US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah ho ho I sure bet all you fucking libtards are having some serious regrets that your guy has to deal with the ramifications of the worst presidency in American history! Suckerrrrrrs!

It was ok for Trump to blame all his woes on Obama, but now everything is Biden's fault and has no relation to Trump's failures. Funny how that works.

You know what they say, the best tourist events are the ones where officers die.

I love how at one point he talked about barricading the door. Call me crazy, but if you have to barricade a door to protect yourself and others, then it's not a simple orderly "tourist" sort of walk through the Capitol, is it? What a dumb fuck.

The Democrats in office have a hell of a lot more restraint and grace than I do, because I'd be sorely tempted to deck assholes like Clyde for their appallingly horrific comments about the attack. Their lives were on the line and they have to listen to bullshit like this from people who have no business being in Congress.

Seven years and financial ruin seem to fit the crime. Dude really believed he was doing patriotic work and wouldn’t be punished

I hope this is the first of many that end up in prison.!

I also hope there's a whole mess of GOP politicians who'll be following them right into those jail cells. Hawley, Cruz, Boebert, et al need to be next on the list.

The whole world looking at the US in envy re: vaccination efforts and reopening and the conclusion is that Biden has run the country into the ground.

Heckuva take. :applaud:

it is a wise move on all of your parts to be so obsessed with what the republicans are doing, that you speak nothing about what the democrats are doing.

The democrats hold all three branches of government, they are in leadership, have only been for less than four months, and our country is going from one disaster to another.

Border crisis, unemployment crisis, pipelines getting hacked, inflation crisis, gas shortages, russia and iran flexing again, and where’s pedo joe? Where’s kamala? Where’s pelosi? Where’s schumer?

Biden won’t take “impromptu “ questions from reporters, if he takes any at all. Psaki is a “circle back” joke.

The public is once again being reminded what weak democrat leadership looks like, and how we are screwed until someone can come in and fix it.

And it’s been less than four months. China is happy though!

And no more mean tweets! I didn’t like trump either, but i agreed with most of his policies because they worked! Worked for america and americans.

But go ahead and blame the republicans when the democrats are in charge of everything!

Lots of buyer’s remorse out there. You got what you voted for.
lol

The whole world looking at the US in envy re: vaccination efforts and reopening and the conclusion is that Biden has run the country into the ground.

Heckuva take. :applaud:

Well facts and reality are so easily distorted these days. Every day I shudder to think where the US would be in terms of covid if that clown was still in the WH.

Hello everybody [emoji112]

It is a wise move on ALL of your parts to be so obsessed with what the Republicans are doing, that you speak NOTHING about what the Democrats are doing.

The Democrats hold ALL three branches of government, they are in leadership, have only been for less than four months, and our country is going from one disaster to another.

Border crisis, Unemployment crisis, pipelines getting hacked, inflation crisis, gas shortages, Russia and Iran flexing again, and where’s Pedo Joe? Where’s Kamala? Where’s Pelosi? Where’s Schumer?

Biden won’t take “impromptu “ questions from reporters, if he takes any at all. Psaki is a “circle back” joke.

The public is once again being reminded what weak Democrat leadership looks like, and how we are screwed until someone can come in and fix it.

And it’s been less than four months. China is happy though!

And no more mean tweets! I didn’t like Trump either, but I agreed with most of his policies because they worked! Worked for America and Americans.

But go ahead and blame the Republicans when the Democrats are in charge of everything!

LOTS of buyer’s remorse out there. You got what you voted for.

This is fantastic. I’ve been gone for a year, and I was looking for a quick summary of the right’s talking points, but nothing detailed or bogged down with facts, just a quick synopsis. I kinda thought I’d have to read a dozen or so posts in order to get caught up, but you did it all in one very concise post, thanks.

It’s like you crammed a year’s worth of Charlie Kirk’s tweets in a few sentences. You sprinkled some QAnon in there, you touched upon China’s happinesses, and how everything was about some mean tweets. And I’m really glad it came from someone objective and not some Trump fanatic, that was very important to me.

I appreciate the intelligent, engaging, and realistic approach you bring to this forum.

Hello everybody [emoji112]

This is fantastic. I’ve been gone for a year, and I was looking for a quick summary of the right’s talking points, but nothing detailed or bogged down with facts, just a quick synopsis. I kinda thought I’d have to read a dozen or so posts in order to get caught up, but you did it all in one very concise post, thanks.

It’s like you crammed a year’s worth of Charlie Kirk’s tweets in a few sentences. You sprinkled some QAnon in there, you touched upon China’s happinesses, and how everything was about some mean tweets. And I’m really glad it came from someone objective and not some Trump fanatic, that was very important to me.

I appreciate the intelligent, engaging, and realistic approach you bring to this forum.

Oh man, you totally missed election night where we all thought Trump was going to win for a few hours!

Oh man, you totally missed election night where we all thought Trump was going to win for a few hours!

Don’t fall for the theater, Trump did win. Pastor Locke and Lin Wood are on the case and the truth is coming soon.

But seriously, I probably couldn’t have handled it, I basically had to remove myself almost completely from politics for awhile. The stress of starting my own business, an 11 going on 17 distance learning at home 24/7, pandemic life, etc. was all a bit much for me. Trump, conspiracy theorists, and general cult ignorance all had to be removed from my life for awhile or I’d be a white haired, malnutritioned, angry man 24/7. Luckily I was able to minimize the spread of white hairs only to my beard, and have gotten back to a healthy weight.

:uhoh:

A Florida politician considered key to the investigation of Rep. Matt Gaetz agreed to cooperate fully with federal prosecutors and, if needed, to testify in court, as he admitted in a lengthy written plea agreement that he paid a minor to engage in sex acts with him and others, according to a copy of the document filed Friday.

Hope you like the color orange, Gaetz.

We know he does...

AR-200309973.jpg

I believe one of the first things they teach you in How To Be A Disingenuous Bastard 101 is that if you're going to call the people who stormed the Capitol "regular tourists" that you need to first make sure there aren't photos of you trying to make a makeshift barricade in the House Chamber.

https://twitter.com/pennstatetom/status/1393382541130936324?s=19

The Dems better stop playing nice and open the damn Jan 6 commission now.

Quit playing politics like it’s 1975. The minority party is trying to fucking kill you.

The GQP have mobilized in the States with voter suppression laws and nothing has stopped it.

The Dems need to remember they have the power in government right now, people elected them to make changes, not bipartisanship. When Repubs win it’s never about working with democrats, it’s about passing their agenda

2022 will be here before we know it and unless federal response is made to the States voter laws, and the narrative isn’t about how one party wants a violent overthrow of government, we’re gonna have a Speaker MTG in 2024

The Dems better stop playing nice and open the damn Jan 6 commission now.

Quit playing politics like it’s 1975. The minority party is trying to fucking kill you.

The GQP have mobilized in the States with voter suppression laws and nothing has stopped it.

The Dems need to remember they have the power in government right now, people elected them to make changes, not bipartisanship. When Repubs win it’s never about working with democrats, it’s about passing their agenda

2022 will be here before we know it and unless federal response is made to the States voter laws, and the narrative isn’t about how one party wants a violent overthrow of government, we’re gonna have a Speaker MTG in 2024

here's the problem - they don't have power.

no, seriously. they don't.

manchin has power. the republicans have power. the democrats have the appearance of power.

you're not going to overturn decades of just being god awful at politics in one election. the GOP still has too much control at the state and local level - and unless the filibuster gets overturned - which it won't - it's not going to change anything.

they need to continue to pick away over the next few election cycles - running the right candidate in the right seat in order to unravel all of this. yes, that means running moderates in purple states. you can run the most liberal candidates you can find in the deep blue districts. but if you can't bend a little in the purple districts, you're going to lose. and you'll be stuck in this cycle forever. you need to undo what has been done before you can start anew.

it's not ideology. it's winning. before you can make true change you need to win, and win big. you need real control if you want to make real change. I understand the argument against and frustration with incrementalism. i really do. but if you want to make real, lasting change then you need to have real and total control. the democrats simply do not have that. not yet, anyways.

it's also going to take a shit ton of work on the ground to drive people out despite the new laws looking to make it harder. no excuses about voter suppression. none. turn out the vote anyways. is it awful? yes. is it unamerican? yes. is it anti-democratic? yes.

but they're in charge. want to change it? get rid of them and change it. work harder. turn people disillusioned by what the GOP has become who may have otherwise stayed home by running purplish candidates in their districts. drive the people out. make what they're trying to do not matter - take control, and then you can fix it yourself. angrily jumping up and down and pointing at an obvious problem won't fix it. winning despite all obstacles will.

now I do agree with you on the January 6 commission. i agree with the biden's stance of not giving the former occupant of the white house any oxygen. fuck him and his whole fucking family.

but they can not let the GOP enablers still in power simply whitewash it away as if it were nothing. the heat must be turned up. everyone needs to remember what happened on january 6. it would be a mistake to let it slide as an afterthought - because eventually something worse will happen.

alas - ultimately 2022 (and 2024) will turn on one thing and one thing only. the same thing it always turns on. the economy. if we're booming in 2022 and 'rona is a thing of the past? if we're seen on the world stage as a key part of ending the pandemic globally? if we've entered into a roaring 20s type recovery?

guess what. the democrats will do very well in 2022.

if there's a blip - if there's some sort of economic turmoil, or if the vaccines wear off and we're going back into shut down?

then the republicans will do very well in 2022.

they have nothing else to run on. the success or failure of the economy and the recovery from the pandemic is the only real issue they have to run on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom