US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated! - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #921
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:18 PM
matthew mcconaughey is currently ahead of abbot by 9 points...

Old 09-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #922
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
matthew mcconaughey is currently ahead of abbot by 9 points...
Will he be shirtless in the debates?

Old 09-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #923
Blue Crack Distributor

Hopefully
Old 09-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #924
Blue Crack Supplier

Alright alright alright.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #925
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:18 PM
His poll numbers will take a hit when voters discover what he said about high school girls.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #926
Blue Crack Supplier

"That's what I love about these state senators, I get older but they stay the same age."
Old 09-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
His poll numbers will take a hit when voters discover what he said about high school girls.

You mean his poll numbers will be a hit when the modern American can’t tell the difference between reality and Hollywood but prefers either in low class form.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #928
Blue Crack Addict

this is normally where i'd post a "happy election day, go vote" to my fellow canadians, but since anitram and dabiggest only seem to pop in rarely these days, i think i might just be saying it to myself...?

anyways, hooray for canada.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #929
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 09-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #930
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/Arianedevogue/st...83473473855496

remember that hillary and trump were the same candidate.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:07 PM   #931
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Nah, that made people love Trump more.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #932
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Haven't seen a Friday news dump quite like this afternoon's. Wow.
Just for the record, these were:

1 The over the horizon Afghan drone strike was a mistake and killed 10 Afghan civilians, some delivering jugs of water to homes. No ISIS members involved. Unfortunately described as a 'righteous strike' earlier by our CJCS.
2 The FDA voted 16-2 to delay the administration's booster plans, with the exception of old folks and other folks w/ risky comorbidities. LN7 alluded to this one.
3 France pulled it's U.S. ambassador. They'll be back eventually. However it does come about a month to the day after President Biden was held in contempt by the UK Parliament.

This news is from earlier, also but not mentioned here either. President Biden had a 'perfect call' with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani on 23 July:
https://www.reuters.com/world/excerp...23-2021-08-31/

Quote:
BIDEN: You know, I am a moment late. But I mean it sincerely. Hey look, I want to make it clear that I am not a military man any more than you are, but I have been meeting with our Pentagon folks, and our national security people, as you have with ours and yours, and as you know and I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.

And there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.

BIDEN: If you empower Bismillah [Defense Minister Bismillah Khan Mohammadi] to execute a strategy focused on key parts of the population centers, and I’m not a military guy, so I’m not telling you what that plan should precisely look like, you’re going to get not only more help, but you’re going to get a perception that is going to change in terms of how , um…[unclear].. our allies and folks here in the States and other places think you’re doing.

You clearly have the best military, you have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70-80,000 and they’re clearly capable of fighting well, we will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is and what we are doing. And all the way through the end of August, and who knows what after that.

But I really think, I don’t know whether you’re aware, just how much the perception around the world is that this is looking like a losing proposition, which it is not, not that it necessarily is that, but so the conclusion I’m asking you to consider is to bring together everyone from [Former Vice President Abdul Rashid] Dostum, to [Former President Hamid] Karzai and in between, if they stand there and say they back the strategy you put together, and put a warrior in charge, you know a military man, [Defense Minister Bismillah] Khan in charge of executing that strategy, and that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.

GHANI: Mr. President, we are facing a full-scale invasion, composed of Taliban, full Pakistani planning and logistical support, and at least 10-15,000 international terrorists, predominantly Pakistanis thrown into this, so that dimension needs to be taken account of.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's safe to assume that no one here would ever defend that drone strike. It's sickening murder of innocent civilians. But thanks for being the only honest broker of FYM.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:28 PM   #934
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I think it's safe to assume that no one here would ever defend that drone strike. It's sickening murder of innocent civilians. But thanks for being the only honest broker of FYM.
The drone strike was an honest error in the fog of war. I very firmly believe that. This particular one was eventually sniffed out by the international media....probably since it was a very high visibility attack. But exactly how you'd hope the media would do its work.

And please don't accuse me of being an honest broker, Mrs. S. But thank ya. I've been here awhile and have my own biases/hot takes that ruffle feathers. Might have more in the future. But you, and a handful of others, fit the same mold in Fym
Old 09-20-2021, 10:06 PM   #935
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

Quote:
Just for the record, these were:

1 The over the horizon Afghan drone strike was a mistake and killed 10 Afghan civilians, some delivering jugs of water to homes. No ISIS members involved. Unfortunately described as a 'righteous strike' earlier by our CJCS.

2 The FDA voted 16-2 to delay the administration's booster plans, with the exception of old folks and other folks w/ risky comorbidities. LN7 alluded to this one.

3 France pulled it's U.S. ambassador. They'll be back eventually. However it does come about a month to the day after President Biden was held in contempt by the UK Parliament.

This news is from earlier, also but not mentioned here either. President Biden had a 'perfect call' with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani on 23 July:

https://www.reuters.com/world/excerp...23-2021-08-31/

Fail to see how this is all that remarkable? Not seeing the word “perfect” anywhere either? Far worse drone attack mistakes were made u see each of the previous presidents … nice to see that the FDA doesn’t rubber stamp administration policy (one recalls “my generals”) … and Trump would have made ducking over the French the centerpiece of his re-election campaign.

Are you stretching? Flailing to make a comparison to literally every Friday from 2017-2021? Did you see the Eastman memo? Would you emoji that with something cutesy and suggest we’re a predicable, excitable bunch here?
Old 09-21-2021, 07:44 AM   #936
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:18 AM
The fact that we had a legitimate attempt at a coup and overthrow of the government as well as the will of the people, and we literally have just shrugged our shoulders means we are not ready for the next one. Which will be successful if nothing continues to be done about it.

Could you imagine if Obama tried to stay in power for a third term ? Or if Hilary had tried to fight 2016 in the courts like Trump ?

Trump has broken multiple laws (not just election) yet the dude is treated like a kid. Just let him tire himself out!!

Assuming he doesn’t pass away before 2024 he’s still the leader of the party and I’m convinced he’d probably still win the nomination if he was dead. GQP would Weekend at Bernie it

The next news cycle is going to be over the debt ceiling. Let’s see if Mitch is willing to let the economy crash and burn for a return to power
Old 09-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The drone strike was an honest error in the fog of war. I very firmly believe that. This particular one was eventually sniffed out by the international media....probably since it was a very high visibility attack. But exactly how you'd hope the media would do its work.

And please don't accuse me of being an honest broker, Mrs. S. But thank ya. I've been here awhile and have my own biases/hot takes that ruffle feathers. Might have more in the future. But you, and a handful of others, fit the same mold in Fym
That's not necessary, and it's rude. I would just ask where all your hot takes were during the Trump administration? All I recall is personally insulting comments directed at posters, and trolling types of comments.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:42 AM   #938
Blue Crack Addict

Also of course countless hit and run drive bys
Old 09-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #939
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
That's not necessary, and it's rude. I would just ask where all your hot takes were during the Trump administration? All I recall is personally insulting comments directed at posters, and trolling types of comments.
This. These cutesy little drive-by posts with minimal engagement are beyond tired and old.

Here's the thing: the Democrats are perfectly capable of criticizing Biden's actions on our own (and what's more, we don't censure people in our own party who dare to criticize Biden, either! Imagine that!). We have done that, and we will continue to do that. We do not need additional commentary from the peanut gallery, who are so desperate to try and make Biden sound as bad as, if not worse than, Trump in an attempt to distract everyone from the absolute shitshow that is their party.

If those on the right want to worry about anything, maybe they should keep their focus on cleaning up the mess within their own party, and try actually holding some of their own people accountable for a change. I want to see the right call out people like Gaetz, Jordan, Boebert, DeSantis, Abbott, Cawthorn, et al. I want to see them join the Democrats en masse in supporting an investigation into what happened on January 6th. I want see them actually stop inviting Trump to speak at events, or going to meet him at Mar-a-Lago, and cut him off from their party entirely. I want to see them calling out Fox News/Newsmax/OAN for spreading dangerous and deadly lies and misinformation about the vaccine. If they ever were to miraculously one day start doing that, then I would start to care about what they have to say about Biden.

Until then, they can sit down and be quiet.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:58 PM   #940
Refugee

Quote:
The last two lines of my last comment were a self-deprecating joke, and then a compliment to you at the end. The internet doesn't always translate what someone is trying to get across. Not my intention to wind you up there and I apologize.

On the Trump Administration, I agreed with many and not all of his policy ideas and criticized his personal behavior, which was routinely unpresidential. Post-election 2020 was a completely different story.