US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Champ. <3

Our German Shepherd died in January and of all my dogs he was like my soul animal.

Our new GSD puppy arrives in 3 weeks, so looking forward to it. Nothing like those shepherd eyes, once they get into your heart, you can’t live without them.

RIP Champ. <3

Our German Shepherd died in January and of all my dogs he was like my soul animal.

Our new GSD puppy arrives in 3 weeks, so looking forward to it. Nothing like those shepherd eyes, once they get into your heart, you can’t live without them.

I remember when you posted about that. Hope your new puppy brings you joy❤

My dog — who I feel an almost eerie connection to— was recently diagnosed with osteosarcoma. We had to remove her front left leg. The good news is we caught it early, it hadn’t metastasized. The first 2 weeks were agony and she’s now capable of only 10 minute walks (instead of 60), but overall she’s bounced back and doing marvelously well. Personality 100% intact.

The overall outlook is still pretty bleak — if she’s here this time next year, she will have beaten the odds. So news of Champ hit home.

Big hugs to all the dogs — past, present, and future.

My dog — who I feel an almost eerie connection to— was recently diagnosed with osteosarcoma. We had to remove her front left leg. The good news is we caught it early, it hadn’t metastasized. The first 2 weeks were agony and she’s now capable of only 10 minute walks (instead of 60), but overall she’s bounced back and doing marvelously well. Personality 100% intact.

The overall outlook is still pretty bleak — if she’s here this time next year, she will have beaten the odds. So news of Champ hit home.

Big hugs to all the dogs — past, present, and future.

I'm so sorry :(

What an ignoramus

Sen. Ron Johnson was loudly booed during an appearance at a Juneteenth celebration on Saturday in Milwaukee.

The boos directed at Johnson, 66, came after he blocked legislation last year to make Juneteenth a federal holiday, and after he reluctantly voted in favor of the same measure last week.

"Although I strongly support celebrating Emancipation, I objected to the cost and lack of debate," Johnson, a fierce ally to former President Donald Trump, said in a statement last week.

"While it still seems strange that having taxpayers provide federal employees paid time off is now required to celebrate the end of slavery, it is clear that there is no appetite in Congress to further discuss the matter," the Republican said.

Congress quickly passed the bill last week and President Joe Biden signed it into law on Thursday, making Juneteenth the nation's 12th federal holiday.

On Saturday, Johnson shared several images of him at Juneteenth celebrations in Kenosha and Milwaukee, where he received what many news outlets described as an expected bit of backlash when he showed up at the Milwaukee event.

"As more people recognized him, he was drowned out by a chorus of boos," the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

"We don't want you here!" crowds chanted at Johnson, while others added "nobody wants you here!"

What an ignoramus

Sen. Ron Johnson was loudly booed during an appearance at a Juneteenth celebration on Saturday in Milwaukee.

The boos directed at Johnson, 66, came after he blocked legislation last year to make Juneteenth a federal holiday, and after he reluctantly voted in favor of the same measure last week.

"Although I strongly support celebrating Emancipation, I objected to the cost and lack of debate," Johnson, a fierce ally to former President Donald Trump, said in a statement last week.

"While it still seems strange that having taxpayers provide federal employees paid time off is now required to celebrate the end of slavery, it is clear that there is no appetite in Congress to further discuss the matter," the Republican said.

Congress quickly passed the bill last week and President Joe Biden signed it into law on Thursday, making Juneteenth the nation's 12th federal holiday.

On Saturday, Johnson shared several images of him at Juneteenth celebrations in Kenosha and Milwaukee, where he received what many news outlets described as an expected bit of backlash when he showed up at the Milwaukee event.

"As more people recognized him, he was drowned out by a chorus of boos," the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

"We don't want you here!" crowds chanted at Johnson, while others added "nobody wants you here!"

Good. I'm actually surprised that guys like him and Gaetz go out in public. If I ever saw them, I would heckle them with so many hurtful comments and try to make them cry at all costs.

NYC - Rank Choice Voting :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

because I have been dealing with a very annoying and challenging issue for me I just didn't get around to studying everyone else but Mayor, the one race I had been following.

So I crammed it in all yesterday!
When I woke today I'd forgotten half of it! :mad: :sad:
Started over.
Finally got out and voted. :up:

(and no snarky rank choice voting comments from you
Mr Oh, Canada DAVE C! )

j/k just messing with ya :wink: :wave:

I guess I'll have to alot more time over weeks to follow more candidates in each of the relevant races as this kind of voting proceeds in the future. :up:

Last edited:
I hope what happened today is enough to convince all the democrats to find a way around the filibuster

this is all a bunch of theater so that in a month or two after they exhaust the faux bipartisanship act, manchin can claim he tried his best to compromise but the republicans refused everything so now he has no choice but to sadly vote to amend the filibuster rules. he barely stands a chance of being re-elected as it is, this is really his only course of action if he wants to keep his job, other than becoming a republican. and the democrats can't afford to lose his seat so they kinda have no choice but to go along with it.

Reading that the infrastructure deal that will go through may not please many on the left, but the plan is to get more of the beef through reconciliation process. This is more for show

Of course don't be surprised if the GOP still votes against it.

I absolutely believe that we should defund the police.

I just don't expect most Americans to agree with me and speak accordingly.

I absolutely believe that we should defund the police.

I just don't expect most Americans to agree with me and speak accordingly.

I don’t disagree from a virtuous and fundamental perspective - we don’t meed to spend as much money on policing and military as we do.

But do you not see how the concept of simply defunding a critical governmental function is divisive and does not pose a solution? Similar to cancelling student loan debt, which I support still, you can’t simply invoke change without saying how you’re changing it. Police do still have a necessary civil function, similar to how the cost of education has in fact gone up. We would be so much better off getting what we want with nuanced decisions.

"Defund The Police" is possibly the worst slogan of all time. That's a big reason why people hate it so much.

Maybe if it’s made known that Police forces are teaching critical race theory the right will be on board with defunding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom