US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/shanegoldmacher/status/1577285631260397572?s=46&t=f9yDDc_AyLqXzdnqJkutmQ

Remember when Al Fraken had to resign immediately, without any sort of defense on his part due to a photograph of him pretending to grab a pair of tits ? As well as a few accusations that again, he never had a chance to defend ?

And yet the GQP side they could literally shoot someone and the party would shrug and say, what about “semi fascists!!!”

i don't really think it's newsworthy at this point that the GOP will support the republican candidate publicly.

where they spend their money is more newsworthy.

Sorry, could have expanded. Didn’t he deny this ? Didn’t he vote in their election ? I thought these would disqualify him

I don’t know. In general I think it’s appropriate for someone holding high office to relinquish their citizenships for other countries, but the criticism of showing preference to another country is easily mitigable by circumstances. If one is merely born and by default has citizenship in another country, that’s more than enough of a mitigating circumstance.

Does he actively demonstrate preference to another country? No, I don’t think so. And no I don’t believe voting in another country’s election is in any way disqualifying. That could be perceived as showing preference though. But it’s not literally disqualifying.

You have

Walker — Insane, violent, and baby daddy + abortion

Oz — Turkish citizen, New Jersey resident, fraud, and puppy killer / abuser

Masters / Vance — Billionaire paid con men, say whatever MAGA wants to hear

Lake — literally insane

Aside from Masters, it appears all of these GQP are heading for victory.

It’s like America decided every election cycle that no matter who’s in charge, we must change it to the other party. Even if we know that change will completely hinder or even destroy any progress made

Walker just exploded. His son is burning it all down right now.

I don’t see Oz winning either. Maybe they torture puppies in New Jersey, but the folks of PA won’t stand for that right now.

. Maybe they torture puppies in New Jersey,

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f49424333504f78487335475661413d3d2d313138323630313334372e3136636361386661303234623430313339363238313739373139382e676966

Here’s the concerning part (too)

Even if the Dems win, it’ll be a onslaught of lawsuits, court challenges, refusing to concede.

This is the playbook for GQP going forward.

We will all have to hope that the courts and judges are as logical and impartial as they were with Trumps election court battles.

We have one party that operates in bad faith and nothing more. Abortion is murder…..but it’s ok as long as we get a senate seat.

When we win, perfect election. We lose, and we will do whatever it takes to overthrow

This isn’t a sustainable democracy

Here’s the concerning part (too)

Even if the Dems win, it’ll be a onslaught of lawsuits, court challenges, refusing to concede.

This is the playbook for GQP going forward.

We will all have to hope that the courts and judges are as logical and impartial as they were with Trumps election court battles.

We have one party that operates in bad faith and nothing more. Abortion is murder…..but it’s ok as long as we get a senate seat.

When we win, perfect election. We lose, and we will do whatever it takes to overthrow

This isn’t a sustainable democracy

That's more distraction and not reality though. No lawsuit will actually work. At some point, the Dems need to become more aggressive, and the public will start to grow tied of the GOP's antics.

Gore and Abrams had legitimate cases. When they were ruled against, they conceded.

Neither contested the election based on blatant and obvious lies, nor did they encourage their supporters to commit violence against the proceedings.

Gore also went on to preside over the official counting of the electoral votes, confirming Bush as president. As opposed to, ya know, asking his armed supporters to march on the capitol.

Hillary did not contest the 2016 election.

But you already knew this.

Last edited:
It is always fair to contest an election when the margin of error is close to or greater than the difference in results. Regardless of your party.

Two of those three won the popular vote as well.

As others said, it’s not so much the contesting as it is the lack of evidence, the calls for violence, the actual violence, and the continuation of claims that all elections are rigged (except when we win)

OPEC cutting back which is of no surprise. What is surprising is why we continue to send arms and $$ to Saudis

I'd hate to see his "Yeah But" post after Trump is arrested. Gonna be really tough to find a Democratic President that got arrested.

It was all the plan of the Deep State. Let Donald Trump win the EC and become President. From there the DS could attack him with multiple impeachments, covid, and then steal the 2020 election from him.

Then they raided his home in Florida. Brilliant long con. We only lost minorities rights, damaged the economy, environment, and potentially ruined our democracy to achieve this.

It was all the plan of the Deep State. Let Donald Trump win the EC and become President. From there the DS could attack him with multiple impeachments, covid, and then steal the 2020 election from him.

Then they raided his home in Florida. Brilliant long con. We only lost minorities rights, damaged the economy, environment, and potentially ruined our democracy to achieve this.

We should really give Hunter Biden credit for being such a brilliant mastermind, especially with being under the influence so frequently.

Do you know anything?

I do. I know when Democrats question election results, refuse to concede, call the Republican victor illegitimate and say the election was stolen from them, that they are supported, celebrated, and cheered on as being champions for democracy.

Fine- forget Gore, Hillary, and Abrams. They're just the easy ones. I could have easily posted Dick Durbin, Maxine Waters, Jimmy Carter, Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Jerry Nadler, Jesse Jackson, Dianne Feinstein, Raul Grijalva, John Lewis, Ted Lieu, Sherrod Brown, Eric Holder, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Tom Harkin, Ted Kennedy, Terry McAuliffe, Karine Jean-Pierre, and more. All of which have made statements about elections (either 2000, 2004, or 2016) being stolen or illegitimate.

I was simply responding to this from BEAL:
"Even if the Dems win, it’ll be a onslaught of lawsuits, court challenges, refusing to concede."

Fast-forward a month. You see Stacey Abrams conceding graciously when she loses? Beto? Charlie Crist? I personally don't. And if they don't, they won't be called out on it. They will be cheered on, including by most of you in this thread. The hypocrisy is astounding.

And by the way, all of this coming from someone who thinks Joe Biden won the election, and (as in 2016) doesn't want Trump to be our next nominee. But sheesh- look in the mirror a bit. And whoever it is in this thread (I'm too lazy to go check) that keeps mockingly talking about Hunter Biden's laptop- you actually think that's what is motivating Republicans? You need a reality check. Look at who your President and Vice-President are. How fucking embarrassing to have these two extraordinarily inept, completely lost (in Biden's case, literally) buffoons leading your party. How the Democrats will win any elections next month with these two as their leaders is baffling.

I do. I know when Democrats question election results, refuse to concede, call the Republican victor illegitimate and say the election was stolen from them, that they are supported, celebrated, and cheered on as being champions for democracy.

Fine- forget Gore, Hillary, and Abrams. They're just the easy ones. I could have easily posted Dick Durbin, Maxine Waters, Jimmy Carter, Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Jerry Nadler, Jesse Jackson, Dianne Feinstein, Raul Grijalva, John Lewis, Ted Lieu, Sherrod Brown, Eric Holder, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Tom Harkin, Ted Kennedy, Terry McAuliffe, Karine Jean-Pierre, and more. All of which have made statements about elections (either 2000, 2004, or 2016) being stolen or illegitimate.

"Even if the Dems win, it’ll be a onslaught of lawsuits, court challenges, refusing to concede."

Fast-forward a month. You see Stacey Abrams conceding graciously when she loses? Beto? Charlie Crist? I personally don't. And if they don't, they won't be called out on it. They will be cheered on, including by most of you in this thread. The hypocrisy is astounding.

And by the way, all of this coming from someone who thinks Joe Biden won the election, and (as in 2016) doesn't want Trump to be our next nominee. But sheesh- look in the mirror a bit. And whoever it is in this thread (I'm too lazy to go check) that keeps mockingly talking about Hunter Biden's laptop- you actually think that's what is motivating Republicans? You need a reality check. Look at who your President and Vice-President are. How fucking embarrassing to have these two extraordinarily inept, completely lost (in Biden's case, literally) buffoons leading your party. How the Democrats will win any elections next month with these two as their leaders is baffling.

do you think any of the people you named will participate in a plot to try and overturn their election, promote obvious falsehoods, and incite political violence towards anyone who stands in their way?

oh - and do all of that while knowing full well that they lost?

i'll hang up and listen.

do you think any of the people you named will participate in a plot to try and overturn their election, promote obvious falsehoods, and incite political violence towards anyone who stands in their way?

oh - and do all of that while knowing full well that they lost?

i'll hang up and listen.

So... you missed this part of my post, apparently. Here- I'll make it bold for you so it's easier to see:

I'm not talking about January 6th. Most people aren't.
I, as I stated, was responding to the attack on Republicans from BEAL, suggesting that Republicans, in the races they lose, will challenge, refuse to concede, etc. The goal of my post was to say to this increasingly small echo chamber that is FYM- "And Democrats won't?" Somehow it's a fatal attack on democracy when Republicans do, but a patriotic fight when Democrats do. Interesting.

Sorry that confused you.

And whoever it is in this thread (I'm too lazy to go check) that keeps mockingly talking about Hunter Biden's laptop- you actually think that's what is motivating Republicans?

That's me, and yes I do because that's all that Republicans talk about anytime politicians in their party actually commit crimes.

So... you missed this part of my post, apparently. Here- I'll make it bold for you so it's easier to see:

I, as I stated, was responding to the attack on Republicans from BEAL, suggesting that Republicans, in the races they lose, will challenge, refuse to concede, etc. The goal of my post was to say to this increasingly small echo chamber that is FYM- "And Democrats won't?" Somehow it's a fatal attack on democracy when Republicans do, but a patriotic fight when Democrats do. Interesting.

Sorry that confused you.

you seem confused as well, as everything i referred to happened before january 6.

the fake elector plot happened before J6.

election workers - even republican government leaders - were harassed and threatened with violence before J6. that continues to this very day.

the falsehoods - that continue to be pushed by official GOP accounts - began before the election even took place.

surely you're able to acknowledge a stark difference in legitimate protesting of election results vs. the alternate reality republicans are currently living in. there is no separating the 2020 presidential election from what beal said - because republican led state legislatures have actively worked to make it easier for what they tried to do in 2020 to actually happen.

republican candidates have openly stated that they will not trust the results of the election (unless they win) BEFORE VOTING EVER TAKES PLACE. this is ripped straight from the trump playbook - going back as far as 2016.

surely you see the difference between that and, say, the hanging chads of the 2000 election. or protesting irregularities in a race where the winning candidate was also the acting secretary of state (and thus oversaw the election of himself).

no? ok.

J6 was merely one act in what has become trump / gop doctrine. if you lose - just lie and say you won.

there is zero issue with filing a protest to an election if you feel there are legitimate issues with the results - from either party. in fact, if you feel you were wronged you SHOULD protest the results.

saying you're going to protest the results in advance, before voting has even taken place, if you lose? yeaaaa that's a horse of a different color.

but you know that.

Last edited:
yes, in 2000 there were court cases regarding the hanging chads in FL. We know how that worked out.

In 2004, there were rumors or even possible evidence (I haven't the time to look it up for sure) of voting issues in Ohio. Some Dems openly called for investigations, court challenges, but in the end OH still went to Bush.

In 2016, I think there were calls to investigate some states like WI, MI, etc as the counts were extremely close and of course losing to Donald Fucking Trump would drive anyone insane.

In all of these cases, there were Dems calling for audits/courts. In the end, they all respected the transfer of power. They aren't STILL whining about ohhhh the rigged 2004 election!!!! We won OHIO!!! Unfair!!

The other difference. Democrats weren't openly stating that the elections were rigged BEFORE the voting. There of course is concerns of SCOTUS and State rulings that disenfranchise voters, and those have gone to the courts (and some of them have won!), but Democrats still play by the rules that are set.

Unlike the SOS of multiple states, openly claiming they will not respect the will of the voters, instead they would choose their own electors based on complete bullshit claims of fraud.

Lastly, no Democrat has every led a violent coup attempt against it's own government.

See the difference between the two parties?

If anyone ever had a case about a stolen election, it’s Al Gore.

But to his great credit, he accepted the result when a 5-4 SCOUTS HANDED bush the election.

It was a perfect example of how to fight fairly and within the law, and also to accept a result for the good of the country.

It couldn’t have been any more difficult than what happened in 2020.

Again, what a series of embarrassing posts.

Sorry that confused you.

you are a deeply stupid person if you genuinely believe that's a valid comparison.

though we both know you're just trolling here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom