US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #81
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/joshdorner/statu...431808000?s=21

And this is why Fox will spend the next two years only focusing on this stupid shit.

The country wants this.

Now get Joe M to buckle on min wage. Want to show the minority communities thanks for busting their asses to save democracy

Raise their pay
Minorities are the only ones making minimum wage? That’s a rather racist assumption.

I thought a program providing “opportunity zones” for poorer communities to enact job training, better living situations, and a focus on upward mobility (which everyone has the chance to achieve, and happens every day) would be a better, healthier plan than just paying workers who aren’t good enough employees to earn raises, promotions, or have the drive to work a higher paying, entry level job, and work your way up.

You know, how anyone who has grown in their careers and livelihoods has done.

Instead, continue to reward mediocrity i.e. the Democrats platform

Old 03-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Minorities are the only ones making minimum wage? That’s a rather racist assumption.
yup, and nobody else here other than you was stupid enough to make that rather racist assumption.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I thought a program providing “opportunity zones” for poorer communities to enact job training, better living situations, and a focus on upward mobility (which everyone has the chance to achieve, and happens every day) would be a better, healthier plan than just paying workers who aren’t good enough employees to earn raises, promotions, or have the drive to work a higher paying, entry level job, and work your way up.

You know, how anyone who has grown in their careers and livelihoods has done.

Instead, continue to reward mediocrity i.e. the Democrats platform
Old 03-11-2021, 12:04 PM   #84
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:25 PM
18 states (and DC) comprising over half of the United States' workforce have already approved minimum wage increases ranging from $12 to $15. As always, it's a plurality of flyover states representing a minority of Americans that's holding things back.

A minimum wage increase would make a dent in the gender pay gap, as roughly 6 in 10 people who would benefit are adult women. Still a long way to go as far as top earners are concerned, of course.

https://www.epi.org/publication/why-...-minimum-wage/
Old 03-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
18 states (and DC) comprising over half of the United States' workforce have already approved minimum wage increases ranging from $12 to $15. As always, it's a plurality of flyover states representing a minority of Americans that's holding things back.

A minimum wage increase would make a dent in the gender pay gap, as roughly 6 in 10 people who would benefit are adult women. Still a long way to go as far as top earners are concerned, of course.

Let’s see if i do this right

Are you saying women aren’t equals to men ? How sexist of you and the Democratic Party!!!
Old 03-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post

The only shot will be to introduce a gradual increase like the article you linked mentions.
Jumping from $7.25 straight to $15.00 is a big shock to the system of some small employers in those flyover states, so there's pretty much no chance of it going through as a one time hike all the way to 15.
But something has to get done, no increase in 12 years, I assume even in rural most areas of some of these states the cost of living has increased since 2009. To not account for that is criminal.
Possibly also consider some outside the box thinking for a lower than $15 minimum wage for teenagers so some jobs normally held by high school kids (baggers at supermarkets, fast food places etc.) can remain at a bit lower wage (not $7.25 though, maybe like $12.50 or so until you reach 18 or something) to make the increase more palatable to those sectors of business.
Can't imagine how anyone could consider less than $300 a week before taxes anything close to a living wage no matter what area of the country you live in.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 PM
US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

Hold on everyone, the good Christian is here to tell you his sincere feelings on how you’re the real racists!! Just doing the lord’s work.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:25 PM
Quote:
Dude. Stop.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

It amazes me (although it shouldn't) that while it is possible to make a cogent argument against minimum wage based entirely on economics, gzus has to always, and I mean always, rely on the old tropes of lazy freeloaders who don't deserve $.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

Ye, then gzus said unto the poor, lift thyself up by thy bootstraps and get a better job.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

For only the lazy and undeserving shall be poor or hungry
Old 03-12-2021, 02:42 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
and a focus on upward mobility (which everyone has the chance to achieve, and happens every day)
There's a huge body of research that shows upward mobility to be the exception, not the rule. Not only in the US. But the idea that anyone can make it easily is demonstrably a myth. So I agree, there should be a stronger focus on policies that promote, rather than stifle, upward social mobility. Like, e.g., investing in education. But it also needs to include tiding people over during times of crisis and hardship.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
There's a huge body of research
Pretty sure this is how far he'll get.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

“The science you love so much” is probably his good Christian quote of the year
Old 03-13-2021, 11:56 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Yes this is real. He is signing copies of Green Eggs and Ham for a $60 contribution

What a 🤡

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210313-115142~2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	12827
Old 03-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It’s maddening.

The estate removed a few books, not all of them!

The GQP live in a completely different universe than everyone else. It’s destroyed our political system and doing harm to society as a whole.

You can’t debate something that isn’t real, this isn’t even philosophical, it’s just plain make believe to create a grievance and collect $ from suckers.

At least there are rumblings of more and more Dems seeing the light in regards to the filibuster and their opportunity to pass real meaningful legislation that will help everyone. By helping people they will build more trust again and possibly secure a better future for society and their own ability to govern this way
Old 03-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It’s maddening.

The estate removed a few books, not all of them!

You don’t have to explain the lack of logic. It’s intentional. They’re making a rallying cry out of nothing because the GOP has clearly behind closed doors agreed that their agenda whilst the minority will be to harp on cancel culture. They have never had a respect for truthfulness, don’t know why that would suddenly matter now
Old 03-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Oh the places you'll overthrow
Old 03-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #99
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Hold on everyone, the good Christian is here to tell you his sincere feelings on how you’re the real racists!! Just doing the lord’s work.
“If you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black”
“Minorities don’t know now to go online”
“Poor kids as well as white kids”

Just to name a few....or I could post clips of AOC or Hillary using “blaccent” or talking about hot sauce in purses.

I’d be upset about the Democratic Party’s racist history (slavery, Jim Crow, KKK, voting en masse AGAINST the civil rights act), and all of the above quotes and events all happened after that(as well as all of the embarrassing blackface controversies.)

Now a good, well trained liberal will pull out the old “Southern Strategy “ myth of the parties switching platforms magically, but anyone who actually reads the historical record and not an article from The Guardian or Buzzfeed will know that’s completely false.

I live in a lower income , racially diverse community and have for many years. And it may shock you, but my church is equally White, Black, and Hispanic, and yes, somehow, despite the liberal narratives, we all worship together.

For all of your virtue signaling ( I mean ALL as in most on this forum), how many of you live in a racially diverse community, or “dare” to live near lower income housing areas??

I would be interested to know how diverse your particular circles are, and if any of your opinions on race, gender, income inequality issues come from real life experience or just what Anderson Cooper tells you.

Quite comical, all of it really.

We can talk about the “gender gap” in income, when you can show me where men and women doing the exact same jobs with the same levels of expertise and experience get paid less, otherwise, it’s just more liberal propaganda.

Wait, what about the other fifty genders?
Old 03-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
“If you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black”

“Minorities don’t know now to go online”

“Poor kids as well as white kids”

Just to name a few....or I could post clips of AOC or Hillary using “blaccent” or talking about hot sauce in purses.

I’d be upset about the Democratic Party’s racist history (slavery, Jim Crow, KKK, voting en masse AGAINST the civil rights act), and all of the above quotes and events all happened after that(as well as all of the embarrassing blackface controversies.)

Now a good, well trained liberal will pull out the old “Southern Strategy “ myth of the parties switching platforms magically, but anyone who actually reads the historical record and not an article from The Guardian or Buzzfeed will know that’s completely false.

I live in a lower income , racially diverse community and have for many years. And it may shock you, but my church is equally White, Black, and Hispanic, and yes, somehow, despite the liberal narratives, we all worship together.

For all of your virtue signaling ( I mean ALL as in most on this forum), how many of you live in a racially diverse community, or “dare” to live near lower income housing areas??

I would be interested to know how diverse your particular circles are, and if any of your opinions on race, gender, income inequality issues come from real life experience or just what Anderson Cooper tells you.

Quite comical, all of it really.

We can talk about the “gender gap” in income, when you can show me where men and women doing the exact same jobs with the same levels of expertise and experience get paid less, otherwise, it’s just more liberal propaganda.

Wait, what about the other fifty genders?

I’ve lived in majority black neighborhoods since 2004. In my neighborhood, there are some black residents who own million dollar homes and others who are likely at the poverty line.

But go ahead and tell me how Nixon’s Southern Strategy wasn’t real and Dixiecrats are liberal propaganda because the real racists are Democrats in 2021.