible evidence of criminal behavior.

“The emails show that President Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong but continued to tout those numbers, both in court and to the public,” Judge Carter wrote. He added in a footnote that the suit contained language saying Mr. Trump was relying on information provided to him by others.

October 2016:

I'm tired of DC politicians

It's time we try something different. I think Donald Trump would shake things up and probably be good for the country.........

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1583452541073133569?s=46&t=iCMhnAeM8uFTUSG-qdS68w

It feels like the Dems believe all they have to do is hold the line for another decade and this MAGA thing will disappear

Yet there’s a chance MAGA wins out in two weeks and they’ll never even have a chance to make a policy change for a generation.

I don’t get why the fear. You know if Mitch was presented with this same choice, they’d have already upped the debt limit number.

Our society is so ADD that this news of lame duck reconciliation would be forgotten in a day. The GQP would howl and moan, but then they’d get back to the real threat. Hunter Biden

405 freeway Los Angeles

Ffv4bGzWIAE5ucI.jpg

Shame on everyone who promotes and supports Kanye West and his bigotry and anti Semitism

Remember back when he said George Bush doesn't care about black people?

Yes Kanye has mental health issues and is being exploited by people like Tucker Carlson, who all of a sudden is a Kanye fan. And according to this Forbes article Chris Cuomo interviewed/exploited him too.

I know most people understand that having mental illness doesn't make you wear White Lives Matter shirts or MAGA hats or spout anti Semitic tropes and beliefs. What he is doing is very dangerous for Jewish people, Hitler salutes on a freeway overpass are just the beginning. Yes it obviously exists and will exist without Kanye, but he's dangerous all the same and not just to himself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2022/10/21/kanye-wests-anti-semitic-controversial-behavior-heres-everything-hes-said-in-recent-weeks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom