US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I am just SO incredibly shocked about the news regarding Gaetz.

I hope he has a long, miserable road of legal battles/prison time ahead of him.

Mark of the beast, omg

Sacramento Bee

Georgia Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene took to Facebook blast “vaccine passports” as a means of control and “corporate communism” in a video streamed live.

In an 18-minute video streamed March 29, 2021, Greene criticized what she said was the Biden administration’s plan to document all vaccinated people. An edited portion of the video is seen above.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on the same day that there would be no federal mandate requiring vaccines nor vaccination credentials, nor will there be a centralized universal federal vaccinations database.

“It’s still fascism, or communism, whatever you want to call it, but it’s coming from private companies,” Greene said. “So, I have a term for that. I call it ‘corporate communism.’ ”

Greene said “corporate communism” and vaccine passports would destroy people’s HIPAA rights.

“Is this something like Biden’s mark of the beast? Because that is really disturbing and not good,” Greene said in the livestream. She also tweeted the sentiment.

The lawmaker also said coronavirus vaccines and masks should be a choice in the video.

Can she be the next one to get the fuck out of Congress? Please?

Awesome :up:. Let's get it all out there in the open.

"corporate communism" is right up there with "liberal fascism" on the list of phrases that instantly mark someone as an ignorant dumbass :lol:

Hey all, did you know that the ship that was stuck in the Suez Canal is full of trafficked children? Cause Hillary's Secret Service name is Evergreen. Q

Maybe Matt Gaetz knows something about that.

So Nestor's a cuck and Gaetz is a bull?

Would have assumed it was the other way around.

My guess is Gaetz is into Nestor *and* unnamed 17-year old female. Probably at the same time. He gives off swinging door vibes rather than Falwell Jr cuck vibes.

This must have been quite an interview

to relate his situation to Carlson, Gaetz also brought up the fact that the Fox host faced a false accusation of rape two decades ago.

Gaetz said: "I'm not the only person on screen that has been falsely accused of a terrible sex act. You were accused of something that you did not do. So you know what this feels like. You know the pain that it can bring to your family. It just puts people on defence when you're accused of something so salacious and awful. But it did not happen. It is not true. The fact that it is the basis of an attempt to extort my family tells a lot."

Carlson replied saying: "You just referred to a mentally ill viewer who accused me of a sex crime 20 years ago. And of course, it was not true. I never met the person."

He then added: "I do agree with you that being accused falsely is one of the worst things that can ever happen," before asking Gaetz about the allegations against him and the basis of the original investigation.

Gaetz said: "I only know what I've read in The New York Times. I can say that actually you and I went to dinner about two years ago. Your wife was there. I brought a friend of mine. You'll remember her and she was actually threatened by the FBI, told that if she wouldn't cop to the fact that somehow I was involved in some pay for play scheme that she could face trouble."

Carlson responded by saying: "I don't remember the woman you are speaking of or the context at all, honestly."

He behaves like a trust fund kid. Dad has always bailed him out and he’s failed upward.

Little surprised that the Bar DOJ approved the investigation into him since he was the biggest Trump cheerleader in Congress. Of course this very thing could be the reason why he was a cheerleader...

Trump is a mob boss and his entire career and Presidency was about favors.

Here’s to Matt getting what he deserves.

Looks like Beavis is too dumb even for the Tuck.

Butthead, not Beavis...

lReoCW6.jpg

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Gym Jordan is Beavis....

EpYT2mSW4AApjvQ.jpg

He behaves like a trust fund kid. Dad has always bailed him out and he’s failed upward.

Little surprised that the Bar DOJ approved the investigation into him since he was the biggest Trump cheerleader in Congress. Of course this very thing could be the reason why he was a cheerleader...

Trump is a mob boss and his entire career and Presidency was about favors.

Here’s to Matt getting what he deserves.
Trump is not a mob boss.

You know the guy who sold wigs in Goodfellas? That's Trump.

He's mob adjacent.

Matt’s out on the house floor showing nudes and videos to other members of congress

And they just shrug their shoulders??

Those members should be reprimanded too, if not expelled (don’t care which party they belong to).

Katie Hill had to resign over her personal life

Matt’s out on the house floor showing nudes and videos to other members of congress

Those members should be reprimanded too, if not expelled (don’t care which party they belong to).

I get that but at the same time I think it’s a little more complicated than just blowing the whistle. I could see where the reps he showed just rolled their eyes and said “not touching that one” and because of how Gaetz acts not wanting to have their names attached to any scandals. Doesn’t necessarily make it right but I kind of get it.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/04/02/john-boehner-book-memoir-excerpt-478506

a highlight

Under the new rules of Crazytown, I may have been Speaker, but I didn’t hold all the power. By 2013 the chaos caucus in the House had built up their own power base thanks to fawning right-wing media and outrage-driven fundraising cash. And now they had a new head lunatic leading the way, who wasn’t even a House member. There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless asshole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Senator Ted Cruz.

Matty is just a member of the boys club.

There have been reports about sexual harassment in Congress, including on the floor of both the House and Senate. So why would they call out Gaetz for that?

So gross

Insider.com

A New York Times report about a Justice Department investigation into GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida includes an allegation that the lawmaker took the drug ecstasy before sexual encounters.

The Times report, published Thursday, described several unnamed sources as saying Gaetz had paid women for sex. Two sources told The Times that some of the people involved, including Gaetz, had used ecstasy beforehand.

Gaetz has denied ever paying for sex and has said that all the allegations against him are false.

During his time in Florida's Legislature, Gaetz advocated requiring recipients of public assistance to pass a drug test.

"I strongly support drug-testing for welfare recipients," Gaetz said in a tweet in March 2011, when he was in Florida's House of Representatives. "Applying for welfare is voluntary, if you don't want to get tested don't apply."

In May 2011, Florida's Legislature passed a bill to require state welfare applicants to undergo and pass a drug test to be eligible to receive benefits. Gaetz supported the bill, which was signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott.

In October 2011, a federal judge blocked the bill, and it was eventually ruled unconstitutional because it violated the ban on unreasonable searches and seizures. After appeals, the law was dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom