US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even accept Joe Biden into my sociopolitical identity the way Republicans playing team politics desperately wish I would, so I certainly do not give a shit what Hunter Biden is up to.

Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by his former boss. She wrote about it in the NY Times.

Color me not surprised at all. She doesn't think he should be fired. Bet there will be many more accusers, just like his bro.

I think the difference between Hunter Biden and Donald Trump Jr. is that Jr. was a prominent member of his father’s administration. It’s not clear to me that Hunter Biden is involved at all in the Biden administration.

The point there is that even if you have legitimate criticisms of him, there’s a routine attempt to associate Hunter Biden to Joe Biden’s presidency. That does work for Jr., it doesn’t work for Hunter.

Yeah I agree that Hunter Biden is persona non grata in his father's presidency. Not because he had substance abuse problems. It's because of what Biden Inc was up to exploiting the 'big guy's' tenure as vice president. In the news again just in the past few days....it wasn't Russia Russia Russia disinformation. A real shocker.

I think it's a fair contrast to the Trump kids are stupid conversation, sparked up again right now because why? That's all.

Trump kids are stupid was "sparked up" by me because Washington is a damn mess and joke. Headed to a shutdown because the TRP/GQP wants to stick it to Joe. The hell with the people they represent.

I know, Trump had all of his contribution to the national debt covered. 40 trillion or whatever it was. That's what his lackey McCarthy said.

Trump's kids are stupid sure beats talking about the fucking mess this country is in BECAUSE PEOPLE REFUSE TO GET VACCINATED AND BECAUSE TRUMP DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT COVID. Yes, Biden has fucked up plenty of things too.

Inflation, shortages, toilet paper, Congress is a joke, and so much more. So nothing wrong with talking about Trump Jr being an idiot. Put me on ignore if it bothers you.

Yeah I agree that Hunter Biden is persona non grata in his father's presidency. Not because he had substance abuse problems. It's because of what Biden Inc was up to exploiting the 'big guy's' tenure as vice president. In the news again just in the past few days....it wasn't Russia Russia Russia disinformation. A real shocker.

I think it's a fair contrast to the Trump kids are stupid conversation, sparked up again right now because why? That's all.

Biden, inc? Are you kidding? That’s some OAN garbage.

Sure, let’s set aside the “Eric is dumb” stuff. That’s the lazy stuff. The easy stuff is to talk about all the graft of the past four years done by those three, let alone a lifetime.

Let me know when Hunter steals from children’s cancer charities.

Inflation, shortages, toilet paper, Congress is a joke, and so much more. So nothing wrong with talking about Trump Jr being an idiot. Put me on ignore if it bothers you.

Naw, why would I put you on ignore? I know how to use the function (and do use it sparingly).

You make plenty of good points that others won't bring up. That we might not agree on everything in politics on the freakin internet is A-ok with me.

I hate to be the guy who repeatedly has to vocalize that you really shouldn’t feel the need to detest BW, but short of have views that are questionable what is this person doing that is so deserving of rebuke?

Maybe I’ve been blocked too many times by the gays. I think the concept of blocking is childish. Learn to talk it out. It’s okay to amicably disagree. If the guy says something you adamantly disagree with, feel free to be aggressive. Until then, let someone exist. Don’t assume what someone thinks, instead encourage them to say exactly what they think.

I don't "detest" anyone. The little digs at me over the years have built up to be tiresome, that's all. That's childish if you ask me. Unnecessary. You can state opinions here without making those digs.

I have done nothing to prevent him from existing. Just not going to take the digs any longer without responding.

You guys crack me up. You are still so obsessed by Trump that you cant see anything else going on, really an argument about who is the stupidest Trump? Are you kidding me?

I have a conspiracy, Trump was a plant by the Democrats all along, so the hoi polloi would focus on him in reality show like obsession as if he was freaking Richard Hatch or Boston Rob somebody you just tune into to hate.

This is what is wrong with this county; these obsessions that blind you from seeing how bad Biden is fire-trucking up, how our legislature is broken, why our country is in the decline. It's all one freaking Jerry Springer show after another. But it's ok you are getting your bread and circus. But instead of the Gladiators fighting it out in the arena, you get to see woke mobs killing reputations and careers, the obsession with Trump, the evil of MAGA keeps you entertained,. But don't look behind the curtain, don't see the ineptness of the emperors or how Rome is declining, keep watching the gladiatorial events, everything is great, just great.

What did this lead Rome to a split between east and west, and this will lead to a split on our country if you can't open your eyes.

I am not a Trump Supporter, I think he was an idiot. However he never become a focal point of my daily life, I simply knew he would face the electorate in 4 years, and if the dems could offer a better solution he would be out. However, if you keep obsessing on him, and don't hold your own party to account, kill the wokeness crap (all it really is fake outrage to make people feel better about themselves, it's more akin to self gratification) and focus on message and fixing problems Trump may be back in 3 years, or somebody worse. Like Maher said if the Democrat's talking points look like they came out of the Onion there is a message problem.

Last edited:
The strangest part about that is the ineptness and rome is falling statement.

Yeah no shit, when one side is focused on trying to govern while their sibling goes through some kind of existential crisis, it’s sort of hard to have a genuine conversation or compromise on what the next steps are.

The word compromise was on life support, and died with Donald Trump. We all know who to thank for that.

I’m really curious why Bill Maher is the right’s leftly saint. He’s a liberal through and through. He supported Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton thereafter. He thinks Donald Trump is a putz and a conman and a giant manbaby inept turdball.

Bill Maher has controversial but valid opinions on cancel culture and race etc., which I suspect is why he is this saint to the right. But the thing is, that man can have a valid conversation because he is in fact an honest broker. For example, with his recent news presence denouncing a black anthem as de-unifying, I would genuinely believe in his heart he feels that is de-unifying. What he probably is missing is that rhetoric is important. He is attracting people on the right who do in fact have hate in their hearts and do not Ike he concept of black celebration.

So, we can agree that Bill’s perspective is valid. Can you honestly say that Bill’s perspective is the perspective of the GOP?

The answer is no.

Not regularly, but who cares if his political takes fit in a box or not?

Well it’s why I think it’s important for you to share your views rather than covertly operating. People will just assume that you’re in your box otherwise.

Most democrats or progressives are not going to see eye to eye with some of Bill Maher’s views, but when it comes to topics that he can be controversial on, I think the conversation should most certainly be between his view and the view he’s challenging. If you’re outside of that spectrum, you deserve to be detested. If you even seem like you’re outside of that spectrum but you’re not, you owe it to what’s morally correct to establish very firmly what you do not accept (e.g. racism), otherwise you are making yourself a target to be blanketed as racist. Is that unfair? No, because the topic has to have a firm cutoff line, there is no gradient into racism. There’s a conversation on race, and there’s racists. We can’t be wasting our time trying to “listen to everyone” if not everyone wants to make it clear that they want to be in the conversation on race.

Well it’s why I think it’s important for you to share your views rather than covertly operating. People will just assume that you’re in your box otherwise.

Most democrats or progressives are not going to see eye to eye with some of Bill Maher’s views, but when it comes to topics that he can be controversial on, I think the conversation should most certainly be between his view and the view he’s challenging. If you’re outside of that spectrum, you deserve to be detested. If you even seem like you’re outside of that spectrum but you’re not, you owe it to what’s morally correct to establish very firmly what you do not accept (e.g. racism), otherwise you are making yourself a target to be blanketed as racist. Is that unfair? No, because the topic has to have a firm cutoff line, there is no gradient into racism. There’s a conversation on race, and there’s racists. We can’t be wasting our time trying to “listen to everyone” if not everyone wants to make it clear that they want to be in the conversation on race.

This is extrapolating a whole lot from two simple posts mentioning Bill Maher.

This is extrapolating a whole lot from two simple posts mentioning Bill Maher.

As I mentioned, I’m just tired of Bill Maher being the darling liberal of the right. It’s sometimes disingenuous. I willingly read both CNN and Fox News even though I hate them both with a passion because I want to see what most of America is exposed to. Fox News has a routine habit of eye-catching article titles about some point Bill Maher has made that tells-it-like-it-is to liberals. It’s distortion though - Fox News is disingenuous. Bill Maher is a liberal, and they’re using him to further a platform that detests liberals and paints them in some vilified sense.

My bottom line here is that if we are going to say Bill Maher is on to something, why not just say what you think he’s onto? He advocates for an America of equality and has an annoying, smug, combative way of doing so. He makes himself a target to be misconstrued. It’s your choice if you want to be perceived as someone misconstruing his intention or someone who believes his point of view is the right way to do things.

https://twitter.com/politidope/status/1442264648149917700?s=21

Most of us don’t care what Trump says anymore. It’s what he’s enabled or inspired.

This.

I'd also add that it's hard to ignore him when the GOP keeps trying to shove him into our faces and STILL keeps trying to litigate the 2020 election over and over and over and over and over again. We'll stop talking about him when the GOP fucking let him go and quit using him to keep their party afloat. They should be joining the rest of us in demanding he go to jail for any of the numerous crimes he's committed.

Imagine thinking that “wokeness” makes a list of even the top 25 things to worry about.

Sure, global warming is literally torching the earth and COVID kills 2,000 people every two days (mostly in red states) but some college students somewhere are triggered by something. Let me vote in Republican authoritarianism to stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom