US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think you're making an actual point here, or...?

I don't think terrorists and terrorist sympathizers should be respected nor listened to. Crazy idea, I know.

I've hid it so well for so long, it feels good to finally be free to be myself :p!

I wonder why this guy is still allowed to post here... he should have been banned a long time ago.

Like, there are almost as many democrat voters in Florida as there are people in Massachusetts. And we can buy alcohol on Sundays thx.

We can buy alcohol here on Sunday as well. Blue laws went bye bye in 2004. (after partial changes in early 90s to allow sales on Sundays within 10 miles of border states that were open and allowing sales on Sundays from Thanksgiving to NYD)

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...lievers_n_601078e9c5b6c5586aa49077?ri18n=true

Depressing and heartbreaking.

I don't understand how this happens...as a mother, there is nothing in this world that means as much to me as my children. The reasons to get up in the morning and face the day. They are bright and beautiful and thankfully still young enough to want to hang out with us.

The idea of cutting them off in the name of a cult is so bizarre, so beyond comprehension and at the same time it's increasingly happening with families.

There is one good friend of mine whom I consider totally lost. I've written about her before, lives in Long Island and was pulled into the cult by her husband (although she has also taken up with the MLM "huns" so there's no telling how much they and the essential oils they're sniffing have also contributed). She works in the legal field, I met her years ago when I lived in NYC and we kept in touch as we were of a similar age, had kids at similar times and so on. I no longer engage with her but it's sadly come to the point where I am going to have to delete her from my social media. Frankly I thought she's purge me by now but no, she persists in posting things that just present her to be such an awful person and I no longer have the stomach for it.

this was an interesting read, thanks for posting it. my ex's parents are both way down the Q rabbit hole now despite living in eastern canada and i can only imagine how incredibly frustrating they are to deal with these days - they were already angry, self-pitying people who liked to pick fights over literally nothing, so i'm sure i would have reached a point of considering cutting them off by now if i still had them in my life.

We can buy alcohol here on Sunday as well. Blue laws went bye bye in 2004. (after partial changes in early 90s to allow sales on Sundays within 10 miles of border states that were open and allowing sales on Sundays from Thanksgiving to NYD)

Yea yea yea I know, it was a cheap but dated dig at how not everything is always as rosy as one paints it. But it sort of contradicts my point. No point in broad brushing.

By Nik DeCosta-Klipa, Boston.com Staff
February 16, 2021 | 1:52 PM

Steve Bannon, the former strategist of former President Donald Trump who was indicted for allegedly defrauding hundreds of thousands of supporters as part of a purported fundraising campaign for a southern border wall, is pitching local Republicans on another ambitious project.

According to the Boston Herald, Bannon told the West Roxbury Ward 20 Republican Committee during a video speech over the weekend that his new strategy is for Trump to run for Congress in 2022, get elected, and then become House speaker — assuming that Republicans also retake majority control of the House of Representatives and then rally behind Trump over the current congressman in line for the position.

Then, as House speaker, Trump would move to impeach President Joe Biden over the still-unfounded and repeatedly debunked allegations of widespread voter fraud tipping the 2020 presidential election, Bannon reportedly said.

“We totally get rid of Nancy Pelosi, and the first act of President Trump as speaker will be to impeach Joe Biden for his illegitimate activities of stealing the presidency,” Bannon said during the speech Saturday, earning applause and hollers from the local GOP group, known for its pro-Trump bent, according to the Herald.

The long-shot idea would make Trump just the second U.S. president to serve in Congress after leaving the White House, following Quincy native John Quincy Adams, who served nine post-presidential terms as U.S. representative from Massachusetts. (Like Trump, Adams also boycotted his successor’s inauguration after losing his re-election bid; unlike Trump, he did not encourage supporters to march on the Capitol building after his loss.)

It’s not clear where Trump would run for Congress. After living in New York for most of his life, the 74-year-old recently declared residence at his resort in Palm Beach, Florida. His congressional district is currently represented by Democratic Rep. Lois Frankel, who has recent experience defeating a far-right conspiracy theorist.

However, according to Bannon, the plan is not for Trump to stay in Congress for long. Rather, from his perch as House speaker, the ex-president would take a third shot at the White House in 2024.

“Trump is a disruptor, but he has a long-term vision because I absolutely believe in the marrow of my bones that he will be our nominee in 2024,” Bannon said, according to the Herald.

“He’ll come back to us. We’ll have a sweeping victory in 2022, and he’ll lead us in 2024,” he added.

Bannon, who reportedly has begun advising Trump again, was pardoned by the president just before he left office last month.

While I don’t want people to suffer, I think it’s absolutely appropriate to call out assholes like Ted Cruz or Dan Crenshaw who use CA as a punching bag when their own state is a disaster. And it’s also fair to point out that Biden is sending relief to a state that didn’t vote for him and where a lot of people say some really very nasty things about him.

While I don’t want people to suffer, I think it’s absolutely appropriate to call out assholes like Ted Cruz or Dan Crenshaw who use CA as a punching bag when their own state is a disaster. And it’s also fair to point out that Biden is sending relief to a state that didn’t vote for him and where a lot of people say some really very nasty things about him.

I mean let’s avoid playing that Trump game.

Donald Trump is the only president in modern history who has publicly expressed his intents to withhold funding or care for a state because they didn’t vote for him. Possibly only president ever.

I mean let’s avoid playing that Trump game.

Donald Trump is the only president in modern history who has publicly expressed his intents to withhold funding or care for a state because they didn’t vote for him. Possibly only president ever.

Not playing it, pointing it out.

Biden should model good behavior. As he is.

[TWEET]1361094672001732616[/TWEET]

Here's the company in Texas that is responsible for this suffering, trying to get a jab in at the poor people whose survival is at the whims of the profit margin for their executives.

https://twitter.com/markniesse/status/1362016823349309440?s=21

Maybe start giving WV and AZ senators whatever they want in exchange for killing the filibuster

Are the Dems really that naive to think they’ll hold onto power by trying to work with the other side ?

Iowa just put up new voter suppression bills this week too.
The republicans have the Dems nuts in a vice because for decades Republicans did a great job running the right candidate in the right place to fill seats down ballot on the state and local level.

Fighting for the removal filibuster is something that should be done, but it's merely a stop gap solution. This will take decades to fix.

Mitch is a fucking moron in this case, for the political chess player he is, he should’ve predicted that trying to pick no side has affirmatively placed him in no-man’s land.

Mitch is a fucking moron in this case, for the political chess player he is, he should’ve predicted that trying to pick no side has affirmatively placed him in no-man’s land.

He operated for years in a sort of vacuum - he was very good, tremendous even, at keeping his own caucus in check. But for some reason he seems to have underestimated the insanity of the newer crop of Republicans and some of the older ones that have been emboldened to be even bigger assholes than before.

https://twitter.com/markniesse/status/1362016823349309440?s=21

Maybe start giving WV and AZ senators whatever they want in exchange for killing the filibuster

Are the Dems really that naive to think they’ll hold onto power by trying to work with the other side

I don't think it's so much that as it is that I think they're afraid of the possibility that they could remove it, only to wish they had it should they find themselves the minority party again in the future. I totally agree with and understand the reasons for wanting to remove it altogether, but I can also see where the GOP would take advantage of that in the future should they regain power.

Even then, though, I think most of the Democrats do want to get rid of it. It's a small handful blocking the idea.

Iowa just put up new voter suppression bills this week too.

Of course they did. God, I hate that my state is under GOP control.

As for Rush, I'm just going with, "If you can't say anything nice...".

Rick Perry wants you to die for your energy independence!!

Kinda like the TX officials who basically said sacrifice grandma to covid to keep the bars open!!

It’s typically inappropriate to speak poorly of those who are dead but yes, what you cited there is definitely why idgaf what people say, good riddance to an egregiously bad human being.

Facebook has essentially just fucked Australia's news publishers, they have banned the sharing of ALL news on Australian Facebook, meaning you cannot share anything that remotely looks like news on the platform anymore. Gigantic ramifications.

Allegedly scumbag Ted Cruz flying to Cancun with his family, in the middle of one of the most dire situations Texas has ever seen. The other pictures look like him. F the people he represents.

Plus what about all the rapists and murderers in Mexico?

Screenshot_20210218-081511~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom