US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1392471732372574212?s=21

GQP going all in on the crazy

Not that Liz was a great politician, she voted down Trump lines over 90% of the time.

Policy aside tho, have to give her credit for standing up against Trump and her party in this moment. Policy can be debated, manipulated, but the truth cannot.

This is a big warning shot to democrats and democracy, authoritarian rule is knocking on the door. What can you do to stop it ?

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1392471732372574212?s=21

GQP going all in on the crazy

Not that Liz was a great politician, she voted down Trump lines over 90% of the time.

Policy aside tho, have to give her credit for standing up against Trump and her party in this moment. Policy can be debated, manipulated, but the truth cannot.

This is a big warning shot to democrats and democracy, authoritarian rule is knocking on the door. What can you do to stop it ?

Yeah, I'm very hesitant to label Liz as a hero mostly because I wouldn't be surprised if she's doing this for a potential Presidential run. But...I am thankful that at least someone is being loud enough to keep saying "Hey, the rest of my party is fucked up". If anything I can't see how this doesn't hurt the GOP as a whole.

She is 100% angling or a post-Trump future.

She's well connected and obviously comes from a capable family. Dick Cheney was an asshole but he was a competent asshole, which is a massive difference from the dingbats with (R) next to their name now.

I just think that the genie is too far out of the bottle for the GOP at this point. The Liz Cheneys and Mitt Romneys of the world can't control the Trump base and can't get them to fall in line either.

Where things are going there won't even be a chance to debate policy or the merits of government work because the entire focus is going to be keeping one party from destroying it all.

The Cheney's, Bushes, and any other of the GOP who've spoken out against Trump's lies are not people that we'd normally agree with anything (based on their voting history, and what they've done to the country and world) but we absolutely need them on our side in this moment in time.

Where things are going there won't even be a chance to debate policy or the merits of government work because the entire focus is going to be keeping one party from destroying it all.

The Cheney's, Bushes, and any other of the GOP who've spoken out against Trump's lies are not people that we'd normally agree with anything (based on their voting history, and what they've done to the country and world) but we absolutely need them on our side in this moment in time.

Very true, because even if that side can slice 10-15% of Republican voters away from the Trump Party, come midterms and 2024, it's just going to make it that much harder for Trump to get elected again (or Hawley or whatever nut they nominate).

Theres talk of pre GQP members splitting off and forming their own party. This would be a good thing at this moment in time.

It would kill any chance of this cult taking over government, with Republicans basically conceding the next few elections to Dems in order to build up their new party.

But will it happen ?

Then there’s things like this

https://twitter.com/glennkesslerwp/status/1392243252955320320?s=21

The GQP have no plan to win elections fairly anymore. They don’t have the demographics and they’ve only once in the last eight elections won more votes in the Presidential.

What we are seeing is their only move, voter suppression, intimidation, throwing out votes, and gerrymandering

I don’t get why this isn’t such a priority for democratic leadership.

Yeah, either the GOP finds a way to reform itself without the crazies involved, or if it can't do that, it needs to just die as a party altogether. It certainly can't continue as it currently exists.

And what happens when Trump dies? That's another weird thing about all this, Trump isn't exactly a spring chicken, and isn't in the best of shape. But this is the guy they're forming their cult around, and betting their futures on?

Then there’s things like this

https://twitter.com/glennkesslerwp/status/1392243252955320320?s=21

The GQP have no plan to win elections fairly anymore. They don’t have the demographics and they’ve only once in the last eight elections won more votes in the Presidential.

What we are seeing is their only move, voter suppression, intimidation, throwing out votes, and gerrymandering

I don’t get why this isn’t such a priority for democratic leadership.

It is. The problem is that we have a very slim majority, and people like Manchin causing bumps along the way. The Democrats want this stuff passed, the issue is figuring out how to work around the roadblocks we're dealing with to ensure it gets passed.

When Trump dies there is Donnie Jr, Ivanka, Eric, Lara, Tiffany, grandchildren. They're the new Kennedys!

In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Crimealot

Seven years and financial ruin seem to fit the crime. Dude really believed he was doing patriotic work and wouldn’t be punished

I hope this is the first of many that end up in prison.

I also hope that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers get labeled a terrorist group and are disbanded like we did with ISIS (shut down their internet access, funding, and charged with crimes where applicable).

Unfortunately the GQP have already white washed the events of January 6th, so a third or more of the country believes it was BLM or Antifa behind the attack. Or worse that it was just a giant tourist trip that turned deadly cause the capital police killed a woman who just wanted to say hi to Nancy!!

Seven years and financial ruin seem to fit the crime. Dude really believed he was doing patriotic work and wouldn’t be punished

I hope this is the first of many that end up in prison.
!

Again, that Tweet has not been verified by anyone. There is no evidence that Barnett took a plea deal.
His last court appearance, his lawyer (being paid for, not a PD) refused the plea deal offer saying it was too harsh.

It is a wise move on ALL of your parts to be so obsessed with what the Republicans are doing, that you speak NOTHING about what the Democrats are doing.

The Democrats hold ALL three branches of government, they are in leadership, have only been for less than four months, and our country is going from one disaster to another.

Border crisis, Unemployment crisis, pipelines getting hacked, inflation crisis, gas shortages, Russia and Iran flexing again, and where’s Pedo Joe? Where’s Kamala? Where’s Pelosi? Where’s Schumer?

Biden won’t take “impromptu “ questions from reporters, if he takes any at all. Psaki is a “circle back” joke.

The public is once again being reminded what weak Democrat leadership looks like, and how we are screwed until someone can come in and fix it.

And it’s been less than four months. China is happy though!

And no more mean tweets! I didn’t like Trump either, but I agreed with most of his policies because they worked! Worked for America and Americans.

But go ahead and blame the Republicans when the Democrats are in charge of everything!

LOTS of buyer’s remorse out there. You got what you voted for.

abb1188ed8fd31fd46f2c8cd78abc55e.jpg

Last edited:
While I’m clearly obsessed with gazoos frick, I am not sure what he means by me being obsessed with Republicans. I actually don’t give a shit what they’re doing. Weasels.

It is a wise move on ALL of your parts to be so obsessed with what the Republicans are doing, that you speak NOTHING about what the Democrats are doing.

The Democrats hold ALL three branches of government, they are in leadership, have only been for less than four months, and our country is going from one disaster to another.

Border crisis, Unemployment crisis, pipelines getting hacked, inflation crisis, gas shortages, Russia and Iran flexing again, and where’s Pedo Joe? Where’s Kamala? Where’s Pelosi? Where’s Schumer?

Biden won’t take “impromptu “ questions from reporters, if he takes any at all. Psaki is a “circle back” joke.

The public is once again being reminded what weak Democrat leadership looks like, and how we are screwed until someone can come in and fix it.

And no more mean tweets! I didn’t like Trump either, but I agreed with most of his policies because they worked! Worked for America and Americans.

But go ahead and blame the Republicans when the Democrats are in charge of everything!

You're so bad that even Tucker Carlson would scrunch his face and say "Why do we care what Gzusfrk says anyway?"....but...it would at least be entertaining if you bullet pointed all of the issues you listed above and provided specific details and evidence as to how/why the Democrats screwed them up.....but nah....you won't do it because you most likely copied the content in your post from some Facebook meme you saw this morning.

giphy.gif

Biden is polling at a great percentage currently, and most of it is due to his handling of covid.

America is opening up piece by piece and this summer should be a blast. Now, let's hope we continue at our vaccination pace (or even higher) to help reduce a return to chaos this fall.

Economy is doing pretty well and that tends to help Presidents poll well. Unless you're Trump who never really got over 50% cause he was just a horrible person.

It must be tough living in a scared, delusional state of mind. Actually it's scary for the rest of us in reality, cause the living in fear types own all the damn guns

I don't know a single person who voted for Biden and is now thinking to themselves "well, damn, I wish I'd voted for Trump!" In fact, I can't even recall seeing one pop up online.

I don't know a single person who voted for Biden and is now thinking to themselves "well, damn, I wish I'd voted for Trump!" In fact, I can't even recall seeing one pop up online.

Very true, even phillyfan126 hasn't gone that far.

Right.
Biden's biggest promise and most important task at the beginning of his administration was to straighten out vaccine distribution to begin to get Covid under control. He promised 100 Million shots in his first 100 days and ultimately doubled that promise to 200 Million, then exceeded that goal.
The biggest issue facing the US (and of course the world) at election time was the pandemic. Biden's administration has outperformed the goals they set in handling it thus far. The public's biggest concern is being addressed successfully by the new administration. Other things like the economy fall in line once Covid gets under control (a simple concept that Trump simply could not grasp, he insisted on trying to put the cart before the horse).There is no buyer's remorse amongst Biden voters.

Yes there is a crisis at the border that needs to be addressed. Tough to undo decades of lack of immigration reform in the midst of a pandemic.

Yes unemployment is a big problem. Would like to know the numbers when Trump left office vs now. Because you can't fix unemployment when a pandemic is still affecting the economy. I have seen economists say that inflation is happening because of increased demand for products and services due to huge improvement in the covid numbers. Me, I'd rather deal with inflation than just let people die while pretending covid doesn't matter. New claims filed numbers reported today were an improvement.

How Biden is responsible for a private pipeline company being hacked is beyond me. I suppose Fox News says he is. Read today that the company had serious issues with their cybersecurity for quite a while. Perhaps they cheaped out on that in favor of profits.

Newsflash-when people hack your elections and you refuse to do anything about it for four years, well hacking in general is going to become more enticing. Especially by a group with alleged Russian ties.

Now that Biden has saved us from COVID, the actual biggest threat to the country is the base of the Republican Party itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom