US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel a bit strange or uneasy that there’s more than a good chance sitting Congressmen and women who aided an attack on our capital are still actively working within those walls daily ?

I understand this is a huge investigation but it feels like we’ve kinda just moved on from one of the worst attacks on our country and democracy like it’s no big deal.

My hope was for a independent commission to investigate as you cannot put the very people who helped attack you on the same team.

I think the scariest part is that in a two party system we’ve now accepted that one party will use violent means to stay or take power.

Does anyone else feel a bit strange or uneasy that there’s more than a good chance sitting Congressmen and women who aided an attack on our capital are still actively working within those walls daily ?

I understand this is a huge investigation but it feels like we’ve kinda just moved on from one of the worst attacks on our country and democracy like it’s no big deal.

My hope was for a independent commission to investigate as you cannot put the very people who helped attack you on the same team.

I think the scariest part is that in a two party system we’ve now accepted that one party will use violent means to stay or take power.

I'm totally making assumptions here but I think you hit the nail on the head. It's a huge investigation and the last thing you want is a Richard Jewell situation with a sitting congress person. I think it also applies to why Trump hasn't been arrested yet. You want an air tight case.

If we are to take the Sen Ron Johnson view, it’s ok because they are white.

Speaking of whites, white parents really need to do a better job of raising their sons so that they don’t go on shooting sprees every time they have a bad day.

Where are their fathers?

Speaking of whites, white parents really need to do a better job of raising their sons so that they don’t go on shooting sprees every time they have a bad day.

Where are their fathers?

Yeah but half the fathers in this country voted for a man who incited an insurrection against his own country and think that Cancel Culture is the biggest threat to our nation, so it's not about "where they are", it's about "who they are".

Yeah but half the fathers in this country voted for a man who incited an insurrection against his own country and think that Cancel Culture is the biggest threat to our nation, so it's not about "where they are", it's about "who they are".

Where were their white fathers?

We need to talk about the white community and the citizens it’s producing.

I don’t understand the far right’s accusation of cancel culture thrown at animated characters and movies that are simply being altered to, you know, no longer depict creepy sexual harassment and racial stereotypes. These are the same people that wanted to cancel talk show hosts who called out Trump(Jimmy Kimmel), actually cancelled the Dixie Chicks who criticized Bush and thought Kaepernick taking a knee as a sign of protest was the most vile thing a football player could do.

Because they need anything to rile up their dying base. It’s about holding on to power, to present an enemy, and never give in. Win at all costs. Even if it goes against everything they once said they stood for

Like this

https://twitter.com/aaronmehta/status/1372979817931538434?s=21

Now a true American has always supported the Monarchy haha. It wasn’t the British we fought for our freedom, but BLM and Antifa

Boys indeed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A federal grand jury charged four leaders of the far-right Proud Boys with conspiring to block Congress from certifying U.S. President Joe Biden's election on the day of a deadly assault on the Capitol, according to court papers unsealed on Friday.

The indictment alleges that Ethan Nordean of Washington, Joseph Biggs of Florida, Zachary Rehl of Pennsylvania and Charles Donohoe of North Carolina conspired to encourage members of the group to attend the Stop the Steal protest in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6.

All four defendants in the superseding indictment released on Friday are the leaders or organizers of Proud Boys chapters in their respective states, the indictment says.

It says they worked to obtain paramilitary equipment used for the attack on the U.S. Capitol, dismantled metal barriers set up to protect the building, and communicated using handheld radios and encrypted messaging applications.

It also says the effort included soliciting donations through an online crowdfunding campaign to help the Proud Boys pay for protective gear, and an online fundraiser that generated more than $5,500 to help cover travel expenses to Washington.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Monday it will consider reinstating the death sentence for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, presenting President Joe Biden with an early test of his opposition to capital punishment.

The justices agreed to hear an appeal filed by the Trump administration, which carried out executions of 13 federal inmates in its final six months in office.

The case won't be heard until the fall, and it's unclear how the new administration will approach Tsarnaev's case. The initial prosecution and decision to seek a death sentence was made by the Obama administration, in which Biden served as vice president.

But Biden has pledged to seek an end to the federal death penalty.

While I'm not generally a death penalty proponent, the world would be better off without that stain.

I'm morally opposed to the death penalty, but I agree with you. Not just because it happened here. He committed terrorism and has zero remorse. Received education and other govt benefits and made the choice to squander all that. He was influenced by his brother, but he still had choices.

The situation at the border is a nightmare. It actually looks like children in cages, even if they aren't and hope to God they aren't. Lots of unaccompanied minors.

Biden administration woefully unprepared for this and the pandemic can't be an excuse. Let's get real, it looks like Trump and GOP can say we told you so and be justified in saying that.

The situation at the border is a nightmare. It actually looks like children in cages, even if they aren't and hope to God they aren't. Lots of unaccompanied minors.

Biden administration woefully unprepared for this and the pandemic can't be an excuse. Let's get real, it looks like Trump and GOP can say we told you so and be justified in saying that.

Sorry but this is bullshit.

Let’s start with the Trump admin made this mess. They completely fucked it the border with lack of any governance plus inhumane, criminal actions with their treatment of minors.

Should we forget that the Biden administration didn’t have a proper transition ? It’s basically the same as the vaccine rollout. There was nothing there.

It’s no different with the border. There is no crisis except what the media and right wing are yelling about.

What exactly is Biden supposed to do at this moment ? Leave these kids to die in the desert ? The GQP stance is that Biden is weak for showing a humane treatment and plan at this point, meaning their policy would be to let them die or suffer alone.

We also can’t just send them back which seems to be another talking point. Send them back to what ? More death ? They’ll just try again.

Give Biden administration some slack. They walked into this term blind thanks to Trump and his criminal buddies.

There is no easy solution here. It’s also only been month two of their administration

The media really are the worst and have learned nothing from the past. They only want conflict and this gives them something to create

It is interesting how the Q Party suddenly cares about things like Family Separation at the border. Oh, and Deficit.

The problem with the southern border is that there is a problem.

The Q crowd wants walls, moats, alligators and whatever else to keep people out at all costs.

Many on the left don't even want to recognize that there is a problem.

But North America isn't a Schengen-like zone and until and unless it becomes something like that (which it probably never will), you absolutely do have a problem when thousands, tens of thousands, millions of people over a relatively short period of time in human history cross, and exclusively in one direction.

There has to be a proper discussion of US immigration policy vis-a-vis the southern border. However, that too appears impossible with today's divisions.

So the problem will persist.

The problem with the southern border is that there is a problem.

The Q crowd wants walls, moats, alligators and whatever else to keep people out at all costs.

Many on the left don't even want to recognize that there is a problem.

But North America isn't a Schengen-like zone and until and unless it becomes something like that (which it probably never will), you absolutely do have a problem when thousands, tens of thousands, millions of people over a relatively short period of time in human history cross, and exclusively in one direction.

There has to be a proper discussion of US immigration policy vis-a-vis the southern border. However, that too appears impossible with today's divisions.

So the problem will persist.
The real problem is the US using its influence, overtly or covertly, to disrupt governments in South America that threaten to lay claim to their own resources since the end of World War II. Until that stops, the US has no moral high ground on which to refuse asylum to a single soul that reaches its borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom