US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to not respond like an asshole, especially considering what his position was.

Politico should also not be reporting on somebody's personal life unless it involves some sort of abuse or wrong doing.

The Vanity Fair article says that Politico had the right to report on their relationship because it falls under the ethics issue of a WH official and a journalist having a personal relationship. She was reporting on the Biden campaign, don't know what she was officially reporting on after Biden was elected.

The VF article gives more details about other things Ducklo said to the Politico reporter. It was completely inappropriate. Sounds like something Trump would say, honestly.

She was taken off the beat in November. Unless either one of them abused their position in about ways? Who cares if they were dating.

If she buried a negative story? If he was feeding her information? If either one was abusive to the other? That's something with investigating.

Short of that? It's not news.

Also it's nice to talk about getting rid of the filibuster, but two Democrats don't support it so it's not happening.

Maybe the acquittal can be justification for these senators to nuke it. Saying they thought the other side of isle could be reasonable but failure to see the facts shows we won’t be able to do our jobs the next two years. We have no choice...

Cause if they can’t get rid of it then next to none of Biden’s agenda gets thru. We need the voting rights act passed ASAP.

Or we just accept that American democracy is basically dead and it’s a slow March to Republican rule

Also it's nice to talk about getting rid of the filibuster, but two Democrats don't support it so it's not happening.

We’re building a permission structure. The GOP does this all the time.

Like for white guys who want to vote for Trump and want to convince themselves they aren’t doing it racistly.

This guy sounds unhinged. Yes Biden said he would fire people for such things, not off to a good start. Should have been reported to Biden right away.

The Hill.com

If I recall correctly, same guy who has been battling stage 4 lung cancer despite not being a smoker and being like 20 years under the typical age of diagnosis.

I’m not excusing his behavior, but I’d forgive the erratic display and just accept that he made a mistake and thankfully the administration stuck to its word.

Seriously, please, God, someone finally needs to slap the goddamn cuffs on this asshole. I am so incredibly beyond sick and tired of seeing him get away scot-free.

I'd also love for some state investigation to take down his sons, too, to knock the smugness off their stupid faces and shut them up. And yes, every single Republican who voted to acquit needs to be removed from office, too, and if possible, barred from ever running for any kind of office ever again.

I also think that anything the GOP says going forward about the Biden administration, be it criticism or commentary or whatever else, should be ignored by every legitimate media outlet imaginable. They don't deserve to have their voices heard on anything. And Biden and the Democrats should just go ahead with whatever policies they plan to enforce and not even bother to hear the Republicans out.

Exhibit #540 as to why Ronald Reagan’s classic quote remains true.....”If fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the form of Liberalism.”

Classic.

The GQP needs to be broken down, destroyed and rebuilt by individuals who will work in good faith with others. It's been decades (centuries?) since the party has had anyone but their own interests in mind, and they will bend over at a moment's notice for wannabe autocrats like Trump if they see that it strengthens their grip on American politics, so shutting them out and minimizing their input is for the good of the American working and middle classes.

If the "suck it up, buttercup" and "fuck your feelings" crowd is going to shit themselves and scream fascism the moment they have their power taken away from them, experiencing consequences for years of spitting in the face of facts and reason while backing a selfish, narcissistic, anti-American demagogue, all the better! I enjoy it. I respect their perspective even less than I did their disgraced orange god.

Last edited:
Oh, and fuck Ronald Reagan.

It makes sense that callous, shit-for-brains Trump supporters would idolize someone who doubled down on the endlessly destructive war on drugs, contributed to greater hardships within the black community, ignored the AIDS epidemic, removed safety nets for the poor, negotiated with terrorists, looked the other way on atrocities when they couldn't be attributed to Communism, vetoed anti-Apartheid legislation, and tripled the national debt while claiming an economic policy designed to benefit the rich would eventually trickle down to the working class.

Last edited:
Exhibit #540 as to why Ronald Reagan’s classic quote remains true.....”If fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the form of Liberalism.”

Classic.

are the fascist liberals coming to america before or after the end of ordinary spring?

Classic.

Says the man who has nothing to say about thousands of right wingers literally storming the capitol to overturn an election and prevent a peaceful transition of power .

2¢ seems an exceedingly generous valuation.

Says the man who has nothing to say about thousands of right wingers literally storming the capitol to overturn an election and prevent a peaceful transition of power .

2¢ seems an exceedingly generous valuation.

You’re wrong, they were Nancy’s Army!!

Classic.

Do you think you're making an actual point here, or...?

I don't think terrorists and terrorist sympathizers should be respected nor listened to. Crazy idea, I know.

In all my years of posting here I have always suspected that Moonlit Angel is a fascist. Phew, glad someone finally outed her.

I've hid it so well for so long, it feels good to finally be free to be myself :p!

This is what conservatives online do. They ignore everything except specific things they have pre-programmed one-liners for. There's no use engaging with the lost causes.

This is what conservatives online do. They ignore everything except specific things they have pre-programmed one-liners for. There's no use engaging with the lost causes.

While I acknowledge the textbookiness you’re referring to, I think it’s important to treat everyone like an individual...

... and this guy is a pretty bad individual lmao.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...lievers_n_601078e9c5b6c5586aa49077?ri18n=true

Depressing and heartbreaking.

I don't understand how this happens...as a mother, there is nothing in this world that means as much to me as my children. The reasons to get up in the morning and face the day. They are bright and beautiful and thankfully still young enough to want to hang out with us.

The idea of cutting them off in the name of a cult is so bizarre, so beyond comprehension and at the same time it's increasingly happening with families.

There is one good friend of mine whom I consider totally lost. I've written about her before, lives in Long Island and was pulled into the cult by her husband (although she has also taken up with the MLM "huns" so there's no telling how much they and the essential oils they're sniffing have also contributed). She works in the legal field, I met her years ago when I lived in NYC and we kept in touch as we were of a similar age, had kids at similar times and so on. I no longer engage with her but it's sadly come to the point where I am going to have to delete her from my social media. Frankly I thought she's purge me by now but no, she persists in posting things that just present her to be such an awful person and I no longer have the stomach for it.

Texas has its own power grid ? Not surprising since they’ve always wanted to go it alone (it’s in their damn slogan!!)

And of course they rail against the Federal government but as soon as a disaster hits, and one that is entirely on them, they want their handouts.

It’s easy to say fuck them but unfortunately that hurts a lot of innocent people. And a lot of people are going to freeze to death before help can arrive.

Texas has its own power grid ? Not surprising since they’ve always wanted to go it alone (it’s in their damn slogan!!)

And of course they rail against the Federal government but as soon as a disaster hits, and one that is entirely on them, they want their handouts.

It’s easy to say fuck them but unfortunately that hurts a lot of innocent people. And a lot of people are going to freeze to death before help can arrive.
This is the right attitude. It's been really demoralizing to see all of this "you reap what you sow" sneering at people in states that end up in the red column when disasters happen to them, as if there aren't plenty of people suffering who didn't ask for the negative things happening to them. And it's not like it's limited to red states; just look at what has happened with PG&E in California. I don't see people lining up to thumb their nose at wildfire victims there the way they do at southern states. The people who led us to this point are never the ones who actually suffer the consequences.

Privatizing utilities is a disaster every single time.

I mean the whole “you reap what you sow” thing is a joke - as someone from Florida who happily shits on his own state, it’s annoying as fuck to have to defend it when someone like my roommate or someone here calls it a red state and then goes off about how progressive Massachusetts is. Like, there are almost as many democrat voters in Florida as there are people in Massachusetts. And we can buy alcohol on Sundays thx.

Shaming big states like Texas/Florida/Ohio because of their redness is falling victim to the political game you’ve been fed your whole life of “winner take all.”

I mean the whole “you reap what you sow” thing is a joke - as someone from Florida who happily shits on his own state, it’s annoying as fuck to have to defend it when someone like my roommate or someone here calls it a red state and then goes off about how progressive Massachusetts is. Like, there are almost as many democrat voters in Florida as there are people in Massachusetts. And we can buy alcohol on Sundays thx.

Shaming big states like Texas/Florida/Ohio because of their redness is falling victim to the political game you’ve been fed your whole life of “winner take all.”

Similarly, using California as an example of a liberal haven is absolutely laughable. There are more Republican voters here than anywhere else in the country, mainly up around Sacramento. Even in SoCal, Orange County, especially Huntington Beach, is basically conservative Florida. No state this large is a monolith. This is what our map looked like in 2020:

california-2020-election-results-1607689636.png

Last edited:
CA is a bit of a liberal mirage. Propped up by images of beaches, surfers, Hollywood, and of course people smelling their own farts San Francisco (I kid).

The state is a bit of a disaster in regards to the Climate, wealth inequality, homelessness, and people are leaving in droves (for TX....which maybe they're wishing for the heat of the fires at this moment).

Where I'm at is definitely more liberal than Des Moines (hometown), but a 30 mile drive up north and even though you're still on the beaches, it's a mix of crazy GOP and the uber rich GOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom