US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated! - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2021, 09:11 AM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,450
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Think his pants were on backwards. It’s a clue from Q!!!

Then there’s this

https://twitter.com/marianne_levine/...382824963?s=21

GOP won’t vote for it so therefore i won’t vote for it! We must have bipartisanship!!!!!

In what other countries does this happen? Doesnt the majority party get to set the laws, with maybe some input from others ?
__________________

BEAL is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #482
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:53 AM
I really hope they were on backwards

Click image for larger version

Name:	E3KPwhEX0AEDJGl.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	12871
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:53 AM
My pants will go on and on. Backwards

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210606-113236~2.png
Views:	21
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	12872
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #484
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 31,884
Local Time: 10:53 AM
2 of history's biggest sinking ships.
Hewson is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #485
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 67,806
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Think his pants were on backwards. It’s a clue from Q!!!

Then there’s this

https://twitter.com/marianne_levine/...382824963?s=21

GOP won’t vote for it so therefore i won’t vote for it! We must have bipartisanship!!!!!

In what other countries does this happen? Doesnt the majority party get to set the laws, with maybe some input from others ?
Here's the deal with Manchin - he's a democrat in name only.

Here's the other deal with Manchin - he's about as liberal a senator as you can expect from West Virginia and without him Mitch McConnell would still be majority leader.

So democrats need to not worry so much about him and focus on flipping more seats in 2022.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 08:47 AM   #486
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4474.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	12873
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 06-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #487
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 67,806
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Fair
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 10:53 AM
That’s from 1994.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 06-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #489
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,836
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Machin got under 50% of the vote in his 2018 re-election, and West Virginia has only gone more to the right since then. Unless something happens that changes that course, I don't see him getting re-elected in 2024. He's playing a fool's game here. Yes, he's still the best option right now, and Dems have control as a result, but at this point he should do what's best for the country.

And he turns 74 this year. I know, we have seen (and continue to see) plenty of politicians continue to stay on with advanced age. but is he really going to run again for another six year term at 78? Because if he's not, he should stop fucking around and let his party govern.
phanan is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 67,806
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
That’s from 1994.
As the saying goes - the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #491
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,330
Local Time: 10:53 AM
My chief complaint is that the republicans have fake bipartisans who always vote with republicans, but democrats have fake bipartisans who also always vote with republicans. Gipped.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 31,884
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
My chief complaint is that the republicans have fake bipartisans who always vote with republicans, but democrats have fake bipartisans who also always vote with republicans. Gipped.
Hewson is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #493
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,330
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Kinda just thought about it and the bottom line is that “bipartisans” do not exist anymore. Centrists still do though, but they’re not bipartisan. You know, like Lisa Murkowski is a centrist.

But any sense that they want bipartisanship is... a mirage. There aren’t enough of them (centrists) to attain bipartisanship and they know it. It’s just a facade to defend themselves in re-election. Imagine someone running a campaign on actual bipartisanship as their platform. Doesn’t exist.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #494
War Child
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 939
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Machin got under 50% of the vote in his 2018 re-election, and West Virginia has only gone more to the right since then. Unless something happens that changes that course, I don't see him getting re-elected in 2024. He's playing a fool's game here. Yes, he's still the best option right now, and Dems have control as a result, but at this point he should do what's best for the country.

And he turns 74 this year. I know, we have seen (and continue to see) plenty of politicians continue to stay on with advanced age. but is he really going to run again for another six year term at 78? Because if he's not, he should stop fucking around and let his party govern.
Unlike Sinema, who to me comes across as an opportunistic cynic, I think Manchin is a genuine believer in the Senate and all its trappings and grandiosity, which makes him even more of a fool. I think a lot of what he says is insincere in the way that all politicians are insincere, but I do think he genuinely believes that the filibuster is important for some stupid reason. Having read Caro's LBJ biography about his time in the Senate, it is incredible how often so many of these senators delude themselves into believing the Senate's brake slamming on needed legislation is important, and that bipartisanship, unmoored from any actual beliefs or policy, is a worthy goal in and of itself.
Jerry Dunk is offline  
Old 06-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #495
War Child
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 939
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Kinda just thought about it and the bottom line is that “bipartisans” do not exist anymore. Centrists still do though, but they’re not bipartisan. You know, like Lisa Murkowski is a centrist.

But any sense that they want bipartisanship is... a mirage. There aren’t enough of them (centrists) to attain bipartisanship and they know it. It’s just a facade to defend themselves in re-election. Imagine someone running a campaign on actual bipartisanship as their platform. Doesn’t exist.
Basically the only bipartisan consensus that remains is a need to invest a shitload of money into the military.
Jerry Dunk is offline  
Old 06-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,450
Local Time: 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/mepfuller/status...107075585?s=21

Not just Joe M, it’s a lot more that would need convincing.

2022 the Dems are gonna lose the House without any federal gerrymandering laws
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-10-2021, 01:21 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Yes I know it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things. But I still like it, and I think Jill Biden is a sincere person.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/world/europe/jill-biden-jacket-melania-trump.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	60c23d3226e70.image.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	12874
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 06-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 31,884
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Stark contrast

Hewson is offline  
Old 06-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #499
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,330
Local Time: 10:53 AM
She should really have just not, imo
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
She should really have just not, imo
Dr. Jill shouldn't have worn the Love jacket? In the article she explains the meaning in her own words.

Of course people are going to compare it to Melania's awful jacket. She will never live that one down, rightfully so. It was intentionally tone deaf. Whenever I think of her as First Lady, that jacket always comes to mind.
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×